Best denim jeans for under 2K?

gforce

Adept
I am looking for a new pair of jeans. However, I'm not one of those uber trendy persons who like the wear the most expensive pair in town so I don't have a lot of money to spend on them. I just can't stomach paying 5K for a pair of jeans that may or may not fit my wardrobe a couple of years down the line.

I want something with a pretty "normal" look, i.e. no holes, marks, crazy drawings, jeans that look 10 years old etc. just a normal dark stone wash, something that'd look good at the office and the club. You get the point.

I am a big fan of Levis for their durability but my God I was shocked to see the appalling quality of their jeans (505). The fabric was like a trouser and there was barely any "heavyness" to it. The zipper was very flimsy and the hem (or whatever you call it) was practically non-existent. Most other series had jeans that were completely faded. I had gone there wearing a Levis and came out having a new found appreciation for my old pair. Sure I haven't bought any jeans in the past 1-2 years but if this is what Levis are striving for, I think my money is better spent elsewhere.

I'm guessing there are a lot of fans of good quality durable jeans on here. Anyone care to recommend a good brand? I've checked out some "supposedly" international brands like Cantabil, Koutons etc but they're quite crap.

stalker said:
Levi's Button Fly 501's.

My pairs have lasted 3 & 4 years respectively.

Levis of old ≠ the new Levis. I have 4 pairs of Levis that I've been wearing almost every day for the past 2-4 years and they look great.

Plus, the new 501s cost anywhere from 5K-6K and that's beyond my budget.

gforce said:
Levis of old ≠ the new Levis. I have 4 pairs of Levis that I've been wearing almost every day for the past 2-4 years and they look great.

Plus, the new 501s cost anywhere from 5K-6K and that's beyond my budget.

501's aren't that pricey mate.I got one for 3.5K when i was in India.Try UCB they also have decent collection.

+1000 to the above suggestion for less than 2k you can pick up the levis 501 i have 4 pairs of levis 501 and they are the most comfortable jeans i have ever owned.

if you are looking for something slightly more baggy try the levis L518 which is low waist or if you prefer the mid waist version try levis 511.

alternatively you could go for the L517 or L530 if you prefer bootcut.

all these pairs would cost you between 1200--2000rs for normal shades and basic washes.

go to a factory outlet to get cheap pairs of 501's . levis is having a 30--40% flat sale in its retail outlets-get a pair cheap there.

I prefer the 505s over the 501s. Button flys are just not my thing. Are 501s made of better material than the rest of the range?

The new Pepe range is also very good, especially the ones that have lyrca mixed with it. It fits well and is very comfortable and doesn't have the fade or fancy non-sense stuff!

With the lyrca make sure you buy one that fits perfectly as it will get loose as you use it.

Try finding a Levis in 2k. Nothing like it. :D

It's a bit difficult to find Levis under 2k. 2k is the starting range. :( That is why I have to look into other brands every time.

i like LEE, personally i found the fit better suited to me than levis, and they took a bit logner to start tearing at the bottom, compared to levis :p

French Connection have / had(not sure) denim's on sale under 2k (new one's around 3.5 - 4k )a few days back .. have a look .. they have some decent designs .

viralbug said:
Try finding a Levis in 2k. Nothing like it. :D

It's a bit difficult to find Levis under 2k. 2k is the starting range. :( That is why I have to look into other brands every time.

True that! :p

Antidote said:
buy levis during their sale.theres nothing better.

Have you seen the stuff they offer at a discounted prices during a sale? I have and it wasn't worth considering. The really good ones are pricey and come with a max discount of 5-10%.

Nothing like Levis. But for their sales they offer only max 20% on their denims.

There is a Levis sale going on in Cochin. Its written upto 50% off but only 10% for denims.

I got my pair of 501s for 1800 bucks brand new recently. They had a 50% off for a while and it was a bloody good deal. Compared to the others (505,531,511,517) plus a bunch of Lees and Pepes that I have, it fits nicer, is more comfy and probably will outlast them.

The only ones significantly better are the UCBs but they cost a bomb.

Levi's quality of late has been pretty bad. I have 4 Levis & each has some or the other issue.
Lee, Wrangler, Benetton, pepe are good. Wrangler lasts the most, pepe the least.
Good news is tha tall brands are on sale, upto 50% off.Period.
FCUK, Tommy, CK, Gas, CK, Guess, etc. are designer brands. Cuts & fits are better but they are pricier also. When on sale, its a different story!

Lee Pepe Wrangler. Every tom/dick/harry wears a Levis these days. Wrangler will last forever, pepe is great fitting.

Back