CPU/Mobo Best Intel Processor and motherboard(any company) under 10k.

A8-3850 - 7350/-

GB A55 - 4400/-

Total - 11750

Core i3 + H61 Bundle - 9600/-

+ Palit GT430 1GB - 3100/-

The i3 combo with a discrete GPU is 1k more and provides much better performance & experience... :)

Llano is not as bad as the idiot who posted it thinks it is. Llano is a good all in one solution for CPU+GPU instead of buying both separately. If you need more info on this, just google for AMD Llano reviews.

But, if you do plan to invest more money on a powerful (6850 equivalent) discrete GPU in the future, then Llano is not the correct choice for you. Don't even bother to go for a Pentium, go for an i3 directly. Most of the future apps and games are/will be multithreaded. Plus, with the i3, you get access to more useful IGP stuff like QS. Also, what is the differance in price, ~ 1000 bucks? Get the i3.

Now, as far as the concept of Hybrid CrossfireX, while being launched, it had a few bugs. Now, as of now, we do not know if these have been ironed out or not, but AFAIK, AMD has made the Athlon and Phenom lines EOL. So we can expect improvements in the Llano builds and the CrossfireX bug to be removed.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OK, now on the CPU front, the 3850 falls behind the i3. But in the IGP, it shines.

As far as the 4850 is concerned, skip it. Go for a 6670/5670 1GB. Dont bother waiting for the 7 series, they are going to be rebrands, AFAIK. But I believe, with a die shrink.

Kindly refrain from calling people names - try applying logic?

There was no "bug" in HybridCFX - it was that its scaling was really bad!!! No the situation hasn't been "ironed out" completely.

Athlon & Phenom are EOL - So?? how is it going to better the llano issues!!??? AMD was already not focusing on AII/PII when llano was launched. Their last update for the line was probaby 960T which was launched a year back!!

As far as the 4850 is concerned, skip it. Go for a 6670/5670 1GB. - THIS IS BAD ADVICE. If he's getting a 4850 for about 5k(was selling in US for $100) he should go for it eyes closed, only downside is u dont get DX11! Also 6670/5670 are not comparable gpu's - 6670 is based on the updated barts core and also has higher shader count.

I agree with ALPHA though... if OP needs only IGP and no GPU then he can go for A8 38** ... :)

@Alpha - for a gaming machine - G850+5670(8.2k) vs A8-3850(7.5-8k), ur views Sire? :)

Ok guys i checked out a few h61 chipset motherboards from asus and this is what the memory section said.

"2 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 1333/1066 Hz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory"

1333/1066? Does that mean I wont be able to use 1600 mhz ram?

Dudes and if I get intel, which motherboard should I get?

^^ Intel Sandy-Bridge chips are certified to run RAM @1333 MHz, but best performance and price value is achieved by using 1600 MHz kits, here is why -- AnandTech - Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3

I think we confirmed what we pretty much knew all along: Sandy Bridge's improved memory controller has all but eliminated the need for extreme memory bandwidth, at least for this architecture. It's only when you get down to DDR3-1333 that you see a minor performance penalty. The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600, where you will see a minor performance increase over DDR3-1333 with only a slight increase in cost. The performance increase gained by going up to DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 isn't nearly as pronounced.

Your Core i3 will perform better overall with a 1600MHz kit, so go for Corsair XMS3 4GB x 1 module OR G.skill RIPJAWS 4GB 1600 MHz module ~ 1700/-.

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
@Alpha - for a gaming machine - G850+5670(8.2k) vs A8-3850(7.5-8k), ur views Sire? :)

Depends on how OP rolls if he has only IGP gaming in mind then the AMD A8 is his bbest shot, if he plansto add a discrete card in say ~ 2 mnonths then I'll tell him to go for a Core i3 2100 + H67 / H61 combo.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Intel Sandy-Bridge chips are certified to run RAM @1333 MHz, but best performance and price value is achieved by using 1600 MHz kits, here is why -- AnandTech - Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3

Your Core i3 will perform better overall with a 1600MHz kit, so go for Corsair XMS3 4GB x 1 module OR G.skill RIPJAWS 4GB 1600 MHz module ~ 1700/-.

Depends on how OP rolls if he has only IGP gaming in mind then the AMD A8 is his bbest shot, if he plansto add a discrete card in say ~ 2 mnonths then I'll tell him to go for a Core i3 2100 + H67 / H61 combo.

+1 to this.
$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
A8-3850 - 7350/-

GB A55 - 4400/-

Total - 11750

The i3 combo with a discrete GPU is 1k more and provides much better performance & experience... :)

There was no "bug" in HybridCFX - it was that its scaling was really bad!!! No the situation hasn't been "ironed out" completely.

Athlon & Phenom are EOL - So?? how is it going to better the llano issues!!??? AMD was already not focusing on AII/PII when llano was launched. Their last update for the line was probaby 960T which was launched a year back!!

