Best Smartphone in India under 15k

1. Q: Budget?

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: upto 15k[/font]

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: Touchscreen[/font]

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: HTC, Nokia, Samsung[/font]

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: Preferrably front and back[/font]

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

[font=arial, sans-serif]A. Android, Win phone 7(?)[/font]

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: 3G, WIFI[/font]

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: Camera, mails and internet.[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif"]I have been researching smartphones for my fiance as her HTC Desire is acting up lately. She has used iOS (ipod touch), BB OS (torch) and android so I think she will not have much problem even with a windows phone.[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif"]One issue is that the latest WinMo phones DO NOT support sd cards which I find odd. Other than that, how does winmo compare with android? Also, what are some good websites for deals on cellphones?[/font]

Check out SE Neo V, suits you requirements... In samsung, current good mid range android is Galaxy R but it exceeds your budget, priced ~ 20k ... Lumia 710 is also good option but personally I find win phone 7 bit boring ...

@ Sunny27, AFAIK Defy dont have front cam !

Any good android with front cam? I can go till 20k...

I think SGR will be too big for Girls.. If size is not a problem, you can go for that I guess.

But I would recommend Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray.. It is hard to beat its looks at this price bracket. Pictures don't justify how cool it actually is.. Go to stores like Reliance Digital where you can see actual device and check it once.. It is gorgeous.. And all the specifications are great too.. You get awesome SE Bravia screen with nearly 300 ppi resolution, Good Music, Decent 8MP camera, HD Video, Front Camera, Decent processor and GPU. Check the review yourself.

http://www.gsmarena....-review-649.php

Here is Ebay Link.. You can Get it for 17k.

Or If you want Big screen and are okay with Dealer warranty (Not from Sony India), I would recommend you Xperia Arc. It is available around 19.5k in ebay.

Since this is for your fiance, I dont think it will matter if it is single core or Dual as much as the looks, if the cell works just fine. Both Ray and Arc are great lookers and definitely performance wont let you down.

That is a nice phone, i liked it.

Is it discontinued? 19k is still priced high if its a discontinued phone right with single core & old GPU?

It is not discontinued, but I am not sure if Sony is selling it in India. Very hard to find.

As for single core thing, if you want a Dual core, you will have to buy SG2 which costs 28k. Both O2X and SGR are out of stock almost everywhere.

Back