Beware of scam : Wipro Recruitment

Here is a sample of a Wipro Scam...

Text (SMS) received on 11/29/21 from +1 406-200-9982:

Hello i believe this is John Gonzalez?

Good day

I'm Mr.David from Wipro Technologies responding to your resume posted online.

I believe you are interested in a Content Writer, Customer Service, Office Assistant, Administrative Assistant , Management , Accounting position , Receptionist , Project Manager and Data analyst position ?

The pay is $45 per hour, training and orientation is $22 per hour

The interview will be conducted online due to the current outbreak of the COVID-19 . The positions listed will also be a stay at home / work from home job.

The platform supporting the interview will be Zoom, skype, WIRE SECURE MESSENGER , WhatsApp, and telegram. Do you have any of this on your device ?

An invitation has just been sent to you on Zoom by Mr Brian Mchugh on zoom i need you to check on your zoom app and accept his invitation to proceed with the interview now

Alright Good luck with your interview

Form Zoom Chat Interview with Brian McHough (hrbrianmchugh131@gmail.com):

You Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Hi

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Wipro Technologies

How are you doing Today ??

You Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Doing well, thanks...You?

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:50 PM

Am good thanks for asking

I believe you can proceed with the interview

You Yesterday, 1:51 PM

Yes, I have 30min, is that enough time?

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:52 PM

40mins is all we need okay

You Yesterday, 1:52 PM

ok, I can stretch it.

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:52 PM

Alright good

Welcome to Wipro Technologies and i believe you are set to commence with the interview which is a Q & A session so it will be done via text on here,this interview and employment process will be a chat-2-chat session via texting. As we proceed further with the briefing and interview,you will get to know more about the company and opening position. You have a total of (40) minutes for this... A swift response is required. Understood??

You Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Got it!

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:54 PM

I'm Dr Brian McHugh (HR)Director of Human Resources at (Wipro Technologies).I am responsible for expanding the venture portfolio of the company and in charge of briefing you about the job position you are yet to occupy and about the company.

I would love to know more about you. That will help to categorize you and how best to interview you, please introduce yourself and indicate your :Full Name ,Job Contacted for, State and Email address?

You Yesterday, 1:55 PM

My name is John Gonzalez. I still do not know for what job I've been contacted for. I live in [STATE]. my email is johnG@hotm.com

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:56 PM

You can ask questions when I am done with briefing and interview sections. Let me know when you have finished reading and understanding every line by replying "OKAY"

You Yesterday, 1:56 PM

OK

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:56 PM

Overview

Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 200,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future.

You Yesterday, 1:57 PM

OK

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:57 PM

Spirit of Wipro The Spirit of Wipro is the core of Wipro. These are our Values. It is about who we are. It is our character. It is reflected consistently in all our behavior. The Spirit is deeply rooted in the unchanging essence of Wipro. But it also embraces what we must aspire to be. It is the indivisible synthesis of the four values. The Spirit is a beacon. It is what gives us direction and a clear sense of purpose. It energizes us and is the touchstone for all that we do.

You Yesterday, 1:57 PM

OK

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:58 PM

Our Strategy On November 18, 2020, Wipro's CEO and MD, Thierry Delaporte and members of the Executive Leadership team presented a strategic plan to investors and analysts. Watch the presentations to learn how Wipro's bold new vision will strengthen our global leadership, drive innovative solutions for our customers, and generate sustainable value for shareholders. For more information kindly visit our website at https://www.wipro.com

KNOWLEDGE:*

English Language

*Customer and Personal Service Abilities

*Writing Information Ordering

*Written Comprehension/Written Expression

*Time Flexibility

*Oral Comprehension

*Oral Expression

Hope you possess the above listed ?

You Yesterday, 1:58 PM

ok

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:59 PM

Note: This position is strictly online and you will be working from home or anywhere of your choice(Flexible).You can choose to work during morning, afternoon and evening.The pay is $45 per hour, training and orientation is $22 per hour and will be getting payment bi- weekly via direct deposit and check payment also.

