Budget 0-20k Best high-wattage PSU under 9k?

Checked again your requirements, I won't recommend 750W, atleast 850W or above.
How about Antec HCG 850 Gold 80 Plus ? available for 10.5k at MD
don't be a miser spend 1-2k more for better overall performance and 10yr warranty.
It's not about being a miser - my initial budget was just 6k for a used 750-850W PSU, but looking at the market condition and prices I decided to increase it to 9k. Would really like to keep budget in check since I already blew up some money on an amp, plus this is work pc so can't delay purchasing much further. Ideally I would have waited a month or so and bought a good 1000W PSU for 14-16k, but that is unfortunately not possible. Thanks for the advice though, I generally do follow the rule of spending a bit more and getting a quality product than cheaping out on stuff, has actually saved money :)
Looks good, check if the warranty is 3y or 5y before buying
Yea I think I will mostly go for this, and warranty is indeed 5yrs - plus same OEM as the Corsair RMx series (CWT), and from comparing internal components (from here), it is using more or less the same components, just that there is a difference in no of units such as using 2 capacitors vs 1, using 4 Y-caps instead of 2 and so on, using 8 mosfets instead of 6 etc respectively for the RM850x and DA850. Looking at RM850x reviews, it already seems to be pretty overbuilt, and hopefully the Silverstone one would do well on this basis. Plus I prefer this thanks to it being a non-Seasonic OEM (and the CWT-based RM850x still being recommended over Seasonic OEM units even today by jonny guru). Will hopefully order within the next few days. Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it!

Last edited:
the beauty of corsair in india is that is stable and here to stay ,other brands idk claiming a warranty could be PITA , ask seasonic users there was one vendor which used to even sell superflower PSUs but than not worth the hassle.

One could even argue that i see many corsair sealed pack rma part being sold on the forum. My response would be look corsair is honoring the warranty and providing RMA. So if corsair goes kaput so will other psu which are present on same platform but bit underspecd.

One should always get well speced mobo and PSU . rams processors(amd AM4 platform) hdd are replaceable . so there you can cut corners upgrade later

We might also see onset of ATX12VO of power supply , i hope intel and AMD push this in their next major release.

Interesting. I stopped PSU research since Antec HCG (OOS now anyway) is like the go-to. I was aware of the Chinese versions of Antec EAG that were floating around, which can be identified with by the fan grill.
But since we're in 2021, safe to assume the issues with HCG is fixed? It looks like they are using the Seasonic Focus GM/GX platform now (pg 7 of that LTT thread).
XPG Core Reactor is Tier A so should be fine but read a few posts that indicated it comes with a 2-pin plug. @aaryan150102 was planning to buy this. If he's active, he could chime in.
NZXT C also uses the same Seasonic platform as Antec. It should be the new platform since there's no [1] next to it on the tier list and was launched in 2020 I believe.

Edit: After searching a little more on LTT. NZXT C series is a rebranded Seasonic Focus GX, so this is all good. Some say XPG Core is better than this Seasonic, but haven't checked much since it's pricey.
Though, I can understand being hesitant about HCG because you have one of mentioned cards and it's not outright clear what you get with the HCG. Unless it's old stock it shouldn't be the problematic one I guess. Maybe there's a way to check with the serial number/date of manufacturing, not sure.

Edit 2: For those concerned about HCG - https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/?do=findComment&comment=14161917

Last edited:
I am running one PC with HCG 1000 with a 5600x and a 6800. Another pc has a 3070 oc and a 9700k@5GHz with the same power supply. Both have absolutely zero power issues. The main rig runs a 3090 + 3950x with an antec 1000 signature titanium. Again no trouble whatsoever. All these three are rebadged seasonics. I know @bottle runs an HCG 1000 with a reference 3090 and a 5900x again with zero issues. Vega 64 is a small fly compared to these cards.

Have had zero problems with seasonic built Antecs and I will buy this over anything else.

The only good corsair PSUs are the SFX platinum range. RM series has way too many failures. Even corsair has moved their ax series to seasonic platform from cwt. Says something about what power supply OEM is the best out there. Same with most other companies - Asus, NZXT etc. All use seasonics.

@roofrider and @Chaos, thanks ton for your inputs. Decided to go for Cooler Master V850 V2 SFX PSU since it got a price cut to 12.9k on Amazon (was previously 15k) and have some GCs which bring the price well within my budget at 7.5k (including the card discounts as well). This also has 10yrs warranty, plus I want next build to be sff anyway so this is a pretty nice price.
Thanks to all who helped with this, very grateful.
the beauty of corsair in india is that is stable and here to stay ,other brands idk claiming a warranty could be PITA , ask seasonic users there was one vendor which used to even sell superflower PSUs but than not worth the hassle.

One could even argue that i see many corsair sealed pack rma part being sold on the forum. My response would be look corsair is honoring the warranty and providing RMA.
Well, I would much rather deal with a brand that has low failure rates and slightly worse rma prcodeure (only procideure, not actual rma product) than have a higher chance of getting a product that goes bad sooner or later with a higher certainty than others in the same price class, at least for pc components. Plus PSU is a pretty crucial part of most builds, and taking it out and putting it in is easier said than done. I delayed my CX550 RMA by 2 weeks purely out of laziness since I didn't want to tear up the entire build lol

Anyway, this corsair mentality seems similar to what EVGA seems to be doing for GPUs atm - ride on their brand image, charge top dollar prices for now-inferior products, and still maintain good image thanks to RMA and support. Who knows how much longer this lasts, but it is certainly not a good feeling to know that a company has decided, for whatever reason (cheaper/better/easier whatever) that it's cheapr to keep sending out replacements rather than just increase the quality of product or use less inferior parts (and remember, these brands are already charging a premium so the argument of "more quality = higher price" doesn't work in this context). Btw Cooler Master in India has the same rma backend as Corsair so hopefully the support experience is just as good, if not better, in the unfortunate circumstance that I do end up needing it.

Last edited:
I got a Deepcool dq750m v2l
It works like a charm. Got a good deal.
Bad reviews are overly critical.
There are good reviews too.
If you are on a budget this one or 850w will do good.
Antec hcg 750w gold is another option.

I'm using the same since Dec 2020. Got it when I upgraded to a 2080 from a 1050Ti. Been a puppy since, no noises, no tripping.
Did stress tests on maxing out 2700X and the 2080 both OC'ed netted 600W at the wall (mobo + other peripherals included) for 30 mins.
TBH I even ran it on 60% load for 6 months constantly, no problems whatsoever. Great PSU with 10 years warranty on it.

It works like a charm. Got a good deal.
Bad reviews are overly critical.
There are good reviews too.
If you are on a budget this one or 850w will do good.
Antec hcg 750w gold is another option.
It's a decent psu if you're strictly on a budget if not HCG for little extra money is a better buy

Back