Less than 10K Best Phone for under 10,000?

Rezep

Adept
I'm looking for a phone which will be a daily driver for nothing much other than online classes(microsoft teams) and social media (whatsapp,instagram etc). I will most likely never use it for heavy gaming such as pubg, and camera quality isn't a huge factor unless it's really terrible.
In terms of brand preference, my whole family currently all basically have or had a xiaomi phone but i am open to other options. My max budget is 10k but i'm leaning more towards the 8-9K side.
I have also done some searching of my own and saw the redmi 9 prime and the realme narzo 10a but i to be honest, know very less about mobile tech. I do know however that anything less than 3gb Ram is already pretty slow as it is and 32 gb of internal storage, more than 10gb of it is taken by the Ui itself if what my friends say is to be believed. Hope to get some wisdom from you guys :p
Thank you :)

Both the brands you have mentioned are good. I am personally using Realme XT so am satisfied with the device.
However on comparing what both have to offer, I see 9prime seems to be a better choice. But you have to be aware of their ads which makes the user experience quite disappointing.

Always go for higher than 4gb ram/64 GB storage. If you can get hold of the device that would be a good buy, seems like they are out of stock for now.

Edit: found that it's available at Amazon. Redmi 9 is also releasing on 27th August, you can also look into it.

Last edited:
Both the brands you have mentioned are good. I am personally using Realme XT so am satisfied with the device.
However on comparing what both have to offer, I see 9prime seems to be a better choice. But you have to be aware of their ads which makes the user experience quite disappointing.

Always go for higher than 4gb ram/64 GB storage. If you can get hold of the device that would be a good buy, seems like they are out of stock for now.

Edit: found that it's available at Amazon. Redmi 9 is also releasing on 27th August, you can also look into it.
Thanks for your reply man. Yes i think the redmi 9 might just be the perfect one if it's below 9k. I would just get the 3gb ram variant and 32 gb internal storage and then buy a 64 gb sd card to store any images or videos. I'm not too sure how much i might end up using the 32 gb internal storage with apps (bet most of it will already be filled by the os). Might look into the 64gb variant of the redmi 9 non prime if it's cheap enough.

Go for 4 GB if possible. Trust me, phones get very slow with time. In fact, being a custom OS it will get more slow as they tend to use more memory.
It's only 1k extra but you won't feel like throwing your phone.
Even I was to go for 4 GB model but after following advice from a YouTuber, I went for 6 GB variant. Glad I took that decision. People with 4 GB are complaining like anything.
4fb ones work great only on stock Android.
As you tend to use WhatsApp and other social media they will take plenty of space. You will need to frequently clean it to make space for memory as low space also causes phone to slow.
64 GB is fine, you can always add an mjcrosd support to extend storage.

Well. My suggestion was based on assumption that you want your phone for 2 years atleast. Else go for 3gb/32gb Storage.

My oh my i wish i could be one of those people who just buys whatever's available instead of trying to get the best bang for my buck. Still not sure what i'm supposed to get. Ignorance really is bliss

Not just these days, back when i had the redmi 3s even before the redmi4 i felt 3gb was lagging a bit sometimes. the 4 was pretty good with 4gb but i kept it at an older android version without upgrading. this is all part of planned obsolescence. the usage we have these days isn't very different from a few years ago. except maybe consuming more internet data. but software and hardware are hand-in-glove to make us keep upgrading. it's a story as old as the pc, mobiles are just a different chapter...

I will most likely get the redmi 9 prime seeing how the processor of the redmi 9 non prime seems pretty terrible from whatever i could make out of the 100s of youtube review videos. Not this august 31st tho, most likely in the second week of september when it comes to offline stores. Bloody hell, all the damn phones from all the chinese companies have all the same specs with all the same pros and cons lmao if anything i have seen so far is to be believed, only difference being they arrange the camera a bit different on their back panels and the UI is different.

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of redmi phones' vfm but their os is getting worse every update. too much ad and spyware. practically unusable without rooting and adblocking. i use the hosts file method with adaway. now getting a bootloader unlock code so you can root is another insane dance even worse than their flash sales. so i've pretty much given up on xiaomi. else their redmi phones make the most sense.

with my asus 5z i currently use this nifty app called blockada slim to block ads in chrome etc. it runs as a vpn and filters via dns. knocks out 95%+ ads. for some strange reason i get better adblocking with the slim version which is on play store than the full version which is a sideload.