Let me know if you are interested so we can proceed??

You Yesterday, 1:59 PM

ok, I am interested

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 1:59 PM

If selected, assignments will be sent to you via e-mail or IM.I am going to ask you a few questions now, once done with your answers simply write (DONE). Are you ready?

You Yesterday, 2:00 PM

yes

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 2:00 PM

FIRST SECTION!

(1) Are you currently employed?

(2) Have you been in the military before?

(3) Are you willing to work flexible or long hours?

(4) Do you have a HP laser-jet printer, Copier and Scanner?

(5) Are you seeking employment in a company of a certain size?

(6) How long do you intend working for this company?

(7) Tell Us why you feel you are the right person for this Job?

You Yesterday, 2:03 PM

(1) Self Employed.

(2) Yes, USAF.

(3) Yes.

(4) Yes.

(5) No, any size works as long as it is legitimate.

(6) As long as I am still profitable.

(7) I still don't know what the job is.

Done

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 2:03 PM

SECOND SECTION!

(1) Describe Your Current (or Most Recent) Position?

(2) Do you prefer to work alone or on a team?

(3) What are your greatest strength and weakness?

You Yesterday, 2:06 PM

(1) Independent Contractor.

(2) I work well either way. I've been a team leader but also a team player.

(3) Strength: Good Listener. Weakness: Potato Chips.

Done

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 2:07 PM

PAYROLL & WORKING SCHEDULE:

1. How many hours are you willing to Work per day? (4hr Minimum per day or 40hrs Maximum per week)

2. What time range?

3. Payroll Interval? (Weekly or Bi-Weekly)

4. How would you like to be Paid (Direct Deposit / Wire Transfer/Credit Card Transfer or Pay Check)?

5. What wireless carrier/ Internet provider do you use ?

6.What is the name of the Bank which you currently operate with so as to see if it tallies financially with the company's official salary payment account?

You Yesterday, 2:10 PM

1. I can do on avg 25-30hrs per week.

2. I would prefer as early as possible, 5am to 9am.

3. Either works fine.

4. Direct Deposit.

5. Verizon/Cox.

6. Not ready to disclose at this time.

Done.

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 2:11 PM

Excellent Answers! We are done with the job briefing and interview sections..I think you are the right candidate for this job position...Your interview answers has to be reviewed before further steps can be carried out.

You Yesterday, 2:12 PM

OK

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 2:12 PM

At Wipro Technologies, we hire the best, believe in building careers and not just placing people into jobs. You will receive an Official Confirmation letter sent to your Email provided Tomorrow morning 8am EST Time and if you get an Email from the Admin dept. that means you are hired and make sure you respond to it Asap, Got it ?

You Yesterday, 2:12 PM

Got it

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 2:12 PM

In the meantime, I need you to provide me with the following requested info for verification purpose

Name :

Address : (PO Box Not Valid)

City :

State :

Zipcode :

Cell # :

E-mail address:

so that my secretary can put you on the register??

You Yesterday, 2:16 PM

Sorry Brian, I'm sure you understand there many scams going around, so I prefer not giving anymore personal information until I have more information on your company and job description. I'll wait for the email and see if there is verifiable information with in it before I proceed with my information. One cannot be too careful, I'm sure you would agree, right.

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 2:19 PM

Okay I understand that and that's fine

Alright, that would be all for now make sure you are here Tomorrow morning by 8am your time for your paperwork, tasks and more updates understood?

You Yesterday, 2:20 PM

OK, Thanks

Brian McHugh Yesterday, 2:21 PM

You are welcome

Do have a great day ahead Stay Blessed!! ENSURE NOT TO BE LATE

You Yesterday, 2:21 PM

will do.

Today

You 8:08 AM

Good morning... I've been here for 10 min.

Brian McHugh 8:08 AM

Hello good morning

You 8:08 AM

Am I waiting on someone else?

Brian McHugh 8:09 AM

Your paper work has been sent I believe you got it ?

