Best Digicam of the lot !?

b_naresh said:
And finally, I'm a noob at photography so be gentle please.

No way ! We are going to pass some really pathetic comments on ALL the pictures you post and you will feel you are the worst photographer on earth ! :tongue:

Oh and so as we dont drift off topic, here are a few sample pics taken with the Panasonic TZ4.

Steves Digicams - Panasonic DMC-TZ4 Digital Camera - Hands on Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4 Digital Camera Sample Photos and Specifications

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4 Review

b_naresh said:
^^I'll try to take some shots and post them this weekend (I'm at home only during weekends). Which site do I upload pics to? I have a picasa account but I see a lot of guys on flickr. What are the differences between the 2? My internet connection is just 256kbps and the upload speeds would be even worse.
And finally, I'm a noob at photography so be gentle please.

Since you have an account @ Flickr,create an album called 'tz4 sample pics/test shots' and UPLOAD them there...

And do set it on 'iA' mode for fully automatic shooting...

Main preference is towards shots taken in poor/low light conditions..

Do mention if you experienced any performance/usage related issues while using the camera.

TIA !

And FYI, 256kbps is good enough..very large images can be resized using Photoshop or other image editing software..

BF1983 said:
No way ! We are going to pass some really pathetic comments on ALL the pictures you post and you will feel you are the worst photographer on earth ! :tongue:

Oh and so as we dont drift off topic, here are a few sample pics taken with the Panasonic TZ4.

Steves Digicams - Panasonic DMC-TZ4 Digital Camera - Hands on Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4 Digital Camera Sample Photos and Specifications

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4 Review

99627736.Obi3939r.jpg

^^^ Now this doesn't look that promising..

Almost have my mind set on the TZ4 now...

Now for finding a suitable shop and getting the best price! :huh:

Night shots. View from my window:
2989036959_dace119639_b.jpg

Night scenery mode, shutter speed = 2.5 seconds, ISO-100

2989040751_93cb0b9913_b.jpg

Auto mode, shutter speed = 0.77 seconds, ISO-400

Tripod was used for both shots due to slow shutter speeds. For auto mode, I had set min shutter speed to 1 second. For night scenery mode, just point and shoot as this mode has minimum shutter speed of 8 seconds and adjustment is not available. Intelligent auto did not work, it was flashing "backlight" warning :S

i have a tz15...i was going through the same dilemma when buying the camera. tz15 or canon sx100 . i finally decided to go for the tz15 coz its more compact and the wide angle is really really useful. any questions regarding the cam?

lavinachtani said:
i have a tz15...i was going through the same dilemma when buying the camera. tz15 or canon sx100 . i finally decided to go for the tz15 coz its more compact and the wide angle is really really useful. any questions regarding the cam?

well,for starters,how much did you get it for???
Any idea about the grey market price?
Any performance issues??
Night shot performance? Image noise? etc..

@b_naresh

Thought you were gonna upload a few shots to picasa?
anywys thnx for the night shots..looks ok to me.

And i've read that it takes for ever to focus when fully zoomed?

^^ That is pretty common to most if not all super zooms. However that is a problem in low light and I can assure you that you will hardly use the long end of the zoom. The picture quality at full zoom will be not so good as the image will be quite soft.

BF1983 said:
^^ That is pretty common to most if not all super zooms. However that is a problem in low light and I can assure you that you will hardly use the long end of the zoom. The picture quality at full zoom will be not so good as the image will be quite soft.

Oh aight..

Any idea about the grey market price of the TZ4 & TZ5 ???

thetoxicmind said:
I notice a slight loss of focus in the very centre of the first image..
Btw,thnx for the pics...

Yup, that's because the focus range is very narrow in a macro and the lens was tilted - too close to the top and a bit away from the bottom. So, the bottom part is in focus and the top part slightly off-focus. Maybe I could have moved away a bit and kept the lens straighter but I wanted to get as close as possible with the lens at 28mm only.

b_naresh said:
Yup, that's because the focus range is very narrow in a macro and the lens was tilted - too close to the top and a bit away from the bottom. So, the bottom part is in focus and the top part slightly off-focus. Maybe I could have moved away a bit and kept the lens straighter but I wanted to get as close as possible with the lens at 28mm only.

In Macro mode,the closest is 5cm ! as opposed to the sx110's 1cm...

I was just going through the SHETALA CAMERAS WEBSITE,checking on the prices when i saw this !!!!

Panasonic DMC-FZ8

MRP Rs. 14,990.00

Our Price: Rs. 12,700.00:O WTH!?

7.38mp,12x opti,RAW shooting,Manual controls !

Shetala :: Products

I might as well buy this over the TZ11 OR TZ15 , right!?

thetoxicmind said:
I was just going through the SHETALA CAMERAS checking on the prices when i saw this !!!!

Panasonic DMC-FZ8
MRP Rs. 14,990.00
Our Price: Rs. 12,700.00:O WTH!?

Shetala :: Products

I might as well buy this over the TZ11 OR TZ15 , right!?

well one problem is the FZ8 cannot zoom in movies.also the prices mentioned are without vat and shipping which comes to 14487.

adder said:
well one problem is the FZ8 cannot zoom in movies.also the prices mentioned are without vat and shipping which comes to 14487.

So do most other cameras..(except the tz5,but it is quite slow!)

Happy with a digital zoom for movie rec.!

Shipping! lol. the shop is about 5kms from ma place..

Yes even with VAT included it comes to only 14.2k !!!!!!!! :hap2:

whereas the tz11 comes to 15.3k !

And i've just been checking out sample images at Flickr and they look swEEt !

Probably go check it out tomorrow in person!

Guess,my search for an almost perfect digicam is over !!!

Thnx All..

BTW,what type(model) of memory card should i buy and what's the lowest price i can get it for??

Brands Pref. : Sandisk , Kingston

Capacity: 2GB/4GB

Cam Supports: SD , SDHC , MMC...

Thnx.

47Shailesh said:
Go for SDHC card atleast 4GB, they have fast saving and retrieving speeds over SD.

SDHC Class 4 or Class 6? And what about Sandisk's Ultra 2,ultra 3 ,extreme 3 cards?

Current prices for 2gb/4gb capacity?

Back