Best Inverter AC in India? Edit: Bought Sharp AH-XP18MV (AC discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed it today morning. I dont think that a problem. the supplied wire is a 4 core thick wire maybe thats why. Yes it was cut at site. Rishi would be the best person to shed some light on this.

I noticed it today morning. I dont think that a problem. the supplied wire is a 4 core thick wire maybe thats why. Yes it was cut at site. Rishi would be the best person to shed some light on this.

The supplied free 4 meter, 4 core thick electric wire must have been a little short in length to reach the ODU connections through the protective plastic cover inlet around the refrigerant inlet/ outlet valve bay area. The electric wire have to traverse a longer path from the IDU to meet ODU even though the copper pipes and electric wire are of same 4 meters in length. Hence the installers cut a little portion of the protective plastic cover so that the wire can have a direct path.

Below is an example of the same ODU with out any cuts as you can see the wire is travelling along the copper pipes to enter around the refrigerant inlet/ outlet valve bay area.

ahxp18mv4.jpg

The supplied free 4 meter, 4 core thick electric wire must have been a little short in length to reach the ODU connections through the protective plastic cover inlet around the refrigerant inlet/ outlet valve bay area. The electric wire have to traverse a longer path from the IDU to meet ODU even though the copper pipes and electric wire are of same 4 meters in length. Hence the installers cut a little portion of the protective plastic cover so that the wire can have a direct path.

Below is an example of the same ODU with out any cuts as you can see the wire is travelling along the copper pipes to enter around the refrigerant inlet/ outlet valve bay area.

Typical Indian C's. Don't watch (any brand) with a Hawk eye and they will do some Fxxk up. He could have easily put it through the same hole.

Do you think thats a problem,should I do something about it,or it is okay?

Do you think thats a problem,should I do something about it,or it is okay?

After having a look at your ODU pic it seems the coolant pipes and the wire are traversing different paths which is quite strange. Since as said before the wire had to traverse a longer path from the IDU to the ODU internal power connection compared to the refrigerant pipes, at the end point it become at around a foot of two shorter.

One of my two ODU's have a connection like yours since the wire did not had the sufficient length required to traverse through the hole in the ODU's refrigerant inlet/ outlet valve area and to travel upwards to meet the ODU power connection. And it is highly inadvisable to do some patch up work and to add a foot or two of additional wire. So my installer made a cut in the plastic and passed the wire from there.

The only thing that can trickle down their is rain water and it is important that the hole is made at the lower height to the ODU power connection. Even after few heavy showers my AC's seems to perform OK. I find yours ODU hole is made in the same height as mine. So I believe it will not be much of a problem. :)

Yeah, the wire felt short and I dint want a "joint" in that superb 4Core wire. Yes the cut is below the power connector on the ODU. So its fine right....thanks.

@vinay.pathak Out of curiosity, what made you go for two different brands ? and how old is your Hitachi ?

Well I was determined to go for Hitachi 5 star acs since I thought they are the best before I read the this thread of rishiguru. I was influenced by the incredible work done by him in letting us know about inverter acs and their benefits in terms of power savings.

So I went for Hitachi inverters only to know they are not available now. Fortunately I was able to have one after lot of searching. The seller said it was 2011 lot and he will provide a discount due to stock clearance. Since the need was for two, I got another Sharp.

I never thought Sharp to be as good as Hitachi due to its lower price, but it seems I was wrong. Sharp acs are awesome. My mother health conditions requires the ac to be constantly run and it is doing so almost continually from the day it was installed. This room which faces the sun most of the time and the ac performs flawlessly. After sales service is tremendous, they installed my ac next day.

On the other hand my Hitachi have the worst after sales service I believe since they are yet to repair my Hitachi ac and after repetitive calls to their customer care there is no response. Where as sharp customer care called a week after installation and asked my feedback.

I biggest plus for sharp 1.5 Ton Inverter I observed are

Very quiet
Very powerful.
Very good to look at
The ac just seems super robust

Congratulations for the purchase. What about the 1 ton Inverter in the third room?

Sorry to hear about the problems with Hitachi Inverter. Please keep us updated.
1 ton ac is miles away; I first need to sort out my Hitachi ac woe. I will post my reactions after my Hitachi is serviced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought Sharp to be as good as Hitachi due to its lower price, but it seems I was wrong. Sharp acs are awesome.
Price is always not the best indicator for better quality.

