Beam cable Hyd 2mbps@999

Dude try to call them up n start scolding them. My browsing speed is too slow.

anyways is it possible to do something like a hack so that Beam isnt able to make out our usage,it shldnt reflect on our MY USAGE page ? Some new hack or someother trick . shantanugoel may be u can try it out . ?

I've been on Airtel for years now, is Beam worth leaving Airtel considering the excellent service Airtel offers? The speed Beam offers at the given price is so tempting !

coolcowboy said:
I've been on Airtel for years now, is Beam worth leaving Airtel considering the excellent service Airtel offers? The speed Beam offers at the given price is so tempting !

+1 :)

It would be great if someone could post the upload and download speeds (in kB/s) of a 2 Mbps line :cool2:

coolcowboy said:

If u can live with 25gb FUP then u can take beam...pretty rare downtimes...if u rate airtel as 10 then beam would b 8.5...Super quick service...broke my LAN pin abt 4-5 times...their technician visited me in less than 2hrs...once i called them at 11.45pm...their technician was at my place b4 morning 9...So I think u can go for beam...but Still airtel is d best in terms of connectivity/reliability

linux said:
+1 :)

It would be great if someone could post the upload and download speeds (in kB/s) of a 2 Mbps line :cool2:

Upload Speed arnd 210-220kBps using utorrent...download speed around 220kBps...

Http downloads : around 260kBPS using IDM

Jdownloader(megaupload/rapidhare/hotfile without premium account): around 235kBps before 1st May...Now around 30-35kBps :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

rohan30186 said:
If u can live with 25gb FUP then u can take beam...pretty rare downtimes...if u rate airtel as 10 then beam would b 8.5...Super quick service...broke my LAN pin abt 4-5 times...their technician visited me in less than 2hrs...once i called them at 11.45pm...their technician was at my place b4 morning 9...So I think u can go for beam...but Still airtel is d best in terms of connectivity/reliability

Thats good enough for me, thanks for the reply mate. I asked Beam to setup a connection at my place this morning and an executive came by afternoon and filled up the forms.

I didn't want to cancel my airtel connection so, have deactivated the broadband plan and kept the landline. The airtel guys gave me a 250 plan wherein I pay Rs.250 every month and get 25 hours of 256kbps every month and Rs.50 calling value.

Time to try Beam's 2mbps :hap2:

EDIT: He also mentioned that they are in the process of increasing the FUP to 40GB from 25GB.

faizan123 said:
I would say Stick to Airtel for now. IF 25GB limit is not a big deal for u then u can go ahead with BEAM.
You make it sound like its game over after the 25gb, 1mbps is still fast enough.

Other than the Rapidshare and Megaupload speed throttling, I have no complaints whatsoever against Beam so far.

And yea, I get full 400kbps+ till I cross 25gb, about 120-140kbps after that.

damn said:
You make it sound like its game over after the 25gb, 1mbps is still fast enough.

Other than the Rapidshare and Megaupload speed throttling, I have no complaints whatsoever against Beam so far.

And yea, I get full 400kbps+ till I cross 25gb, about 120-140kbps after that.

I just made clear that there is a FUP applicabe now...which wasnt there earlier...2mbps moves down to 768kbps(which is good enuf) after 25gb

Well as far as connection quality is concerned beam is much better than Airtel, Before this i was on Airtel 2Mbps UL pack.

Also reagarding Rapidshare/Megaupload i don't think issue is with beam as even with airtel i used to get awesome speeds somedays and shitty the other days. Infact i was really amazed when i used to get more than 150kbps on megaupload but lasted only a week after that i was getting 20-30 kbps and this was on airtel.

Just got a message, FUP raised to 75GB. Pretty sure Airtel and BSNL are gonna lose most of their customer base if they don't change their tariff.

EDIT : Yea, the 75GB I mentioned is for the 4mbps plan. ;]

even i received a message that FUP increased to 50gb for 2Mbps connection.

Kudos to faizan123 for the effort. Infact the MD of beam asked his assistant if they could offer him a job and he even said that they'll pay well when he said that he has one. LOL

damn said:
Just got a message, FUP raised to 75GB. Pretty sure Airtel and BSNL are gonna lose most of their customer base if they don't change their tariff.

You got it right...latest Airtel voucher came in my bill says that all existing broadband customers are getting their bandwidths doubled by June for FREE :hap2:

Which means the customers would experience 1 Mbps speeds for the existing 512 Kbps lines. Ditto for the 256 Kbps and 2 Mbps customers too. I must mention that Airtel has incredible reliability record plus their networks are maintained much better for virus etc. And, all the folks like me who use Wireless Routers have an advantage of using the built-in Hardware firewall.

So, with 100 gig FUP, Airtel is much better option to hang on but i really don't like their pricing :huh:

Airtel charges much higher and their network quality is not as good as beam.

i have 2Mbps UL which is 2999 + taxes, even if they double the speed to 4Mbps

beam is offering this at 1500 net which is less than half only difference is 75gb fup vs 100 gb FUP. You do the math

coolcowboy said:
I asked Beam to setup a connection at my place this morning and an executive came by afternoon and filled up the forms.

Time to try Beam's 2mbps :hap2:

Beam 2mbps all setup by 2pm today and am browsing it, good speedy service.

Here's the speedtest result:

Back