best phone in 10k budget.

harryneopotter

NEO is my middle name
Adept
Hello guys,

I am currently using Pantech Burst, the VFM super-phone :p. Now my younger sister is asking me to get the same for her. I dont like the idea of we both using the same phones. So I am thinking giving my Pantech to her, and get myself a new one. Hence the thread. So here it goes :

I am inclined to get Lumia 520. Seems like a good phone for the price. Though i havent used WP phones much (apart from occasional glances at friend's phones), i want to try the new OS. Here is my usage pattern :

Communication
  • Calls (not a lot .. but looong ones most of the times)
  • Texts (not frequent ..but still worth mentioning. Though i hate typing on touch screens)
  • Watsapp (more often than texts)
  • Facebook (very very frequent, almost everyday)
  • Skype (once in a blue moon, when i dont have access to PC and need to talk urgently on skype..rarely happens)
  • Gtalk (Same as skype)
  • Emails (Same as skype)
Entertainment
  • Videos (sumtimes, when i am away or at the Pot :p )
  • Music (Very rare, but i do have around 3 GB of songs on the phone)
  • Games (sumtimes, not much heavy games though )
  • Misc random fun apps
Tools
  • GPS ( A must have, need good navigation capabilities)
  • Camera (would like to have a good camera. Very satisfied with Pantech's cam.)
  • Flash (need it often when its dark, to use as torch)
  • 3G Tether ( when PC net goes down, have to use phone's 3G to surf on the PC- VERY IMPORTANT)
  • Browsing Internet (Often)
Productivity
  • PDF/office reader (Mostly pdfs, very less other documents)
So, I am very satisfied with the burst as of now .. except at times when it slows down for a few mins ( CPU Usage 100% .. no idea why) and lags (using Gizmolord 3.0). Otherwise, fulfilling all my requirements.
Now the Questions :
  • Should I switch to Lumia 520 ? Absence of flash is the most prominent negative point for me, as I am unsure of its performance in the departments mentioned above.
  • If not Lumia, then which one ? Budget is 10k (at most 12). Few contenders - Karbonn S1 Titanium, UMI S1, UMI X2. The downside of these phones are :
    1. Unreliable Quality and After Sales.
    2. Anything above 4"/4.3" is a nightmare for single handed usage, and Denim Pockets
    3. A bit low Single core/thread CPU Power, considering not many apps are optimized for Multi cores/threads.
    4. No idea about their Availability.
  • Or should I keep the burst, and give her Lumia instead ?
Thanks for your replies in advance :)

Hi harryneopotter,,, is the front camera working??? are you able to make video calls and how is the browsing??

yeah..a friend video called on my bday...and she said the video quality was good (used both the front cam and the rear cam).

Browsing is good using the stock browser (using a custom ROM).
Talking about Xolo Q800 here (to clear any misunderstanding watsoever).

Back