Better Prices than JJmehta

Hi Guys,

I need some help I found out the rate of the Sony DSC H2 @ JJmehta Bombay and its

DSC H2 Charger 4 Batteries 1Gb Rs.26250
DSC H5 Charger 4 Batteries 1Gb Rs.31750
S3IS Charger 4 Batteries 1Gb Rs.28000

I plan on buying the H2 all the prices abve come with a 1gb card charger n 4 batteries.

Anyboudy know a shop that can beat JJmehta's prices? I would appreciate your help plan on picking it up when i get my salary next month thats around the 8th.

Anybody can suggest a different camera as well, except the S3IS cause i read alot of stuff and it has really noisy images at a higher ISO as compared to this one, so i choose this.

Awaiting your suggestions.
Regards,
Clyde

Speak to Sameer at Gaffar Bhai and Sons 38, Manish Market 1st Floor (near Crawford Market) ... phone numbers 22618461 22616768 ... this guy claims he supplies most of the photographic shops in Mumbai - but I doubt it.

I wouldnt mind paying extra but i would really like to have a warranty for it :( Thankz for the help though Techhead!

@ Eazy any clue about warranty?

You can contact Mafsee Camera's, it's outside VT, DN rd. I had got a digicam from them a long time back...they had offered the cheapest prices at that time.

Ph.56347701/56395931/22069221 (Dunno if they still work)

You can also check at Heera Panna or Manish market :)

hey xfactor i dont belive my ears.........i just called up that guy and he told me 18,000 anish i dint find out about the eos cause i was like wat 18k for the one with the 12x zoom???

he said yah 18k i still dint belive it i just kept quite and he said you come here so I will definetly go there and check them out in a while, will also get the eos rates and update you then..........i still dont freaking belive it.........18k thats like approx 6k cheaper withouth counting the batteries and mem card.......ill go there soon!

friedclyde said:
hey xfactor i dont belive my ears.........i just called up that guy and he told me 18,000 anish i dint find out about the eos cause i was like wat 18k for the one with the 12x zoom???

he said yah 18k i still dint belive it i just kept quite and he said you come here so I will definetly go there and check them out in a while, will also get the eos rates and update you then..........i still dont freaking belive it.........18k thats like approx 6k cheaper withouth counting the batteries and mem card.......ill go there soon!
It may be the H1 or S2IS definitely.

You can also try Alfa at Andheri (w). They are the only ones that i know having prices cheaper than JJMehta. One thing about jjmehta is the 3 months guarantee that they give even on gray market goods. Also, if you speak to the owner's son Kartik, he can help you choose a good camera too and is generally helpful. When you go there try and bargain for a good deal i.e. ask for a free set of batteries or at least a data card reader or something like that.

dont know where you got the idea about s3 being noisy, its only at higher iso & that to its much better than competition in that ultra zoom range... also you got it mixed up, h5 has terrible p.fringing.

if you want a U.zoom just for pix quality panasonic fz-7 is worth checking out better of the 3...

jjmehta is reliable if you want warranty, other places a lot of grey mixes with the white, since usually no problem occurs... & the price difference is big...

Hey friedclyde, the prices seem too good to be true, anyway no harm in checking it out.

I think the noise occurs only at ISO1600, which is expected in all cams :)

Hi fried

If budget permits go for a digital SLR. The small sized sensors on digicams have two inherent problems 1) High Depth of Field - so you cant blurr backgrounds easily and make the subject stand out 2) Noise

The cheapest DSLR in Nikon is D50 ... i think D60 is already released or is round the corner
Cheers
Dhiman

the nikon D50 does not have a mirror lock up.....which affects image stabilization

i think the DSLR's are not too good when its value for money as the freaking lens are are unaffordable

the sony h2 has a 400mm lens getting that for a dslr will be approx 20k just for the lens

I dont think a non-pro would be much interested in anything besides ISO 50/100... an SLR is another cup of tea... its some serious baggage considering that he is looking at a 12x zoom cam... & the noise will not be even seen in a 4x6 print at higher iso unless its a dark shot

Also price difference is a lot between grey & white for the S3
grey - 18K
white - 25+K

Back