best video player for playing movies etc?

VLC Media Player is the best....plays almost any format imaginable...and no need for codecs.....everything is built in ....also available as portable application...

For Videos - VLC, Media player Classic Home Cinema, KM Player, GOM Player all these perform nearly same with wide variety of Codec/File format support (i.e. without needing to install any separate Codec Pack).

My favorite among the above is KM Player due to its extensively customizable options.

I actually like Media player classic ...Simply because it lets me use the fddshow audio filter/AC3 filter to amplify audio to high levels (much higher than VLC - I Have a laptop- Philips SHP 2000 headphone combination and for some reason I often need to do that with several of my downloaded files which have very low volumes.) .....

BTW, IMHO, theres is no such thing as a "best" media player....it's not the case of "one size fits all" ....so I guess you will have to try out a few and settle with what you like most :)

I use VLC player for playing video files. Very rarely(almost 0% chance) will you come across files which cannot be played by VLC.

Media player Classic Home Cinema is a great player...especially if you wanna watch HD content!

....in my opinion it also offers of a lot more customization than vlc.

VLC, Media player Classic Home Cinema, KM Player all are good, i prefer KMplayer because of its user friendly short-cuts.

Back