Best IEM under 10k for fun bass listening

Digigear

Disciple
Budget - Under 10,000 INR

Current setup - iPhone 15 + Apple USB-C to 3.5" jack adapter + KZ ZS10 Pro.

Usage - I use it for listening to music on my iPhone 15 via the Apple Music app. So it's Hi-res lossless audio.

Type of music - This Playlist should give a broad sense of what I prefer to listen to -

Tonal preference - I would prefer more bass and also a larger sound stage. I don't like the sound to be too bright or fatiguing. Something natural and smooth with strong bass that is fun to listen to but doesn't tire me out over time. Must be comfortable to wear too.

Past IEMs
1. KZ ZS10 Pro - I'm using this one mainly. It's OK but I would prefer more bass and a more natural sound.
2. 7Hz Salnotes zero - I use this on my PC for gaming. When I use it on my iPhone it sounds dull. I prefer the KZ ZS10 Pro.
3. KZ PR1 - Hated it. I used it wirh a Qudelix 5k DAC on my PC but still it sounded so bad.
4. Tin T2 - got it because of the hype but I hated it. It was nothing special and the connectors got loose on one side and it was uncomfortable to wear. It's why I prefer the KZ type QDC connectors.

I've had other lower end KZ IEMS that are OK to start with. Of the ones I have had I like the KZ ZS10 Pro the most. It's not bad but I'm sure I can get something that is more fun, bassy, detailed and smoother.

I would also like suggestions for iPhone accessories for better listening. Would you recommend a DAC for the iPhone? Or should my current setup work just fine?

I am by no means an audiophile. I'd probably not even notice the subtle differences that audiophiles like to talk about. But I do appreciate some good bass with lots of detail and large soundstage. I do like to listen to some 8D songs from time to time.

Options being considered :-
KZ ZS10 Pro X, KZ Castor, KZ ZEX, KZ ZES.

I'm definitely open to trying something that is outside of KZ. I just don't know enough about what's good.

Have you tried peq? You have a qudelix 5k so should be fairly easy. Eqing down to the harman curve usually improves things.

In my opinion, that's the more effective option that trying a bunch of more flavour of the month kz's.

In my opinion the sony mdr xb55 is the definitive budget bass cannon

Have you tried peq? You have a qudelix 5k so should be fairly easy. Eqing down to the harman curve usually improves things.

In my opinion, that's the more effective option that trying a bunch of more flavour of the month kz's.

In my opinion the sony mdr xb55 is the definitive budget bass cannon
I use the Qudelix for my PC. Can't imagine using it as a portable dac for my iPhone. It's too bulky for wired use. And AAC codec on Bluetooth is not so effective.

I'm wondering if it is worth getting a IFI go link. But it is gonna drain the battery on my phone. So I'm not sure.

Right now I'm thinking of one of the following:-

Kbear rossfinch
QKZ X HBB
Blon Z300

Im leaning heavily towards the Blon Z300 but it's probably gonna require an amp. Maybe I'll just go for the IFI GO LINK after all.

Have you tried peq /autoeq on the qudelix?
A better dac is not going to help bass. You need high output power and low impedance. Try to get an e1da 9038. Bass demands power. If drain is a concern for you, and you don't want to carry a separate battery powered dac i would say just give up.

None of these iem's you've listed are going to solve your problem. Imho your need seems to be that you need to buy some new iems and need to rationalize your purchase

Have you tried peq /autoeq on the qudelix?
A better dac is not going to help bass. You need high output power and low impedance. Try to get an e1da 9038. Bass demands power. If drain is a concern for you, and you don't want to carry a separate battery powered dac i would say just give up.

None of these iem's you've listed are going to solve your problem. Imho your need seems to be that you need to buy some new iems and need to rationalize your purchase
I've clearly stated that the Qudelix is only for my PC and that I'm not interesting in carrying it around with my phone. My PC audio needs are not the concern here. I'm just seeking an improvement for my phone setup.

