Best Digicam of the lot !?

well when i had my first sony H1 camera it didnt have optical zoom in movies which was realy a pain,when i took it to the airshow,missed a lot u just can cover 2 aircrafts or choppers doing a split manuaver and whole lot if other manuavers.so trust me u will miss it a lot.otheriwise the FZ8 is one fine camera.

Not sure about class 4 or Class 6 price and availabilty.
But those available at jjmehta are class 2 for 500/- and 1000/- at 2gb and 4gb respt. so expect them 100/- less in local stores.
thetoxicmind said:
SDHC Class 4 or Class 6? And what about Sandisk's Ultra 2,ultra 3 ,extreme 3 cards?
Current prices for 2gb/4gb capacity?

adder said:
well when i had my first sony H1 camera it didnt have optical zoom in movies which was realy a pain,when i took it to the airshow,missed a lot u just can cover 2 aircrafts or choppers doing a split manuaver and whole lot if other manuavers.so trust me u will miss it a lot.otheriwise the FZ8 is one fine camera.

What about the digital zoom? Didn't that help one bit!?
Moreover you ought have taken a camcorder for something as spectacular as an airshow !

47Shailesh said:
Not sure about class 4 or Class 6 price and availabilty.
But those available at jjmehta are class 2 for 500/- and 1000/- at 2gb and 4gb respt. so expect them 100/- less in local stores.

In the price list,there's just the 4GB SDHC(CLASS 2:( ) for Rs.999 !

thetoxicmind said:
What about the digital zoom? Didn't that help one bit!?
Moreover you ought have taken a camcorder for something as spectacular as an airshow !

well digital zoom is of no use,since the aircrafts were flying quite high u will need a good optical zoom,and unlike in still images where the pixels are more like in my H1 case 5mp ,the video has a resolution of just 640x480 so unless u zoom pretty long,u cant see the aircraft,so it was always set to the maximum zoom level.but when two or more aircrafts are going to a manuaver u will need to zoom out,to capture them.
i realy dont want to carry another device like camcorder since videos was secondary for me,i just wanted to capture the MIG 29OVT and SU30MKI jaw dropping manuavers.

adder said:
well digital zoom is of no use,since the aircrafts were flying quite high u will need a good optical zoom,and unlike in still images where the pixels are more like in my H1 case 5mp ,the video has a resolution of just 640x480 so unless u zoom pretty long,u cant see the aircraft,so it was always set to the maximum zoom level.but when two or more aircrafts are going to a manuaver u will need to zoom out,to capture them.

i realy dont want to carry another device like camcorder since videos was secondary for me,i just wanted to capture the MIG 29OVT and SU30MKI jaw dropping manuavers.

So what camera do you have now??? Does it have optical zoom in vids?

thetoxicmind said:
So what camera do you have now??? Does it have optical zoom in vids?

well i had a sony h5(bought it from my friend who migrated to DSLR) which i used for 1 and half years and yes it has optical zoom in videos,i again sold it a few weeks back and will have to buy a better camera like the canon sx1is or fuji s100s or even a dslr for the upcoming bangalore 2009 airshow,in 2007 airshow i used the sony h1 which could not zoom in videos.and in 2004,2000,1998 airshows used a nikon film camera which i still have.

adder said:
well i had a sony h5(bought it from my friend who migrated to DSLR) which i used for 1 and half years and yes it has optical zoom in videos,i again sold it a few weeks back and will have to buy a better camera like the canon sx1is or fuji s100s or even a dslr for the upcoming bangalore 2009 airshow,in 2007 airshow i used the sony h1 which could not zoom in videos.and in 2004,2000,1998 airshows used a nikon film camera which i still have.

Damn,this really sucks...

when i find a really good cam(12x,manual cntrls,raw) for a decent price,it ends up missin on certain feature i might need...

wondering if the fz8's 4x digi zoom will be enough for vid rec..

guess i have to have a reality check of my priorities and take the ultimate decision b/w the FZ8 & TZ4 !

Just get the 4 GB Sandisk SDHC Ultra card for 1299 (should be approx 1100 on the street). 4 GB is more that you can ever use. But you should remember, that this camera will not be pocket able. With the TZ11 you can slide it into your pant pocket.

BF1983 said:
But you should remember, that this camera will not be pocket able. With the TZ11 you can slide it into your pant pocket.

Now that you mentioned it..

They don't seem to know about the availability of the FZ8(its mentioned in their damn web!:mad: ) and can't guarantee same day delivery whereas the FZ11 is in stock !

Anyways,he has arranged for me to check out the TZ11 & FZ8(if possible:no: ) tomorrow..

Now the fz8's availability prob & the lure of the WIDE ANGLE lens have changed my mind:ashamed: yet again ,for the better i guess!

FZ11 for 14,990 (All inc. + Pouch + 1GB card):hap2:

Will be buying it on the 7th !

BF1983 said:
Just get the 4 GB Sandisk SDHC Ultra card for 1299 (should be approx 1100 on the street). 4 GB is more that you can ever use.

Yeah,I asked the guy about the SDHC card.He said the Sandisk 4GB SDHC costs 900 bucks ! Dunno if it's ultra 2...

Apparently,the camera ships with a 1 GB SD card..

why don't you get
Verbatim 4GB SD 60x Card SDHC Class 6 - 550 Rs Shipped from our
200mph
thetoxicmind said:
the Sandisk 4GB SDHC costs 900 bucks ! Dunno if it's ultra 2...

Apparently,the camera ships with a 1 gb SD card..

FINALLY GOT MY TZ11 !!!

thnx all..

Bought it at Shetala Camera,Annanagar Branch for Rs.14,900 ALL INC. !

Got a Panasonic Pouch,Panasonic 1GB Class2 SD card & a rather nice Panasonic desktop phone(scratch n win offer!) too..

Camera is pretty impressive !

You made up your mind ???? Never thought that was going to happen ! j/k

Enjoy the camera. Start clicking pictures and post them in the Photography section.

Back