Last year during my air conditioner buying exercise I visited a very famous electronics shop, which happens to be one of the top dealers of O-General, Hitachi, Toshiba and Daikin air conditioners. Recently they added Sharp in their portfolio. Their entire showroom is cooled by six Sharp 1.5 Ton Inverter air conditioners while displaying air conditioners of other brands. At that moment I knew nothing about Sharp ACs and hence gave no importance to them. I was in for market established brands.

The salesman talked a lot about the awesome performance of the O-General, Daikin, Hitachi and Toshiba being their only competitor. He gave me catalogues of Hitachi and Daikin and knowing I am there for Inverters started to push me for Daikin and Toshiba Inverters. As per him I can buy their products eyes closed. I was new so I believed him and gulped the entire info.

After his demo it clicked to me as of why the entire showroom is not cooled by established brands but by Sharp Inverters which were unknown to me at that point of time. After pressing hard and lot of hesitation the reply was Sharp is a new entrant to Indian air conditioner market who as of now asks money from their customers only for the product in question along with their profit but do not include any additional overhead charges for their brand name. Thus Sharp Inverter air conditioners are cheaper than established brands while providing equivalent quality and the best cost verses efficiency ratio. And this is the reason why they have Sharp Inverters all over their showroom. I was amazed.

Secondly, when asked about their performance and reliability, he replied all Sharp Inverters installed in their showroom have been working flawlessly throughout last year without a single glitch. Everyday from 10 am to 10 pm, 365 days a year. This equates to to an impressive 4380 hours of running a year without a single hiccup. I was really impressed. Asked about savings he replied the energy bills have gone down by around 40%, later adding they sold over 200 Sharp Inverters that year and there still a single complaint to be lodged. I was astounded.

While it all seemed too good to be true at that point of time, the moral for me was Sharp definitely make good Inverter air conditioners that are equivalently good as established brands in India while being lot cheaper. They are selling cheap since they do not promote their brand as of now by having dozens of ads in televisions, not to mention the huge advertisement hoardings you find on the streets and even newspapers. Rather they let their customer speak of their product’s quality and performance (which is exactly what is happening now on these forums). All of this saves lot of money from their annual expenditure which in turn helps them provide equivalent quality products wrt to their top competitors at far less asking price. Also they do not garner the same market recognition in India but once after few years they do get that as their top competitors, I believe their products going to be as costly as a O-General, Hitachi or a Daikin who have been in our market for over decades.

Coupled with their awesome ASS as everybody are reporting, it is hard not to recommend their product. Saying that I repeat all the other brands mentioned above are equivalently good. Its just that they cannot beat the Sharp’s VFM as of now.

Enjoy.:)

Exactly Sharps ASS is very very good.

I had a similar experience as Rishis, but I was armed with prior knowledge from Rishi write ups and comparisons so the sales guys couldnt take me for a ride. Yes even I was driven by brands. And a sales guy from one of Kolkata's top 3 white goods retailer showed me all brands but Sharp. Then I realized all the four ACs in his showroom were Sharps Inverters and two old Hitachi atoms,which were switched off. I asked,and upon prodding he told Sharp inverters are really very good and their Electricity bills have come down from a staggering Rs 48/52K to a Rs 22/26K a month!!

http://www.sharpproducts.in/downloadsupport.aspx?id=21&cid=13

some tools by sharp itself for savings calculation based on city power costs and temperatures.

P.S. my inverter AC was installed without any pumps , is runing well , is there anything to be concerned about ? why is that required. ?

initial reviews are good and never at any point i feel the compressor is off and unchillled air is being circulated. even the ground is so cold when walked upon , quite happy with the overall AC full on VFm with superior quality.

How much power would the sharp save over a 5 star window ? i am looking for a 1.5 ton window , did not want a split but will go for this if power saving is significant , ac will run 24/7 in summers , room size is 18/12 feet top floor .

… ac will run 24/7 in summers , room size is 18/12 feet top floor .
Your’s a 216 sqft room on top floor. 24/7 operation in summers.

Definitely an Inverter air conditioner as energy savings will be significant. Preferably a 2 Ton.

Arjun

What is your location? It is an important aspect too. Please check the link in the post above yours by soulfire. Use Inverter - AC Tonnage Calculator and other tools to get the required tonnage for your room. For 24x7 operation, inverter will be the best.

delhi[DOUBLEPOST=1367062008][/DOUBLEPOST]I am getting it for 45k inc installation & stabilizer , buying tomorrow , any precautions / suggestions for installation ?

^ sharp AH-XP18MV

,but i bought the sharp AH-XP18MV from vijay sales for 39k without stablizer/installation , can anyone recommend good stabilizer for this sharp ? Is V-Guard good?

OK! I will call them. And please share your experience as my requirements are very much like yours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back