Video Best dth connection

raxy

Disciple
I want to watch football and ten action is not available on local cable, please suggest the best digital connection along with their plans. My house has 3 TVs can i run all in one connection?

Hi , u have to make this topic in the consumer electronics -> dth forum ,

I cant recommend u the best plans ,but pricing of airtel is cheaper then tata sky , service wise i personally feel tata sky is better , Dish tv dont have much idea but airtel and tata sky is supposed to be better then dish tv/sun tv unless you are buying it for regional packages ,

You cannot run all 3 tvs from a single connection AFAIK , say u connect to two tv sets 1 using hdmi and another using AV out (should work mostly not sure) , u wil have to watch the same channels on both as both are controlled by single set top box , you wil need 3 seperate set top boxes , i think tata sky has special plans for multi set-top box buyers not sure just enquire with the CC

tata sky anyday spend if u have to a big extra for 1st time but later on u will be happy because tata sky is way better than rest of dth in service

Tata sky is the best. Dont know cost wise which is cheaper. But content wise TS is best. 6HD channels. Other DTH providers are advertising upscaled content as HD. Ten Action is also present at Rs20/month.

You need to get separate settop box for seperate TVs. I think they will give a discount for 2nd connection.

And mods move this thread to proper section

@tron05

they are up scaling the channels. Most of the channels will be in 1080i and not in true HD which is 1080p.
@raxy

If uou have HD tv then go for TATASKY HD and if you want recording also then TATASKY HD+ . You can check for further details on their website.
The customer care is helpful and prompt and also during rainy season, one doesnt get disruption in channel quality or signal loss.

They have the best picture quality, sound and user interface. So i suggest Tatasky.

I personally have 4 tatasky connections in my home. 2 HD with recorder and one with recorder and one simple one.

@prakhar

All the TV channels in HD will be either 720p or 1080i and not 1080p, it will be far too expensive for them to broadcast in 1080p over the satellite.

@raxy

I have both the Tata Sky HD and Airtel HD connections at home. Airtel picture quality is better that Tata Sky but Tata Sky bests Airtel on all other aspects :

- Excellent customer service

- All in one annual plan includes ALL channels added in the year

- Airtel makes you buy ala carte

- Online/mobile ordering for movies and adding channels in Airtel is a mess, Tata Sky is smooth

- Installation team of Tata Sky much more professional and as per international standards

- Tata Sky STBs and remotes much better looking in my opinion

- User interface of Tata Sky also better in my opinion

cheers.

think123 said:
i have general query regarding dth do all dth face problem in rain and do they shutdown transmission in heavy rain etc?

as far as my experience from 4 yrs with tatsky reliance and airtel. rains is not an issue due dark cloud ruin the game everytime. reliance work best for me all the times during bad climate and airtel is pure failtel. tatasky if fine

also can any one suggest which is best dth at present tata sky,d2h,airtel,reliance in terms of pricing and picture quality?

which is better going for dth or local cable settop box?

will there be any difference in pic. quality b/w sd box and hd box while viewing the same sd channel on both?

is there any benefit of using hd stb over sd stb if not watching hd channels?

Back