BEST F1 Game Ever Formula 1 fans Rejoice F1 2010 is here

^ Couldn't have expected better of Codemasters.Sims don't have a mass appeal, so you don't even have to play the game to guess that it would be arcadish, with a few sim elements thrown in here and there (like GRID) :lol:

I think their game engine is suited best to the simulation of movements of proper cars..

the big disappointment is the standard layout of the time displays like NFS/Grid/Dirt etc.. i wish they had the real world TV style layouts of the times.. i find it annoying to shift gaze to the times at the top of the screen every time to see the time/sector/lap improvements

dinjo said:
How is the car handling ? Like Dirt or NFS ? I mean Arcade or Sim ?
very very arcadish if you ask me, seriousl very, the handing is way way easier than GRID, and we all know handling an F1 car can never be easier than handing normal cars.

in previews and rain gameplay video,the game looked very good

but now when you look at the whole thing,the game is very bland

really hoping Sony takes back the F1 licensing and then sell it on GT6 & GT7

it will be expensive and not profitable for sony but i really want the realistic feel of GT games in F1 games

nice game, definitely worth the wait since F1CE.

this is the first F1 from codeM, lets wait for next game, i'm sure they'll take the benchmark to next level, again.

they could have made the HUD a bit more nice & also get rid of the dirt2 like menu & do something original just for F1. :D

guys i need help..

i installed the game and then applied the no dvd crack for it from gamecopyworld.. but every time i try to start the game, nothing happens! how do i get it to work ?? :(

Haddock said:
nice game, definitely worth the wait since F1CE.

this is the first F1 from codeM, lets wait for next game, i'm sure they'll take the benchmark to next level, again.

they could have made the HUD a bit more nice & also get rid of the dirt2 like menu & do something original just for F1. :D
in the racing games space,the benchmark is going to be set this november

and it wouldn't be lifted anytime soon

Guys,

There is a big thread going on at Codemasters forum regd CPU cars posting phoney times. Read here. Any of you guys got this issue?

Also, I've been reading a LOT about issues like cpu cars becoming ghost cars in the pit lane, the pit engineer not letting the player back on track until ALL cpu cars have left etc...

I'm interested in this game, but dont want to buy it with all these issues. Right now, I'm thinking about waiting for a good deal on Steam.

AI cars are an issue right now.

about the "pit engineer not letting the player back on track ", pit a lap early or later than the planned stop.

so far i went to pits 2 laps later & didnt face this.

but in qualy, i faced it, i ad to leave as last person in Q2 :D

if you're into online Multi-Player aspect, then this is a must buy :D

with the "rules" so tight, the noobs cant really ruin your sessions

Just got the game yesterday, took a lot of time for installation (i donno why), kept the settings to 1280x960 since i am using the XFX 7600GS card. Was so delighted to see the way they start the user profile with an interview, team and such.

Did start the career for 7 years and with Lotus has my team, just started playing practise session 1. The way the game is done i feel it as very good :)

Will keep updating how i feel about the game :) Till then Enjoy racing.....

Haddock said:
if you're into online Multi-Player aspect, then this is a must buy :D

with the "rules" so tight, the noobs cant really ruin your sessions
Well, will have to actually try out multiplayer. I'm not a big fan though. With my shitty connection, usage of keyboard and my serious lack of skills :), I used to get creamed in Grid and Dirt 2. I absolutely enjoyed the single player in those games though.

Excellent game. I actually did face the pit issue where you're not allowed outside until the CPU cars in line aren't out but its a very minor niggle in front of what in my opinion is a very well made game!

And I actually played a long race weekend with 58 laps without a controller..my fingers hurt but this shit is worth it, lol.

Haddock said:
NFS HP? or GT5?

if GT5, PS3 exclusive, so it cant be considered as a benchmark.

if NFS, lets wait & see :p
NFS is arcady

GT5 is simulator

and GT5 will certainly set the benchmark is racing genre and the graphics category(on consoles),just because it isn't coming to other platform doesn't mean it doesn't set the benchmark

if it is the best of its time then it is considered to set the benchmark

I wasn't allowed to get out of pits. They took 20 sec to refuel my car. I lost the Spanish GP coz of the pit crew. Damn them :). But overall its a good game. I am finding monaco gp quite tough.

swordfish123 said:
I wasn't allowed to get out of pits. They took 20 sec to refuel my car. I lost the Spanish GP coz of the pit crew. Damn them :). But overall its a good game. I am finding monaco gp quite tough.
about the "pit engineer not letting the player back on track ", pit a lap early or later than the planned stop.

so far i went to pits 2 laps later & didnt face this.
pita lap early or later :D

some more info could have been displayed on the HUD. I am leading the race when entering the pit. Sometimes come out at the end having no idea if other drivers have gone to the pits or not. The display should have been like the one they show on F1

Back