Beam cable Hyd 2mbps@999

anyone's beam cable working fine?

Its not working for me since morning and their live support is offline.. They are not picking up the customer care phone either and half of the time it even says number is invalid..Any ideas?

This is what I hate about small ISPs.. they are better in general but when something breaks you are a goner with no support

Yeah since they upgraded their FUP , the connection issues r very common. My friends are even complaining that even if they aren't downloading anything it shows are 8-9gb used. So its fooling. So becareful everyone n keep an eye on ur my usage stats. I personally feel that the browsing speed is vvery slow now and youtube videos r taking time to load,this is not like earlier. Even after complaining im getting a msg that problem resolved even though no one attended my complaint. They are like free to do anything they want.

faizan123 said:
Yea i got a call asking me abt photograph n address proof. I called up customer support , they said there is no such thing . They said someone was trying to fool us. Dont give them the id proof. Just ask their name n ph no. Call up the support n give them his details or call him up n thrash him .
missed your reply somehow.. i thought that something was fishy..when i asked the caller why she wants the details again she kept saying they are consolidating things or whatever... weird thing is that she knew my account number, my email id and my address..

faizan123 said:
Yeah since they upgraded their FUP , the connection issues r very common. My friends are even complaining that even if they aren't downloading anything it shows are 8-9gb used. So its fooling. So becareful everyone n keep an eye on ur my usage stats. I personally feel that the browsing speed is vvery slow now and youtube videos r taking time to load,this is not like earlier. Even after complaining im getting a msg that problem resolved even though no one attended my complaint. They are like free to do anything they want.
woah.. this is bad :( btw my connection became ok now but it really showed how bad their customer care is.. surprisingly their numbers were not working till the time the connection was down... i tried 3 of their numbers including customer care, another office number and corp office number and all 3 of them were just not connecting or saying number invalid/not in use.. i kept trying it and as soon as i got through one number the connection also started working.. i think they purposely disabled the numbers..

Some of the people i know are still able to get past the FUP limit. They hacked the BEAM using old trick. So those FUP's are not stopping their speeds. Come on some coders here can findout some way , so that we can have some fun as well.

So how many of u guys here crossed their Limits ?

I crossed my 50GB limit by 7th of this month ;)

i have to troubleshoot one of my friends wireless router with beam , netgear whr54g , have yet to see it in evening , any one have any issues with it ?

Do people at beam actually pick up the phone ? I have been trying to call for past 2 days all I hear is Music and "Your call is important to us please hold the line " :S

They never mentioned the FUP limits for any of their plans on their website, just added a "*" in the end and said FUP was applicable on selected plans. But yeah, I crossed my 75GB on the 4th of this month and am receiving only 1mbps since then, so the FUP is still in effect.

Hi,

I am considering going for the 2mbps plan priced at Rs 1000/- on their site. I would appreciate if any of the exisiting customer took the time to reply to my queries below:

1. Whats the Data Limit after which my speed will reduced for the duration of remaining month for this plan?
2. What speeds will i get after i reach this limit?
3. Are these Data limits also in place for lower 768kbps and 1024kbps plans as well? I'd like to know the details for those as well if possible.
4. Is this tariff inclusive of all taxes and modem rentals if any?

Quite honestly their plans are the most attractive by far offered by any isp i know of. Judging by replies that customers have posted in this thread, it appears that most people do get the speeds that are paid for by them. I live in Madhapur so i can only hope the quality of service is as good as most other places in Hyderabad.

Thanks.

(I have tried inquiring about all of the above directly from their customer care, but so far have received no response to the mail i had sent)

for3v3r said:
1. Whats the Data Limit after which my speed will reduced for the duration of remaining month for this plan?
50GB for the 2mbps plan.

for3v3r said:
2. What speeds will i get after i reach this limit?
768kbps.

for3v3r said:
4. Is this tariff inclusive of all taxes and modem rentals if any?
The cable goes directly into the ethernet port, no modem needed. If you plan to share the connection, you would need to get a router yourself. The said charges include all taxes.

I live in Madhapur and have 2Mbps connection from. Rare down time. Stable speeeds . They send sms in case they have maintenance. Price is 999 inclusive of taxes. FUP is 50gb after which speed goes to 768 kbps , not limit after this. No idea about Customer care as havent faced any problem. Been using it for around 6 months.

Thanks for thr reply guys.

If i opt for the 768kbps plan, is there an FUP for that as well? Or does it remain constant throughout the month no matter the bandwidth i've used up.

Thanks.

Back