PC Peripherals Best Investment -- Help please

ChironX

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I am trying to put together a budget for of around 50-60k to buy a good LED TV / Monitor next year. I am a bit confused on these, I will hook them up with my PC ( for HD gaming/movies), and have a thing or two to ask:

Which one makes more sense? A 30 inch top of the line IPS monitor like Dell Ultrasharp u3011 / HP zr30w:eek:hyeah: ? Or a Sony Bravia/Samsung/LG Jazz LED TV, say 42" with 1080p resolution?

Since Movies don't come out in 2500 X 1600 resolution yet, would there be any visible difference in detail while I'm gaming at that resolution than 1080p?

Just trying to get my basics right here guys, any advice will be welcome. Thanks!!

Get a TV, put it in the front room, has more flaunt value. however, if you plan to sit at your desk and work, then a monitor might be OK.

Also, gaming at 2560x1600 is not worth it, IMO. You would need a very powerful GPU to handle that res, not to mention a good all round rig also. go with1080[

HD movies come in 1080p as of now, but expect higher res too.

ChironX said:
Hi Guys,

I am trying to put together a budget for of around 50-60k to buy a good LED TV / Monitor next year. I am a bit confused on these, I will hook them up with my PC ( for HD gaming/movies), and have a thing or two to ask:

Which one makes more sense? A 30 inch top of the line IPS monitor like Dell Ultrasharp u3011 / HP zr30w:eek:hyeah: ? Or a Sony Bravia/Samsung/LG Jazz LED TV, say 42" with 1080p resolution?

Since Movies don't come out in 2500 X 1600 resolution yet, would there be any visible difference in detail while I'm gaming at that resolution than 1080p?

Just trying to get my basics right here guys, any advice will be welcome. Thanks!!

Gaming at 2560x1600 is brilliant and definitely worth it, IF you can run games at that resolution or are OK with having the monitor scale up from 1920x1200.

I have a 6950 2GB and for some games (Metro 2033, for example) I have to drop down to 1920x1200 but that doesn't look too bad either. Someone who is more sensitive to the scaling might find it off putting.

Console games don't look that good. (I've tried both the XboX 360 and the PS3.) 700 MB DVD rips look horrible.

Back