As far as the 4850 is concerned, skip it. Go for a 6670/5670 1GB. - THIS IS BAD ADVICE. If he's getting a 4850 for about 5k(was selling in US for $100) he should go for it eyes closed, only downside is u dont get DX11! Also 6670/5670 are not comparable gpu's - 6670 is based on the updated barts core and also has higher shader count.

I agree with ALPHA though... if OP needs only IGP and no GPU then he can go for A8 38** ... :)

As far as calling names, I believe, I rest my case. Anyone who can read your posts, sms lingo and all, will say somewhat similar to what I say.

As for the CFX issue, AFAIK, with the eradication of the older CPU lines, they can put more focus on the Llano and FX platforms as was indicated in some news reports.

As for the 5670 and 6670, both have different shader counts (I thought that it would be a rebadged 5670, so plus point for you), but, if the pricing is 1K differance as it usually is, the 5670 is a better choice. But less than that, say, 500 bucks, the 6670 is a better option. I doubt the differance will be even noticed.

Now, coming to the 4850, did you forget the about PSU? seems like you did. So he ends up spending what, ~3K on the SMPS? And getting it from the US?

If the OP can spend enough cash to warrant a good GPU, then the i3 with the H61/67 is a good deal. Else, with the IGP, even now, nothing can be as good as the A8, IMO.

Also, IMO, please dont recomend the Pentiums, the small minor cost (~1.1K) over the G850 to go for an i3 is worth skipping the Pentium any day for gamers. 2 more threads, along with QS plus some performance benefits.

vivek.krishnan said:
+1 to this.
As far as calling names, I believe, I rest my case. Anyone who can read your posts, sms lingo and all, will say somewhat similar to what I say.

As for the CFX issue, AFAIK, with the eradication of the older CPU lines, they can put more focus on the Llano and FX platforms as was indicated in some news reports.

As for the 5670 and 6670, both have different shader counts (I thought that it would be a rebadged 5670, so plus point for you), but, if the pricing is 1K differance as it usually is, the 5670 is a better choice. But less than that, say, 500 bucks, the 6670 is a better option. I doubt the differance will be even noticed.

Now, coming to the 4850, did you forget the about PSU? seems like you did. So he ends up spending what, ~3K on the SMPS? And getting it from the US?

If the OP can spend enough cash to warrant a good GPU, then the i3 with the H61/67 is a good deal. Else, with the IGP, even now, nothing can be as good as the A8, IMO.

Also, IMO, please dont recomend the Pentiums, the small minor cost (~1.1K) over the G850 to go for an i3 is worth skipping the Pentium any day for gamers. 2 more threads, along with QS plus some performance benefits.

I never suggested buying 4850 from US in its last days it was retailing there for $100 (and was recommended by toms so many times at that price) - so around 5k in India... if he finds it - pls read before commenting - he can go for it! :)

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
Ok dude, call me what u want I don't care!!! ;)

I don't argue with stupid but clearly you're retarded as well, so I will clear up this for you - I never suggested buying 4850 from US in its last days it was retailing there for $100 (and was recommended by toms so many times at that price) - so around 5k in India... if he finds it - pls read before commenting - he can go for it! :)

Clearly, calling names is not an issue with you, either. :p

Firstly, If he does find a 4850 at that point, great. Then what about the SMPS? As I said, around 3K on a SMPS then. At the lowest cost he could get a Gigabyte 460 @ 1.7K, but then, that would be the systems limit.

Also, the US point was not made for the fact that you think it was, but since none of the usual online sites had the 4850, checked up on ebay.in, and voila! 7K, with Indian warranty. So, was pondering, are you suggesting that he get it from the US.

Now, at 7K, I think there are other cards with better features, clearly.

Ok guys thanks for everything. Ive decided to wait a bit and get the intel i3-2100 with the ASUS P8H61-M PLUS and a 5770.. Guys one last question. I was planning on getting a Dell IN2030M for 6.5k but now since im stretching my budget really thin, Im wondering if I should get it. Its either that or the GPU. And then ill get one later on.. So should I get the gpu or the monitor. My current monitor is a samsung syncmaster 540n max res 1024x768... What do you say?

Your location?

If I may say so, its best to stick to your current monitor. Get the cash later and upgrade. And dont forget to get 1600Mhz RAM.

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
A8-3850 - 7350/-

GB A55 - 4400/-

Total - 11750

I won't do any conclusions here, but lionking there is a whole lot of difference by putting your blatant views just by reading few websites and views by doing some real world test. Have you ever used Llano or Dual Graphics in person ?

If not, then please stop the spreading FUD. 6670 scales very well with A8 and the added performance is very much noticeable, in some cases around 15-25+ FPS.

