Bheja fry, the epic tale ends.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijayninel

Recruit
today even low end processors can run high end applications for most peoples needs. the sound card is almost dead.the graphics processors will meet a similar fate with most of the gpus going onboard. already amd has started to make cpus with a gp core.:cool2:

vij said:
Sound card aint dead and onboard GPUs always had a different kind of marklet...

oh yes it is. just go to any shop in hyderabad and ask for a sound card. the face of the salesman will give you the answer.
and you can play a lot of good games on onboards nowadays. they are as good as high power graphic cards of yesterday. the amd780 is really awesome.:D

thakur.jpg

vij said:
Sound card never had a largescale market. Besides quality still scores with the section of people it used to cater to prev...

Well, if you want to play the good games of yesteryears then onboard will do... But I am not talking of the games of yesteryears, so we need more power than the card of yesteryears... Simple :)
you can play games of today with onboards. i could run cod4 with the outdated 6100 onboard. and the soundcards are mostly for fooling people. people think that they are getting better quality sound just because if it is comming from a card. if you were to put these people through a double blind test then they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between onboard and a card.:eek:hyeah:

noonboards cant go that far but you can play the game and enjoy it. there is a term known a audiophool, i suggest you reserch more on such people.

vijayninel said:
noonboards cant go that far but you can play the game and enjoy it. there is a term known a audiophool, i suggest you reserch more on such people.

One Q. What speaker/sound card combo have you tried out?

vijayninel said:
people think that they are getting better quality sound just because if it is comming from a card. if you were to put these people through a double blind test then they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between onboard and a card.

That's some bold statement... maybe that works for you, trying to make yourself believe into not spending on a soundcard. And it's perfectly ok, if you really can't make out the difference, you shouldn't. No wonder, you researched on the term audiophool. :p

I'm no sound expert myself, and I actually gave up on audiophilia as I realized that I was listening more to devices than music. But I still appreciate listening to good sound than being happy and naive with whatever (crappy onboard) that I have and any sane person with proper set of ears and a brain can make out the difference between good, average and bad sound output.

Anyway... this thread has drifted dramatically from nVidia/Intel issue to sound and what not. I suggest you stop crapping around and open a new thread if at all, you wanna make your point (if it holds any water anyway :p)

in audiophool terminology people who claim to hear what others dont are called "golden ears". while sound cards do have their place in several scientific double blind tests golden ears have failed to detect differences between various sound systems. in many cases such they refused to take the test.

if it suits your highly bloated ego to buy the most expensive card that comes along then i am most happy for you.

wheeeeeeee....all hail thee techboi reincarnation..im so happy now. Will enjoy some entertainment after long time.:hap2:

btw..any sane person with even entry level decent soundcard,speakers can tell the difference in quality..(ofc the sound being played shd be goof quality)

vijayninel said:
today even low end processors can run high end applications for most peoples needs. the sound card is almost dead.the graphics processors will meet a similar fate with most of the gpus going onboard. already amd has started to make cpus with a gp core.:cool2:
vijayninel said:
oh yes it is. just go to any shop in hyderabad and ask for a sound card. the face of the salesman will give you the answer.
and you can play a lot of good games on onboards nowadays. they are as good as high power graphic cards of yesterday. the amd780 is really awesome.:D
thakur.jpg
vijayninel said:
you can play games of today with onboards. i could run cod4 with the outdated 6100 onboard. and the soundcards are mostly for fooling people. people think that they are getting better quality sound just because if it is comming from a card. if you were to put these people through a double blind test then they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between onboard and a card.:eek:hyeah:
vijayninel said:
vijayninel said:
well i dont have a sound card. but i have heard from such systems ....duno what cards they were.
vijayninel said:
in audiophool terminology people who claim to hear what others dont are called "golden ears". while sound cards do have their place in several scientific double blind tests golden ears have failed to detect differences between various sound systems. in many cases such they refused to take the test.

if it suits your highly bloated ego to buy the most expensive card that comes along then i am most happy for you.
Sangram, Chaos, Zhopey, Funky,, Apollyon, Bladey, Masky, Eazy, Bottle, SupeyCzar, Aces, TechHead, Stormy, Farookh, Eddy, Rahul, Greenie, Saiyan, Udit, Anish, Vandy, Sorcy, Memories_dv, RushabhT, Arun_rulezz, Sandy, Supra, Chicoo, Nukey, sTalker, Freaky, Vinchoo, Sunnyboi(wannabe), Tracerbullet, Puns, Sheroo, ...

Where are you guys?? :p

'audioPHOOLs' :hap5:

Also No more gfx cards peeps coz onboard gpu rules- get them while you can. :O

Get Up, Stand up... feel the Sun, smell the coffee. :p

Vijayninel- i am definitely not an audio whatever u may call- esp coz no moni. :p
But unless u know what cards/equipment were used and what was the quality of the source, even a n00b cannot make a comment on any product. :)

You seem like the totally onboard everything kinda person to me.
(Not saying coz it's not good or anything)
But some like discrete everything- like a discreet bedroom for wifey too maybe. :rofl:
And some want onboard everything- maybe even a kitchen sink and a loo. :p

vijayninel said:

Please pass me some of that weed... pronto!

As far as sound is concerned, i can honestly say I CAN TELL difference between different audio formats, cards, speakers, headphones and codecs. Yes, my ears are very sensitive for that. From the few tests that I ran with group of my friends, i was able to distinguish between 320kbps VBR MP3 and original lossless CD. I can tell the difference between bass and treble reproduction as well as the encoding noise that gets added in the background many times. specially noticeable when there track contains silent sections, section with just 1-2 instruments in background, or sections with only vocals.

If someone calls me a audiofool for that, i am honored :rolleyes: :p

As far as the comment by Nvidia goes. For gaming systems, there is some truth to that. GPU does matter more, and thats why even AMD K8 still makes good gaming platform when coupled with good graphic card. More than competent.

OMG! What have I been running after all this time! :ashamed: Thank you vijay for opening my eyes! Mercury, Intex, Iball - here I come! :eek:hyeah:

Or maybe even these are overkill? Maybe I'll stick to the phree kingfisher headphones I got :hap2:

I am still on AMD K8- works for me. :p

And i love my iBall(s) internet headset more than anything else in this world- coz 96 or 320 kbps- all sound same to me on that.
What a piece of advanced technology :hap2:- totally impartial while rendering any type of audio sample, eh. ;)

vijayninel said:

thakur.jpg

try running crysis on windows xp/vista with all settings high & 2xAA on the latest onboard gfx chip & lets see if you play or watch a slideshow of photos :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RiO said:
Please pass me some of that weed... pronto!

OMG Rio!! You wont believe it but I was just waiting for you to post here wiht "weed" or "grass" in your post and you did !!

vijayninel said:

All hail the return of techboi. Dude are you still getting stuttering on ur X1900XT? Time to dump the card :bleh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back