Best denim jeans for under 2K?

If you want cheap good quality jeans for casual/daily wear ,try Pantaloons as well .I recently picked up 2 X BARE plain straight fit & mid rise denims for just 1299. ie .650 bucks each :) Fit and Quality is good enough and should easily last 2 yrs .

I picked up 2 pairs of Levi's (Dark- stone and regular) some months back on an emergency basis as all my old jeans had worn out and my formal cotton trousers were getting worn out due to regular use.

I was buying jeans after a very long time and wasn't sure what waist and fit in which brand would suit me as my lower body is all out of proportion now.

I went to some malls and wasted a lot of time and energy trying some and finally realised that all brands sell sh1t now. :(

Plus they will stock mostly faded or funky ones and waist sizes upto 38 or max 40 and all blatantly lied saying bigger sizes not manufactured anymore.

Whereas i clearly remember having seen 42" and 44" on bottom racks when i used to shop for 36" around 8 years back.

I missed the Levi's Diwali sale by a day as i was fed up of looking and totally not sure i would find something my size and liking after having looked at so many multi-brand places.

But still managed to get 2 entry-level Red Tab ones for a lit less than 4K iirc- from the Levi's Linking Road store when i decided to give it one last shot and didn't even have any money on me and my friend paid for me.

But not only did i find quite many fits and finishes but also plus sizes(limited options in fit and finish though or aybe as it was at the end of a festive sale).

The staff was quite cordial too.

Levi's was ok till 8 yrs back; Pepe was good till 5 yrs back; Wrangler was good when most n00bies hardly knew about it except for those who saw advts in glossies and it wasn't officially available in the country.

Was used to boot cuts more and the Levi's silver tab is one of the best i had owned.

Levi's Orange tab was a scam; Lee was the poor man's Levi's; Newport was a gunny bag split into 2; Bare was really very good when newly in competition; Killer was ok till it didn't think of itself as Levi's or Pepe and priced accordingly. :p

Pepe used to have a softer fabric too without compromising on thickness or longetivity.

I am like an old cowboy or war veteran- Jeans to me is blue- regular blue, neither too dark nor too light.

If they look faded or tattered is coz i have grown older in them- that is jeans to me.

The waist band has to be thick like a belt, the fabric thick, heavy but smooth- good enough to fool you into thinking that's all the protection one needs before they go riding. :p

The next shopping is gonna be another nerve-wracking experience for sure. :(

Denim in India is no more the weight and ply it used to be- my older wrinkle-free cotton trousers seem better in every way. :(

^^ lol wise words from the grand ol daddy of jeans shoppers! :p

Anyways, I picked up three pairs last night - 2 Levis 505s and a Red Tape RTD21 straight fit. There was a special promo on at both stores and the Red Tape was pretty darn cheap at 800 bucks.

Does anyone really know, whats the actual cost of a good pair of jeans.

I read in some business mag that most of the brands like levis, pepe etc buy the jeans from arvind mills very cheap put on their logos and inflate the price.

Personally I feel, the Levi brand in India is way to over priced. The best suggestion, would be to go into something like Shoppers Stop, and check out all the brands. A Levis button fly is around 4K. Way to expensive -- at least for me. Since I cannot wear jeans at office. Only 2 days a week, to much investment. Stuff which is reasonable: Numerono, Flying Machine, Lee, Lee Cooper. Slightly better pricing than Levis. Even the rivets and seams are not so nice on Levis. Plus I have a thin waist. Ya at 32 I wear 28". It is impossible to get a nice fit. But like Bikenstein said...I am too old school. I like the cowboy fit. Fitting waist, narrow flares, and a bit tight. Not skin tight. That is pansy.

I have lots of denims from Levis, Lee & Wrangler but recently I got myself a pair from Debenhams (John Rocha). Fabulous fabric & fit.

I must add that they costed me 4k , but were well worth the cost

With 2k as a budget , look at Wrangler . The washes provided by wrangler are unparalleled, & yes when it comes to fit Levis is second to none.

Levis Quality nowadays is absolutely CRAP... All my 3 pairs got holes in it without any reason.. I bought them last year only... Worst happened to this black pair which got 8-9 holes on it...:mad:

I prefer Spyker now since its cheaper.. feel & fit is great... This year I haven't bought any new pair yet but will get some in coming months...

LEVIS is out of the question.. I had ~10-12 pairs in last 8 years & earlier ones are still quite good...

HailStonE said:
Levis Quality nowadays is absolutely CRAP... All my 3 pairs got holes in it without any reason.. I bought them last year only... Worst happened to this black pair which got 8-9 holes on it...:mad:

and i thought i happened only to me. torn from many places only in first month of use. :ashamed:
aggressive marketing degrading quality.

i don't know about you guys, but anyone came across this thing.. those rubbery stretchable jeans? they don't last for weeks... pure paisa waste on those thing..... but may be also i have huge legs. the inner side brush against each other and get torn........ anyone here have the same problems?

got 3 pairs of Lee jeans for 900rs - 2x basic light denim blue wash,1x slightly darker blue with some faded areas near the knees and the pockets . chose waist 34 and comfort fit--since my waist size is 32 and i can wear them as slightly baggy low waist jeans.they do fit well and are comfortable and the material is very good-its Lee.

900rs for 3 pairs of original Lee!!! i bought them from the arvind mills outlet @ the arvind mills factory in Naroda in Ahmedabad.they were surplus stocks and not the defective factory seconds.

for the localites its in the arvind mills compound and the first floor of the building behind the main entrance.rickshaw fare from NID paldi to the arvind mills factory at naroda is 40rs.

Try ebay.com.

You will need to pay the shipping and it might cost about 500-1000 bucks for just that besides 3-5 weeks or so to arrive, but you will be able to get brands such as Tommy, Calvin , Guess etc if you can spare 3-4k.

For 2k or so you can get some average brands over there but normally getting a 2k jeans may not be a very good deal, not unless you make it 2.5-3k.

You can go for Levis.

Go to the show room, give preference to 501s, imported denim and other good fabric. You get some good jeans for this price. :)

And stay away for poor quality fabric like a lot of India Levis including 517s.

^ Most of the so called CK's , Guess on ebay are fakes .. better of getting them from retail stores ... FcUK start @ 3k + and Ck @ 5k+ ..

Anyway OP already got his pair ;)

Back