Beam cable Hyd 2mbps@999

Even I got a message that my connection has been upgraded to 1mbs and i've been observing that it was 1mbps for the past few days :)

btw, mine was 512kbps earlier. and I used to download around 100gb per month.

hellgate said:
do these guys only provide connectivity in HYD?
or are they present in other parts of the country?
i'm tired with the bloody downtimes of Hathway.
]

sorry mate but beam cable is strictly restricted to hyderabad.forget the rest of the country.btw,these plans r already kickin mtnl's a**:tongue:

yeah, i have their plan details

768kbps - 600PM

1mbps - 800PM

2mbps - 1000PM

4mbps - 1500PM

6mbps - 2500PM

all are unlimited plans and no FUP apply apparently

rohan30186 said:
I have called them again to confirm for you guys...
Today? I cant seem to connect to an operator, figured it was cause it is a holiday. They mentioned some discounts/vouchers worth a lot that are given with their 6 and 12 month packages. Any info on those?

Rave said:
yeah, i have their plan details

768kbps - 600PM
1mbps - 800PM
2mbps - 1000PM
4mbps - 1500PM
6mbps - 2500PM

all are unlimited plans and no FUP apply apparently

r these tax inclusive?what is the frequency of their downtimes?:huh:

well the prices are inclusive of tax, and dont know about the downtime, i havent used it in years, but its very less if any these days apparently, can say for sure only when i use it

thnx for the info, rave. the guy is quoting a sum of 1k for installation.my area has got gud feasability. wat shud i quote?

ok here's a scary thought... all you heavy downloaders will get a HUGE bill (or sudden disconnection/drop in speed) due to FUP being silently implemented and not clearly specified :p

took 500 as installation from me and took 1month's rent as advance since they say its prepaid connection...downtime i would say 3-4hrs a month...they inform you when there is any downtime for any particular reason and get it up in the time mentioned...in feb-march i didn't face any downtime...jan i guess 2-3 dowtimes in entire month of 1-2 hr each...but over all connection is very good...have download over 1tb in last 6months using 768kbps connection....Now they r giving me 2mbps n damn I dont have any space left on my 2 external hdds n laptop....

I played CS:CZ on indian servers with latency less than 25ms and upto 200-250 on some european n american servers

ok here's a scary thought... all you heavy downloaders will get a HUGE bill (or sudden disconnection/drop in speed) due to FUP being silently implemented and not clearly specified

They dont have the backend to monitor FUP and stuff :rofl:
All we BSNL guys r just screwed :mad:...and we cant even do anything.

4 mbps fully UL @ 1500 PM .....my blood is boling at BSNL :mad:

Suddenly I see all operators have lowered costs of all plans. This is surely because of 3G auctions mainly and some huge pricing drop on international bandwidth done by Bharti and Sigtel :D

We can expect some bloody war at the 2nd half of this year once 3.5G HSPA is in full force and Qualcomm gets their LTE license :D

yup, price cut in effect across pretty much all ISPs, hopefully we are at a dawn of a new age in Indian broadband (laughs hysterically at the statement just made by meself :rofl: )

Supra said:
They dont have the backend to monitor FUP and stuff :rofl:

LOL. yea im getting annoyed at BSNL too now... hopefully in a few months airtel will become an option for me...

gauviz said:
Hi Guys,

How do we connect a wireless router/ multiple computers to beam cable connection.
Is it Possible?

Thanks
Gaurav

Yes, its possible. Its as simple as connecting the Beam's Lan cable to the router and start browzing.

Just talked to operations manager, Beam. He tells me that 2mbps would be with FUP of just 25GB. After that connection would be 768kbps. Whether they really apply that or just continue to provide 2mbps, is anybody's guess. Took the connection anyway :)

Back