Car & Bike Best diesel car under 11lakhs

So, looking for a diesel sedan..

Average is a key factor along with good interiors(futuristic) and exteriors , need it for long journeys. I have shortlisted some cars. Which one is best for me:

1) VW Vento

2) Ford Fiesta

3) Hyundia Verna

4) Skoda Rapid

Any other, please suggest,

P.S. - I am not much towards VW because though the engine is good, everything else is not upto the mark.

check out team-bhp about an incident in pune where a diesel vento went up in flames killing the driver.

just wanted to let you know.

apart from this are you looking purely for a sedan?

check out team-bhp about an incident in pune where a diesel vento went up in flames killing the driver.

yes, i am looking purely for a sedan or a coupe sedan like verna...no SUV's, MUV or Like Innova's....

I really feel that was a one off.

German Quality when it comes to cars is still unmatched.

So, looking for a diesel sedan..

Average is a key factor along with good interiors(futuristic) and exteriors , need it for long journeys. I have shortlisted some cars. Which one is best for me:

1) VW Vento

2) Ford Fiesta

3) Hyundia Verna

4) Skoda Rapid

Any other, please suggest,

P.S. - I am not much towards VW because though the engine is good, everything else is not upto the mark.

For the cars you have mentioned, I would put them in this order.
  1. Skoda Rapid
  2. VW Vento
  3. Hyundai Verna
  4. Ford Fiesta

Sadly exteriors and interiors take priority so there is not much choice besides Verna. Mileage given by all would be +-1kpl.

Nonetheless, maybe you should read the following, or anyone who wants to buy a diesel car in that range.

Skoda Rapid is somehow better than the Vento, or so the reviewers and other people tell me. Vento has the better design though, very classic and timeless.

I am not sure if Rapid Highline and Vento Highline have the same equipment (Due to the change in features of Vento Highline)

They are twin sisters which have their own identity. You couldn't go wrong with either of them.

That said, there are a lot of Skoda A.S.S. horror stories flying around and the Vento car fire did not help its cause.

Hyundai Verna is more feature packed than most cars available to the average buyer and it looks brilliant, but when its engine or comfort were not to my liking. Vento/Skoda diesel engines' felt nothing like a diesel engine, very refined too. It also wins brownie points on the service network size. be advised though, the waiting period is going to pretty high.

The new fiesta has nothing but ruined the image of its predecessor. The seats are too hard, the ride is too stiff, the engine is underwhelming. There are enough buttons on the dashboard that there are chances you never find the button you are looking for and have an accident. Ford service is also nothing to shout about. The looks are just plain weird.

(PS: Out of these I have test driven the Vento and Verna, rest is based on personal input from others.)

Now the things you missed.
  1. Nissan Sunny
  2. Fiat Linea
  3. Optra Magnum

If I consider these too, then Linea is the winner.

Sunny is new, spacious, looks good from the outside, but quality is not that brilliant, gets defeated in feature comparison and the service network is too small.

Optra is old, very old. It belongs to a different segment but do not expect any bells and whistles or even admiration or awe when you look at it. If you are a very practical/rational sort of a person, this car is for you.

Linea on the other hand I have personally owned. It looks good in and out. Seats are comfortable and supportive. The variants have good number of features too. The things against it are a problem in rear leg room (I do not know what people are on about because I have never heard a sound from my friends about it and they are the type who would grill me if they didn't like it), A.S.S. is handled by TATA (its not all bad though) and very few parts might feel cheap, and engine is a bit above average and its at the tail end when it comes to power.

Hope it helps.

Linea is a winner in my eyes.

It is the sturdiest of all the cars. My friend who owns both Linea and city jokes that the door of the Linea alone weighs equal to the whole of city. He had a sideways collision with an Accord once and swears by the build quality of the Linea. The accord rammed into one of the doors of his Linea at around 40 kmph but they were unscathed. Even the airbags didn't deploy.

Plus if I am right, the diesel engine of the Linea is very good too, both in terms of refinement and mileage.

heard that that tuning of linea for its engine is the worst.

put the same engine in another car u get brilliant performance out of it.

for what its worth i suggest a honda city and used the money saved to buy petrol
<

Nissan sunny caaaaaaar.same diesel engine as Logan but tuned for more power.proven efficiency and reliability. Check out the caaaaaar at a dealership. Fully loaded with airbags and ABS, its the best deal and most efficient!!

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Perfectly put by someone:

For the cars you have mentioned, I would put them in this order.
  • Skoda Rapid
  • VW Vento
  • Hyundai Verna
  • Ford Fiesta

They are in that very order, overall...

The Vento and the rapid is nearly the same package, but the Rapid is cheaper....just a different badge and hopefully the VW people treat you better at A.S.S. I hate my skoda mechs..she has not seen the skoda workshop for a while cause they are simply rip offs....I like my local mech now, he does everything.

I would take the Vento over the rapid, just cause I have been a Skloda customer and I hate their A.S.S.= After Sales Service!

The cruz is better than all 4 mentioned above!! but also about a lac or more higher.....

Skoda Rapid is a great looking car and a good package. verna would certainly be trouble free but doesnt look like a 11 Lac car !

You have considered the most relevant options, maybe you can give a dekko to the Nissan Sunny !

I haven't seen a Rapid on the roads till date! Is this car officially out yet? Or are the preorders being processed?

I have seen many rapids in mumbai atleast.

Go around auto forums you might see more of them.

Sunny diesel Has more than 5 months waiting period while the verna has about 8 months waiting period.

Back