Budget 15-20K "Best" Android phone for under 20k?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Can you guys give me some personal recommendations for the best phone under 20k? Regardless of the specs or brand or even what I want.
Please state your reasons for it if possible. I'm thinking of getting one during this Republic Day sale if possible.

I've also read the template and looked into my requirements and couldn't find a phone which I really like so I'll choose only the relevant info from the template (just for formality's sake).

1. Budget?
A: INR 20k max.

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: FHD. Super AMOLED would be great (M51)

3. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G. Don't need 5G.

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I like Moto for its stock Android. I used to hate Xiaomi phones for its MIUI interface and bloatwares. And Oppo, Vivo phones etc. I should mention that I don't know how to root phones.

5. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, video recording and light gaming. I need 60fps for 1080p. Don't need 4k.

6. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM with dedicated MicroSD card slot

7. New or Used?
A: New is preferred. Old is fine if I get a good deal on phones less than 2 years old with good battery life. 2+ years is a big NO. Especially those users who play games a lot and charge a hundred times a day.

8. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup. Nothing less than 5000mah battery if possible. Fewer options I know. Need SD730G chipset minimum.

9. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung M51 has almost everything which I need. What it doesn't have are: 60fps video recording and stabilized video recording. Just these two
Moto Fusion Plus. But it doesn't have a dedicated MicroSD card slot. I want to add 128GB card. Also 5000mah battery. If it had 6000mah battery it would have been an instant pick.
Moto G9 Power. This was my first choice. But the the HD+ screen and lack of dedicated card slot hurt it.
I currently own a Moto G5+.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Get the 8X man, the Poco F1 is 2 years old, they battery must have degraded considerably even in very good condition.
I'm also planning to get the 8X (it's OOS almost in every physical store in Vienna, a store possibly can arrange...waiting)
Done with Samsung. It's either LG or another Xiaomi for me. I may go back to Apple, but no Samsung for next few years.
Just curious, you had recently got Samsung Note with a stylus if I recall and you were pretty happy. It met all your needs..
Why such a sudden change of heart against Samsung?

Yes, it was a Note 10 lite, I was fascinated by the s-pen. But the damn phone has become VERY sluggish with very poor battery life within 6 months with no gaming.
Believe it or not, in Europe our mid range options are very very limited. A generation old iphone is a very tempting option. And the SE2 in budget category.

Last edited:
Yeah that's Samsung for ya and the same applies for LG as well. In fact, their skin is worse than Samsung's.

OP may want to check out the Moto G 5G, looks like a decent enough device for the price anyway. It should be kept in mind the size and heft of a phone nowadays though, as someone who is using another Motorola (Fusion) it's nearly impossible to carry these insanely sized phones in our pockets, and no matter how long you use the heft will always be felt. But i haven't seen any company giving a damn about size or weight, 6.5 inches have somehow become the norm and 200+ grams along with, as if we're meant to carry bricks as penance due to some unknown sin committed. AMOLED is meaningless unless your primary media consummation device is your mobile phone.

There's a Moto Edge S released in China yesterday, good specs and all, may wanna wait for its Indian pricing.

Sorry i couldn't suggest any non vanilla Android devices as I don't give a two shits about any of them. Good luck.

I didn't post about the Moto Edge S as the price came to over 30k after conversion. No way am I going to spend 30k on a phone. That's far too luxurious.
Oops! I was looking at the 8GB/256GB model. The basic 6GB/128GB costs CNY 1999 which comes to around 22k INR. This is good. Hope it's not just a chip refresh.
Get the 8X man, the Poco F1 is 2 years old, they battery must have degraded considerably even in very good condition.
You won't find the G8X in new for 19k anymore. Not sure I'll find one in used condition in my budget either.
The F1 owner lives locally and I'm aware of the battery issues so I wanted to check it for a day or two.
I'm not impatient as I use my phones till they die. Min 3 years. Lol

