Beam cable Hyd 2mbps@999

No doubt beam has launched so tempted plans in terms of price,

But airtel service does not suck.

I am on 1299 512d/1M n.

I have crossed 100 (Max usage 148 gigs in a month) gigs every F@##in' month since I am using this broadband Service. Never has any FUP applied on my conn. May be strange. But I have 2 positive experiences to share.

1) In first month I faced issue with my wi-fi ADSL2+ modem twice. Both the times Airtel Representative was at my home within 2 hours of call. When Problem occurred second time, he changed the router without any blah blah.

2) I was charged 100 rupees more for some "Online desktop Usage" for 2 months. I called CC and told them how did this happen? I was told that it was activated by mistake, and they apologized, and in next month's bill, Rs 200 were waived.

3) Downtime? I have not faced in my 7 months spree.

But I do believe that charges are high, but I guess, due to companies like Beam they also have started experimenting with plans Like recently launched 4 Mbps plans with 25 gigs FUP(256 kbps afterwords).

And Competition is only gonna decrease the ISP charges here in our beloved country. So hope for the best

rohan30186 said:
Upload Speed arnd 210-220kBps using utorrent...download speed around 220kBps...

Http downloads : around 260kBPS using IDM

Jdownloader(megaupload/rapidhare/hotfile without premium account): around 235kBps before 1st May...Now around 30-35kBps :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's so tempting for 1000/- compared to 1099/- + S.T. for a 512 Kbps Airtel line with 60 kB/s average DL and 27 kB/s UL.

Am really wondering what to do....billing cycle closing date is on 25th :huh:

How safe is Beam network? I mean do you regularly encounter Virus etc?

Airtel is trouble free and highly reliable complemented with their rock solid customer care response.

Thanks.

kippu said:
virus depends on ISP?

Yes, it does :) A good ISP has a good deployed Network with better controls complemented with sound Network administrators.

I knew a local case (some 3 years back). A friend of mine used to have a connection from an ISP called Diginet or something (Balkampet based) who used to do the business by taking a huge pipe from Beam. He always used to face Virus problems and regularly ARP attacks. The reason was poorly implemented Network solution by that ISP, example using a Windows XP based PC as a Network Gateway :mad:

manu1991 said:
and that too coming from a user named linux :rofl:

I know but if the users are over confident and cocky a Linux machine could be infected/compromised as well :)

^^ U can always protect ur system with good antivirus...I have Mcafee total protection original 15months pack..never faced virus issues...
But may vary at ur place...not sure

Btw if anyone doesn't know, on Beam cable you can have Norton Antivirus for free. check the Tools page. I don't even remember when was the last time when I saw any virus notification. I believe that amount of Virus you encounter depend upon the type of web-site you visit/ or from where you download. After experience one has pretty much good idea which site not to use/from where to get cracks etc without any virus/deleting suspicious mails right away/before downloading any torrent read comments, when downloading check the type of files that you are downloading.

rohan30186 said:
BEam finally back on track...FUP limit increased to 50gb :) ....faizan123 n others ur efforts paid off....
gauviz said:
even i received a message that FUP increased to 50gb for 2Mbps connection.
Kudos to faizan123 for the effort. Infact the MD of beam asked his assistant if they could offer him a job and he even said that they'll pay well when he said that he has one. LOL

No problems friends. It was just a mutual help.

kippu said:
good job Faizan .... how come i havent got any message yet :|...

Lol. I was about to but i was busy with a marriage .

coolcowboy said:
Beam 2mbps all setup by 2pm today and am browsing it, good speedy service.

Here's the speedtest result:

Enjoy buddy.

Yea i got a call asking me abt photograph n address proof. I called up customer support , they said there is no such thing . They said someone was trying to fool us. Dont give them the id proof. Just ask their name n ph no. Call up the support n give them his details or call him up n thrash him .

^^ yup ..whats more is that this price is tax inclusive.. want another good news? If you buy for an year together, you can shave off another 3000 bucks from the price :)

Back