Your argument about not ever needing a new iem because you can handle everything with peq is absurd. Why would they manufacture high end iems if all iems were just the same and that you could simply get higher quality audio with just peq/autoeq?

If you read my original post I'm not just talking about greater bass. I need better soundstage, clarity etc. I also need greater instrument separation. You can't have these with purely PEQ. Hardware, driver configuration matters too.

My whole point of the post was to upgrade my iem to achieve a better hardware for an overall boost to the audio quality of which bass is one of the priorities.

What I need for the iPhone if I get certain iems is just some power amplification with minimum distortion. Some iems would not need that extra amplification. And there is some tradeoff between boosted power and battery consumption. There's also the issue of added distortion that comes with certain amp. These are things to be discussed. And just because I'm talking about these things doesn't mean that you have to throw your hands up and go Freud on me.

I don't understand the need for your condescending projection about what I *really* need vs what I think I need because I'm not following your instructions to the dot.

Why would they manufacture high end iems if all iems were just the same and that you could simply get higher quality audio with just peq/autoeq?
Because audiophools are ready to shell out the money.
Qudelix is only for my PC
Whaaaat !!!
Jokes apart, @greenhorn is pretty much spot on. eq is pretty powerful if done well. You just need to know how to use it.
While KZs and even some of the others you listed aren't exactly the best breed of IEMs out there, get any of the Harman tuned ones (eg. KZ Castor or the Simgot EW200 mentioned above) and equalize to taste. Here is another where the reviewer utilizes equalization to improve the already excellent output -
And seriously that Qudelix is kind of wasted if you use it just as Desktop DAC/amp. I own one and it's fantastic as a portable system wide Equalizer/DAC/amp whether BT or Wired. The mobile app itself is worth its weight in gold.

Last edited:
Because audiophools are ready to shell out the money.

Whaaaat !!!
Jokes apart, @greenhorn is pretty much spot on. eq is pretty powerful if done well. You just need to know how to use it.
While KZs and even some of the others you listed aren't exactly the best breed of IEMs out there, get any of the Harman tuned ones (eg. KZ Castor or the Simgot EW200 mentioned above) and equalize to taste. Here is another where the reviewer utilizes equalization to improve the already excellent output -
And seriously that Qudelix is kind of wasted if you use it just as Desktop DAC/amp. I own one and it's fantastic as a portable system wide Equalizer/DAC/amp whether BT or Wired. The mobile app itself is worth its weight in gold.
Hey I would love to learn more. I know that I'm a newbie. If you're open I would love to connect and learn more about how to get the best out of what I've got.

I'm sending a dm.
If you think EQ is not the answer (for a lot of things, though not all) then you do not understand audio.

Good luck.
As much as you think I'm a fool with a lot of money and adamant on spending it, I am actually interested in learning. If only the people who know things we not so defensive and condescending. It would be easier to learn

I am actually love to get on a call with someone who can teach me things. I am willing to learn.

Last edited:
Hey I would love to learn more. I know that I'm a newbie. If you're open I would love to connect and learn more about how to get the best out of what I've got.

I'm sending a dm.

As much as you think I'm a fool with a lot of money and adamant on spending it, I am actually interested in learning. If only the people who know things we not so defensive and condescending. It would be easier to learn

I am actually love to get on a call with someone who can teach me things. I am willing to learn.

You shouldn't read too much into the post, I mean only what I said, nothing more.

If you want to learn, then in audio most of the time PEQ will do what you are looking to do. What you need to learn is the knowledge of how to use a good DSP.

Can EQ help with improving the sound stage and instrument separation and resolution?

Sound stage/imaging is done by the difference in the channels, in earphones/headphones where the room is not an issue then you can help this with EQ. Instrument separation and resolution, this can also be helped with EQ, or rather in both cases I say DSP because sound is about three categories, frequency,amplitude and time, and PEQ doesn't (directly) offer a method to alter time but a proper DSP does. Please note this is only about the earphone/headphone, in most things, especially soundstage, your hearing/ears are part of it. Many people don't get good soundstage/imaging due to the shape of their ears.

Back