@OP please got through these links. http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/asrock-a75-extreme-6-review-a75-201672.html | http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/amd-fusion-a8-3850-review-igp-195501.html

So A8 + 6670 > i3 + 6670 !

There will be a Dual Graphics / Crossfire / Memory Scaling article on Llano soon

vivek.krishnan said:
Clearly, calling names is not an issue with you, either. :p

Firstly, If he does find a 4850 at that point, great. Then what about the SMPS? As I said, around 3K on a SMPS then. At the lowest cost he could get a Gigabyte 460 @ 1.7K, but then, that would be the systems limit.

Also, the US point was not made for the fact that you think it was, but since none of the usual online sites had the 4850, checked up on ebay.in, and voila! 7K, with Indian warranty. So, was pondering, are you suggesting that he get it from the US.

Now, at 7K, I think there are other cards with better features, clearly.

I did mention.. "If he finds it at that(5k) price point."

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I won't do any conclusions here, but lionking there is a whole lot of difference by putting your blatant views just by reading few websites and views by doing some real world test.

Have you ever used Llano or Dual Graphics in person ?

Well, you seem to be questioning the credibility of sites like anandtech & tomshardware - I dont agree with you there buddy! ;)

@Some real world tests - Yes I did a whole bunch of tests single & dual gpu(HD6670 Sapphire) both.

If not, then please stop the spreading FUD. 6670 scales very well with A8 and the added performance is very much noticeable, in some cases around 15-25+ FPS.

@If not - Well I did test it.

@FUD - That was my personal experience from testing the llano sample.. and heres what anandtech observed - AnandTech - The AMD A8-3850 Review: Llano on the Desktop

the fps actually drops in some game titles for me too.. so i said that here...

anyways, llano is really good if ure gng for IGP only solution/low cost Eyefinity etc.. but overall i3 based machines are better for gaming... :)

[btw nice review for ASRock A75.. :)]

P.S. Im just posting "my opinion" here guys.. Please stop taking this stuff personally..

Well, you seem to be questioning the credibility of sites like anandtech & tomshardware - I dont agree with you there buddy!

Well anandtech and other sites are good , but I don't blindly trust these sites. Good for initial reviews but a the opinion they conclude sometime is blasphemous.

Most of the sites are hell bent on comparing the CPUs with the extreme offering from both Intel and AMD. While leaving the general perspective aside. Other important factor is that these site carry out reviews on premature driver leaving little room for the hardware to perform.

Thats why reading reviews is one thing and blindly following them for purchase is anot

amithkallupalam said:
Ok guys thanks for everything. Ive decided to wait a bit and get the intel i3-2100 with the ASUS P8H61-M PLUS and a 5770.. Guys one last question. I was planning on getting a Dell IN2030M for 6.5k but now since im stretching my budget really thin, Im wondering if I should get it. Its either that or the GPU. And then ill get one later on.. So should I get the gpu or the monitor. My current monitor is a samsung syncmaster 540n max res 1024x768... What do you say?

Wait & go for HD5770 + Core i3 2100 + Asus P8H61-M PLUS.
and get the GPU first.

Yeah you guys definitely made me :S :D.. Anyway. i heard that the i3 2120 costs te same as the 2100 and it has a higher clock speed. So I decided to get it.
Final Config
////-----\\\\
Intel i3 2120 @ 3.30 ghz ~ 6200
Asus P8H61-M Plus ~ 3400
HD 5770
G.Skill RipJaws 4GB 1600 MHZ ~ 1900
FSP Saga II 400w ~ 1900 (Would that be enough?)

And guys can you please tell me howmuch the hd5770 costs?
Thanks.

as of now 5770 can be got for around 6k..6770 for around 6.8k...

seriously@lionking many people do not prefer tomshardware.. it is biased and partial towards some companies.. it gave coolermaster psus a thumbs up when jonnyguru screwed it left and right.. anandtech was biased severely towards amd in the recent past.. so much so that many scolded him for that.. read some review comments and you will see..

dont go about eulogizing intel.. amd has its place.. the i3 2100 requires a seperate gpu.. the llano has an awesome inbuilt gpu that intel has not even been able to 70 percent emulate!! h61 severely loses many features.. usb 3.0, very little sata ports and no sata 6gb .. no turbo or oc.. and for the same price a llano.. add a 5770 to that and you will have even better gaming capability than a 2100..

for budget gaming rigs llano is better than a 2100..

Oh seriously people this is way too confusing! What should I edit in my final config? I decided to go for the h67 chipset rather than the h61 because of 6 gb/s sata... hmm.. Changes in the final config? Can you guys suggest a good h67 motherboard?

The highest card the llano can run in dual graphics mode is the 6670. And the core i3 is much better when it comes to raw computing power. Im not a hardcore gamer. I play games a lot but I spend a lot of time doing other things on my computer... And can you guys suggest the AMD llano alternative to my final config with mobo?

Back