Best media player app for HD lcd 1366*768 laptop ?

pr.itdude

Disciple
I recently bought a laptop which has 15.6" HD WLED lcd with 1366*768 resolution. Now whenever i watch a DVDrip movie in full screen, the pixels scatter. I know BluRay or HD movies will be best to watch on it, but i can't download every movie in HD, i hope you are getting me.

I have tried using Media Player Classic, VLC and DivX plus.
The best in picture quality of these is MPC, but then the sound output is low as compared to VLC.

Any other app that you guyz want to recommend me for best video+sound output based on personal experience.

Cheers !! :)

What OS are you using?? If you are using Windows 7, then it is a known issue. You have to change the video output renderer in both VLC and Media Player Classic. In Storm Codec ( Media Player Classic) you have to change it to Haali's video renderer.

Download Storm codec from here-

Storm Codec Download - Softpedia

Change option from here-

capture115.jpg

USE KMPlayer No codec Packs Needed

It Has A config Option After u Install It

Running it On W7Ux64 flawlessly

Best media Player IMO.

Dont forget To Turn Postprocessing on later

Post How Did U like It

Yes, I am using W7, 32 bit.

@sei, what does this storm codec actually do ?? Is this codec do not come with MPC(with full pack) ??

@gurugulabkhatri, (nyc handle man :p)

I'm not sure that KMplayer is better than MPC/VLC. Are u confident enough that this will resolve the problem of pixel scattering and volume enhancement ??

I tried a tweak, in MPC under the "Audio Switcher" option, ticked the "normalize" option. And suddenly there is almost 200% increase in volume, but this also deteriorated the quality of sound. I guess it just amplified the volume, with noise. Moreover, increasing the "boost" slider also enhanced the volume without degrading quality but just marginal change.

Any expert comments who have tried it ??

(nyc handle man )

1.Thnx,But What is a Handle?

Are u confident enough that this will resolve the problem of pixel scattering and volume enhancement ??
Quite confident.KMPlayer+Real Alternative Will Sail u thru any Media Format possible

It Has Nomalize+Boost Audio Option+Reduce Noice +Loads other audio options
Pixel scattering maybe Improve a Bit If u Try the Postprocessing and tinker with its settings

But DVDrips (1Cd Rite? :)) Wont give u much Viewing Pleasure In any Case

pr.itdude said:
Yes, I am using W7, 32 bit.

@sei, what does this storm codec actually do ?? Is this codec do not come with MPC(with full pack) ??
I should have been more clear. It is Media Player Classic with all the codecs. Plays all formats and if you change the video output to Haali you will not see any pixelation.

Sei said:
I should have been more clear. It is Media Player Classic with all the codecs. Plays all formats and if you change the video output to Haali you will not see any pixelation.

I am already using MPC with all codecs, but will try out the Haali output !!

Btw, the latest version of VLC has overcome the pixelation problem to a appreciable extent.

Happy now :D

@GuruGulabKhatri, yes i was referring to your username, its called 'handle' in urban communication (i guess) :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can anyone tell me the difference between 'ffdshow' and 'DivX H.264' codecs performance? Which one is better ??

DivX Is Better But Its Paid too.... I would Suggest CoreAVC H.264 Decoder If U r Goin For a Paid decoder

FFdshow is Like a Command Line Codec package

@GuruGulabKhatri, yes i was referring to your username, its called 'handle' in urban communication (i guess)

guess I gotta speed up My Learning Process.....

Dvdrip movies .. Are they DivX, Xvid Encoded ? You can try downloading the latest Graphic card drivers then installing Divx from official source and then playing it on Windows Media Player 12 itself. See if you benefit from this over your current situation.

Hey, also, a resolution of 1366x768 for a 15.6" widescreen is pretty low, imho.

I have two laptops - one 14" (Lenovo - work) and one 15.4" (Dell - personal). The 14" Lenovo runs at its max resolution of 1366x768, and even then the quality of single-CD DVDrips is pretty shabby, so had to switch to the double-CD (1.4 gig) ones.

I don't have access to my 15.4" Dell right now, but it's max resolution is *definitely* way better than 1366x768.

EDIT: Just did some quick searching around - it should be 1440x900, but this is for my 16:10 monitor. A 15.6" monitor should be a 16:9 AR, so you should ideally be running a max resolution of 1600x900 (or 1440x810 at least). Might just notice an improvement in the display quality.

Disclaimer: IANADE (I Am Not A Display Expert)

@shr1k, the lappy has highest resolution of 1366*768. So how could i go for 1600*900 ??
So, that means the resolution is manufacturer's dependent, like u said for your dell ??

GuruGulabKhatri said:
USE KMPlayer No codec Packs Needed
It Has A config Option After u Install It
Running it On W7Ux64 flawlessly

Best media Player IMO.
Dont forget To Turn Postprocessing on later

Post How Did U like It
Hey,can you post some video settings for the KM player, i am also experiencing some pixelation in 700mb dvdrip movies and i am simply addicted to KMP :p and cant think of using any other player.

Just install MPC-HC and diable the inbuilt audio switcher. Instead install the AC3 filter available widely.

After installation of AC3 filter, you can change the preset to Loud and that will give you enuf boost to satisfy ur ears. For the pixellation, i have not seen any in my version of MPC. So, if you want, may be you can try my customised version. PM me if you want it with your email ID. You can give it a try.

It might have the same problem though coz i hardly watch a DVD-Rip these days :p

Back