I've always been a fan of redmi phones' vfm but their os is getting worse every update. too much ad and spyware. practically unusable without rooting and adblocking. i use the hosts file method with adaway. now getting a bootloader unlock code so you can root is another insane dance even worse than their flash sales. so i've pretty much given up on xiaomi. else their redmi phones make the most sense.

with my asus 5z i currently use this nifty app called blockada slim to block ads in chrome etc. it runs as a vpn and filters via dns. knocks out 95%+ ads. for some strange reason i get better adblocking with the slim version which is on play store than the full version which is a sideload.
You can remove all bloatware from Redmi phones without any rooting. There is an adb tool especially for this. Takes no more than 5 minutes if you know what you are doing. Used it for the first time when I bought Note 9 Pro Max a few weeks ago. Works like a charm.
For adblocking, I am using Brave browser and Youtube Vanced. Apart from that don't have many apps that show ads.

One thing to keep in mind for any phone is the processor.
Especially the cortex core type.
A7x series are high performance. A5x are efficiency cores; hence 2 cores of A76 would be much more powerful than 4 A53 cores.

Just google big.LITTLE

Hope it helps.

My opinion ain't popular, but, Get android one stuff.
People give wayyyy too much importance to higher hardware numbers/ram compared to what they give to the OS/hardware quality/drivers.
Android one is nothing flashy, but with selected hardware, tested drivers, not-crappy OS its a no-brainer.
Ask yourself: would you buy a Chinese PC, with a custom layer on top of windows, which has non-updating drivers, low-low windows update support, random apps installed all over and unknown pieces of hardware, because it has higher specs ? Well maybe you are a tinkerer monitoring and adb'ing stuff to get those extra fps. But for most..

My opinion ain't popular, but, Get android one stuff.
People give wayyyy too much importance to higher hardware numbers/ram compared to what they give to the OS/hardware quality/drivers.
Android one is nothing flashy, but with selected hardware, tested drivers, not-crappy OS its a no-brainer.
Ask yourself: would you buy a Chinese PC, with a custom layer on top of windows, which has non-updating drivers, low-low windows update support, random apps installed all over and unknown pieces of hardware, because it has higher specs ? Well maybe you are a tinkerer monitoring and adb'ing stuff to get those extra fps. But for most..
Is there any android one device worth considering? I am shocked after all the sub-15k phone releases. Was waiting for the Moto G9, but what an annoying phone without a compass. Nokia 5.3 is asking too much being a 720p+ screen. What the heck are my options?

My dad's phone is actually a redmi go lol, he used to own a redmi note 4G which he held onto for quite a while and holy, he must have spent more than 10K repairing the device on and off. Broke the screen thrice if i remember right and fixed it twice (second time he fixed it, as soon as he walked out of the local repair shop he dropped it on the road because the damn device kept on slipping due to it's size and shape)and other odd repairs he did over 3 years. I finally decided to tell him to buy a new phone instead and the redmi go came up (he didn't want to buy an expensive phone since he knew he was going to drop it regardless) and strangely enough it exceeded my expectations. Android one was such a clean UI to the MIUI and he was able to do what is simply the only thing majority of people need, whatsapp and facebook. Camera according to reviews was bad but hell its good for the price. Only thing i regret however is i should have waited for a week and bought the 16gb internal storage option as if i'm sure around 6 gb is already taken by the system and other stuff. I tried to do an internal shared storage with an external sd card but for some reason that flopped hard and now the sd card is dead. I factory resetted it which seems to have fixed it? Not sure since i haven't tried to do it again on a new sd card.
That seems to be one of the problems with android one again, strange errors/issues that seem to be occuring to anyone who's using android one, from the nokia community forums to motorola and even the redmi go. Sometimes i had to restart the phone due to some stuff like ringtone not working,call logs not registering etc etc which with a bit of time and troubleshooting i was able to fix but was the first time i ever had to face something like this (kinda felt like i was trying to fix problems on my pc).
But then what @jujuburi said, what options do i have for under 10K? i mean i did see the motorola g8 power lite which looks good but do i have any other android one devices other than that?
and oh, 5 inch is really the perfect phone size, honest to god. My dad hasn't dropped it even once now :p and even i really like how small,compact and light it is in my hand
Post automatically merged:

You can remove all bloatware from Redmi phones without any rooting. There is an adb tool especially for this. Takes no more than 5 minutes if you know what you are doing. Used it for the first time when I bought Note 9 Pro Max a few weeks ago. Works like a charm.
For adblocking, I am using Brave browser and Youtube Vanced. Apart from that don't have many apps that show ads.
Seems fairly simple enough, will try it if i get a redmi phone :)

Last edited:
Back