Beam cable Hyd 2mbps@999

Guys, I was frustrated with the web login thing (mainly because I have a lot of net connected devices that I use but they dont have a browser). So, I reverse engineered their login process and found out a way to do this easily and automatically. Please read about it here and let me know if you find it useful or need any help/clarification :)

And it also has specific instructions for anyone using an asus router with oleg's firmware :)

Automatic Login For Beam Cable | Shantanu's Technophilic Musings

Well the wget method is not working for me, maybe because the whole command is not visible on the your blog. Can you please post it here

wth man, after working properly for a few days, its giving me problems, its down today since morning and i got a call from their customer care after i logged a complaint that apparently the switch is being turned off by some friggin retarded apartment owner where its installed, retarded morons :mad:

gauviz said:
Well the wget method is not working for me, maybe because the whole command is not visible on the your blog. Can you please post it here

Here
Code:
wget [url]http://123.176.37.2/newportal/Ajax.php[/url] --post-data="function=ExecuteLogin&user=YOURBEAMUSERNAME&pwd=YOURBEAMPASSWORD&remember=false&timestamp=1271186686298"

Yesterday i got an email and sms that i've exceeded the FUP of 25gb and that my connection is limited to 768kbps but i'm still getting 2Mbps :p

Though the upload speeds have come down but who cares about that

waattttt FUP of 25gb? whoa ..well i finally am in hyderabad , staying in the kukatpally area, apparently they have an office in the next block of my township , so the installation happened in one hour , no charges :p , and no issues watsoever for past 4 days , pretty neat :D
They have a tieup with TATA indicom,so thats that ..

thanx to all TE members now we have a FUP on Beam cable as well....even I got a message that I have crossed 25gb limit and my broadband speed is reverted back to 768kbps...Most of u jealous bugs will be happy now...:mad::no:

Lol what are you guys complaining even 768 kbps with those upload speeds are good at that price. I am bloody paying 1200 Rs for a 400kbps connection in a metro :p

rohan30186 said:
thanx to all TE members now we have a FUP on Beam cable as well....even I got a message that I have crossed 25gb limit and my broadband speed is reverted back to 768kbps...Most of u jealous bugs will be happy now...:mad::no:

http://www.techenclave.com/broadband-forum/beam-cable-hyd-2mbps-999-a-162674-4.html#post1449344

Striker10 said:
What makes you think they will not implement FUP????. When more and more customers join, they'll implement it silently :bleh: It's inevitable

;) :lol: :lol:

Guys, lets all write to beam guys to let them know oir displeasure at this FUP.. tell them that no one told us about FUP when we were taking the connections and it should be removed as it is a very very low limit for a 2 mbps connection.. etc etc..

You can also mail the nodal officer of beam tele at sriram.d@beamtele.com

I've been writing since over two weeks now. Would be nice if they would increase the tariff a notch and remove the whole FUP thing.

Well i got the message 4 days back and i'm still getting full 2Mbps speed.

Has anyone actually seen permanent drop in speed.

In case they actually implement this FUP we can all form a group and complain together.

Surely that'll make more impact. I know 5-6 people not on techenclave but on this connection. What do you think. Even if they don't remove the FUP we can get it increased atleast.

gauviz said:

In case they actually implement this FUP we can all form a group and complain together.

Surely that'll make more impact. I know 5-6 people not on techenclave but on this connection. What do you think. Even if they don't remove the FUP we can get it increased atleast.

yes my speed is down to 768kbps from 2mbps...Can u beleive I started the thread praising Beam...

Is any1 else facing slower speed ??

gauviz said:
I'm on the 4mbps unlimited connection and I've had my speeds lowered when I hit the 70GB mark, but their operators still were claiming that the FUP was set at 25GB.

well am on 768kbps plan and my speed has been reduced to 256kbps coz of the FUP usage of 25GB has crossed

what nonsense, will be shooting an email to them, although did anyone have any luck with regards to emailing them?

my friend who got 4mbps connection, got the speed dropped to 1mbps after 25gb download. He was told by everybody that the limit is 50gb for 4mbps plan, but now all claim it to be 25gb. :(

Back