You 8:09 AM

Hi Brian...yes, I did receive it and was going over it just now

Brian McHugh 8:10 AM

Okay please have it signed and sent back now

You 8:11 AM

OK, will do.

Brian McHugh 9:04 AM

Hello I believe you are done with that

You 9:04 AM

Yes, done.

What's next?

Brian McHugh 9:06 AM

You will be undergoing two (2) days of training and orientation where you would get to learn how to use of the software materials to handle your duties.During your training and orientation, one of the organization's supervisors will reach you via phone. Also, they will put you through our company's guidelines under US Human Resources Laws and Regulations.

You 9:07 AM

OK

Brian McHugh 9:07 AM

Alright,You will need some software, a laptop and also a certified time tracker to commence your project,training and orientation,the time tracker is to calculate your hours worked since this is an online work from home.

You 9:08 AM

OK

Brian McHugh 9:08 AM

Good, As this is a Virtual position and you are getting paid during training..Firstly we would work on getting you the timekeeper, equipment and software required to get started.

You 9:08 AM

OK

Brian McHugh 9:09 AM

This are the list of working materials needed for this Job : 4 in one (fax, scanner, copier and printer), Zebra ZM400 Bar-code printer,4 drawer cabinet/Mini office desk Iphone 13max, Apple Macbook Pro with touchbar

Softwarematerials;

Grammarly,

ProWriting Aid,

Hemingway App,

Ginger Software,

WhiteSmoke,

PaperRater,

LanguageTool,

SlickWrite,

Peachtree Software and a Time Tracker.

I believe you are familiar with them??

You 9:11 AM

I am

Brian McHugh 9:11 AM

The funds for the software will be provided for you by the company which will cover the software as well as the equipment for your mini office.Okay?

You 9:11 AM

Great

Brian McHugh 9:12 AM

We will be providing funds via paycheck for the purchase of the working materials listed above, the company's accounting dept. will issue out the check via mail/email address.After receiving the funds, I will refer you to the closest vendor at your location,you will be purchasing the materials after making payment to the vendor,make sure you keep the receipt and payment confirmation slip till your working materials get to your frontdoor because the receipt is the the proof of payment,Understood??

You 9:13 AM

Got it

Brian McHugh 9:13 AM

You will be undergoing 2 hours training and orientation for two days which will commence as soon as you have all working materials also the company will be providing you with time tracker to commence your training and orientation, $100 will be given as your training bonus,understood??

You 9:14 AM

Got it

Brian McHugh 9:14 AM

A check would be issued out to you today. As soon as the accounting department forward it to you via email, you are to have it printed out from your email, sign at the back of the check and make use of your bank mobile APP on your phone to make the deposit, you are to deduct $100 as your sign on bonus okay?

You 9:15 AM

ok

Brian McHugh 9:15 AM

How do you want your name to appear on the check, also I need you to provide me with an email where the check can be sent to?

You 9:16 AM

John Gonzalez

JohnG@hotm.com

Brian McHugh 9:16 AM

All we need from you is good work and trust,you will enjoy every moment working with us

You 9:17 AM

ok

Brian McHugh 9:17 AM

Please hold on...……..I will let you know as soon as the check as been sent okay

You 9:17 AM

ok

Brian McHugh 9:28 AM

Hello the check has just been sent to you I believe you got it ?

You 9:32 AM

I did

Brian McHugh 9:33 AM

Alright...…….How long will it take you to have the check deposited

You 9:34 AM

Later today. once I do, then what is the next step?

Brian McHugh 9:36 AM

Okay as soon as the check is printed out and deposited please send me a screenshot for documentation so we proceed further

You 9:37 AM

will do

Brian McHugh 9:41 AM

Good I will be on standby

this recruitment fraud is very rampant these days. This the version 2.0 of Nigerian scam.
I encountered multiple instances in last 2-4 month, strange thing, these companies originates (HQ) in either Vadodara or Gurgaon.
Height was - One joker didn't even want to share the company name but want detail like my adhar card, cowin ID/vaccine state, etc ... says it mandatory for application :D

Back