Monitors Best budget monitor pick?

kvn95ss

Adept
Hello,

I have an RX 570 (4gb) and R7 2700. I will be using the monitor for gaming (Apex Legends mostly, but thinking of getting back into single player games like Final Fantasy, Kena and others) but main focus would be on productivity (should help with work from home). Budget starts from 10k and at max 27k, but something in 15-20k range would be most suitable. Was preciously using Acer sh200l (Hand me down from a relative) and after 7 years, it now is not recognizing inputs. Monitor does turn on tho. I'm looking for a monitor which ideally should last a similar amount of time (or at least 5 years). Bonus points if the monitor has 3 years warranty.

The monitor prices have gotten jacked up, but am expecting some good deals during the amazon sale.

I have considered a few options wrt my use case, and these are the options I have shortlisted -

1. 1080p (22" or 24"), with freesync
- This LG monitor (10,399) is the cheapest. My brother has the same monitor, text needs some adjusting as by default its sharpened too much
- This Lenovo L monitor (10,999) is 600 rupees more, but has a flat monitor base, so I guess I could keep my wireless charger there and utilize that space.
- This Lenovo Q monitor (13,999) is expensive but is 24". The stand could might also give some extra desk space. Also looks aesthetic af lol
- This Aopen monitor (14,299) is the cheapest 144hz panel, but its VA. Personally would prefer IPS, but would love to hear from anyone who has this monitor
- This MSI monitor (15,499) is the cheapest 144hz IPS panel I could see

2. 1440p (27"+), preferably with free sync
- This Acer monitor (20,099) is the cheapest 2k monitor, but no freesync and extremely questionable QC
- This LG monitor (21,998) has freesync and is 144hz
- This LG monitor (22,499) 32 inch version (5 inches extra size for like 500 extra bucks lol)
- This Lenovo monitor (22,498) has free sync but is 75 hz

Other picks -
This LG ultrawide. It may effectively be as tall as a 22" monitor but with more vertical real estate. Also has freesync.

Personally, I'm leaning towards 2k, but worried between 27 inches and 32 inches. The cheapest panel might be decent (if my luck is good) but lack of freesync is a huge bummer, and with my rx 570 it might be a requirement for a smoother experience.

Which of these would be the optimal pick?

Will recommend ViewSonic 21.5 inch Full HD LED Backlit IPS Panel Frameless Monitor (VA2256H) (AMD Free Sync, Response Time: 5 ms, 75 Hz Refresh Rate), which sits below your budget.

The MSI G27CQ4 is a good 2k VA option. You can save an additional INR 1,750 - 2,000 if you have an HDFC credit card. An acquaintance of mine has 2 of these oriented in an ultrawide array and he seems to be quite happy with 'em. Also decent reviews in general.

Thanks for your suggestions.

In the end I have bought this 24" LG monitor
And along with it bought a 2 tb Seagate hard drive to replace my failing 1tb hdd.

Brother had HDFC card, so got 1k discount, got both items for 14.5k.

Gigabyte G24F a newly launched monitor from gigabyte is available in India for 16k
Its a true 8bit ips panel good for both productivity and gaming
great screen brightness and contrast ratio
and come with 3+2 year warranty as you prefer

Indian Retailer

Back