Car & Bike Bike security systems? Against petrol theft?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi all

Are there any bike security systems?

Last nigh someone took my rear view mirrors and siphoned off petrol from my bike. pulsar 200. my bike alone. There were other bikes also.. :(.

Petrol stealing 3rd time.

Any motion sensing systems? Or any ways?

Please help.

m-J

^^even i am thing of one, with petrol price hike, petrol thief have increased. I too want something like that, someone stole petrol from my bike as well

:(..

Sad mate. This is my third time. Seen few ones from Xenos and roots in ebay and all.. 1~1.5k Any feedback??

You can put a bike alarm system ...available from Blackcat and other similar companies. Also for petrol theft, you can put a 'petrol lock', its a lock that replaces the existing fuel valve, and requires a key to open.

CHeck your local automobile shop. Should hardly cost 300 to 400 bucks. I have one on my bike. Although the lock can be opened by any key (the quality is that good :p), seeing just the lock acts as a deterrent to most such petrol thieves, so they should serve your purpose.

No. That wont work.

I use a p200. One time they opened my tank. the pulsar tank lock is that good. just stick in something and u can open it.

This time they used the pipe from tank switch(On/Off/Res) to Engine. :S.

The 'petrol lock' is available at local auto markets...costs approx 300 or less, depending on quality. It is actually place at the outlet of the tank, from where the fuel exits. It replaces your on / off / reserve switch. You should be able to find good quality ones which don't open with every key.

The bike alarm also works good, if you find one with impact sensors. The alarm sound when anyone touches the bike, when on.

m-jeri said:
No. That wont work.

I use a p200. One time they opened my tank. the pulsar tank lock is that good. just stick in something and u can open it.

This time they used the pipe from tank switch(On/Off/Res) to Engine. :S.

Attachments

• petrol lock.JPG
    petrol lock.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 3,576
Apart from the sensor alarm thing, I dont believe in all these stuffs as they can be easily broken or altered/opened. Thieves are vary about these locks & systems so its really not a big deal for them to jailbreak as oppose to a car.

More to add, they know where the sensors wires are located and so they even hack that thing easily :mad:

Sensor helps only if your bike is parked in front of your home or your blding that too from where you can deactivate the sound.

For people like me who stays in A wing, the parking is in front of B wing sadly where the remote senses wont reach. :(

So its like our cars are safe no matter what but bikes are drilling a burning hole in our pockets.

Still if theres something sense-foolproof we can invest in, then do share.

I've installed one of these flimsy locks. The thing is, even though there is a specific "on" "off" and "reserve" position, it always runs on reserve. My bike doesn't stall when it hits reserve.. Just keeps going!

I live right infront...

and even if they know the wire... the sensor will activate before the cut r8??

Anyone knows any place in mysore for this?? :(

Well announce award for catching petrol theft and that person will get absolutely free petrol for a month &

* no conditions apply but daily free fuel supply :bleh:

My suggestion:

Don't carry extra fuel. Just enough to go from point A to point B. If you do need to go somewhere far, just fill up the tank for that day only. the aim is to minimize the quantity of fuel present in tank. I do the same. Less fuel means less incentive for thief to steal it. And even if the fuel gets stolen, the loss I incur is minimal.

Its Little inconvenient to get petrol every day but it hardly takes few minutes. And not to forget this is most effective & practical method when compared to those silly locks that can be broken easily:D

Yup same here. I too fill even when m going out & so usually roam on reserve

They are chindichors who will try to grab whatever they can.

Back