EDIT:
About the Moto Edge S, I realized that I was looking at the highest variant ie. 8GB/256GB which costs CNY 2799 ~31000 INR. The base model 6GB/128GB costs CNY 1999 ~22000 INR. The middle variant 6GB/256GB costs CNY 2399 ~27000 INR. Hope we'll get the device here before the new additional import tax comes through. I'm all hyped now. Eagerly waiting for reviews. Anyone looking for an upgrade and particularly Moto fans/stock Android lovers looking to upgrade should wait for the Moto Edge S. RIP Samsung M51.
But one thing about Moto phones and I don't know if this is an isolated case with my Moto G5+ but it's not wise to purchase Moto phones right away. I bought my Moto G5+ right after release and it was very buggy. They patched the Moto G5+ a number of times before it was finally usable without any issue. Also my friend bought the Moto G5+ after seeing mine and he updated his Android to Oreo and it slowed down and this was very noticeable. My phone is still running v.7.0 for that reason.

Last edited:
Can you guys give me some personal recommendations for the best phone under 20k? Regardless of the specs or brand or even what I want.
Please state your reasons for it if possible. I'm thinking of getting one during this Republic Day sale if possible.

I've also read the template and looked into my requirements and couldn't find a phone which I really like so I'll choose only the relevant info from the template (just for formality's sake).

1. Budget?
A: INR 20k max.

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: FHD. Super AMOLED would be great (M51)

3. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G. Don't need 5G.

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I like Moto for its stock Android. I used to hate Xiaomi phones for its MIUI interface and bloatwares. And Oppo, Vivo phones etc. I should mention that I don't know how to root phones.

5. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, video recording and light gaming. I need 60fps for 1080p. Don't need 4k.

6. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM with dedicated MicroSD card slot

7. New or Used?
A: New is preferred. Old is fine if I get a good deal on phones less than 2 years old with good battery life. 2+ years is a big NO. Especially those users who play games a lot and charge a hundred times a day.

8. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup. Nothing less than 5000mah battery if possible. Fewer options I know. Need SD730G chipset minimum.

9. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung M51 has almost everything which I need. What it doesn't have are: 60fps video recording and stabilized video recording. Just these two
Moto Fusion Plus. But it doesn't have a dedicated MicroSD card slot. I want to add 128GB card. Also 5000mah battery. If it had 6000mah battery it would have been an instant pick.
Moto G9 Power. This was my first choice. But the the HD+ screen and lack of dedicated card slot hurt it.
I currently own a Moto G5+.

What do you guys think?
realme 7 pro, amoled screen, sd720, 65w charger. stay away from realme 7

Thanks for all the replies guys. I appreciate them. Just an update, I'm waiting to get a used good phone for under 10k and also waiting for the Moto Edge S launch and pricing in India. If i get the used phone I'll wait for a few months for the price of the new Moto phone to stabilize. I don't recommend buying Lenovo's Moto phones right out of launch day. They are buggy and have many issues.

How much performance % gain does the SD 732G/Adreno 618 (Redmi Note 10 Pro ~16999rs) have over the SD 678/Adreno 612 (vanilla Redmi Note 10 ~13999rs)?

I like Xiaomi specs on paper but I don't intend to buy one if I'm not desperate.
Good news! (though a bit late)
G40 and G60 launch is official.
April 20th on Flipkart.
Screenshot_20210416-220946~3.png
Phone comes with SD732G with 120Hz and HDR10. What's the big deal with 120Hz? I'd rather take 60Hz with Super AMOLED. I was eagerly hoping it to have Super AMOLED at least this time T_T
Anyone know how good this "HDR10" is?

Last edited:
You use 90,120hz.. you don't go back to 60hz. It also depends how well the HRR is optimised, else it ruins the experience.
I had the same view as you, got X3 with same Soc(732). used 60hz despite having the provision for 120. Now I have forced-locked it to 90hz to get the experience of best of both, HRR and battery. Not going back to 60 hz even though MIUI feels optimised at 60hz.
HRD 10-> Videos are more crisp than SDR as the colour scale is closer to what human eye can see.

Last edited:
For me it's mostly information dose, so scrolling. Besides it makes your experience a bit smoother unlike others where there is jerkiness or stuttering when browsing or using phone in general.
My use case is pretty limited, mostly browser dependent. But I think apps like twitter, Insta, YT should easily support 120hz.

Back