Car & Bike Bike security systems? Against petrol theft?

I have my petrol stolen a couple of times, but they/he did not empty the reserve. I could still ride it to a petrol pump to fill up! Pretty nice of him!

Well what I think, these petrol thieves are no smart thieves but chindichors who buy a bike but couldn't afford petrol.. So installing a good petrol lock which doesn't open with any key would be a good option... These chors won't be so smart to make efforts for opening the lock..they will just skip it and look for another bike without petrol lock...

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

If your bike is parked right outside your house, in addition to petrol lock, you can also look at cctv camera setup. it will help you catch the thief (who may as well be your neighbour) :)

Regards,

Mohit

Update.

So i bought a Xenos security system for 900 bucks. Got 1 year warranty. There were no small shock sensor. But u hit anywhere in the bike the alarm sounds. Got the electric start also. Now need to get new Rear View mirrors for 120 each.

Also got a Petrol valve lock for 110 from the same place. Got both got 1000.

Installed both in a near by workshop. 150 bucks.

So total 1150.

Only bummer i have is that the petrol valve lock needs the key to be INSIDE in ON and RES. So guess i need to get a chain now. No issues. worth the 3 time stealing worry i had. :(

blr_p said:
How would a thief determine which bike has enough petrol worth stealing ?
90% of the bikes will have at least one pepsi bottle worth of petrol to steal from.. So It doesn't matter which random bike the thief chooses...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

m-jeri said:
Only bummer i have is that the petrol valve lock needs the key to be INSIDE in ON and RES. So guess i need to get a chain now. No issues. worth the 3 time stealing worry i had. :(
Agreed that its a pain to carry that key all the time. You won't get anywhere far without it :p which is why I have a spare key stocked in my helmet! :D

eternoMind said:
So they go with the one that makes the most sloshing sound when they shake the bike back & fro.

If only that sound could be damped someway or the wheels locked so you cant move the bike.

blueren said:
90% of the bikes will have at least one pepsi bottle worth of petrol to steal from.. So It doesn't matter which random bike the thief chooses...
This is actually better because if there's lods of bikes, your chances are pretty good of not getting hit. But that increases if there's fewer bikes and how lonely the street you park in is.

The other point is how much typically gets stolen, am getting the impression thats its a bottle worth. If thats the case then you want to have more than a bottle in your bike to be safe. Better than running out midway. Or is that not a good idea.

Am asking this question as you have to figure some way of fooling the thief. How they decide which to go for is the key.

is their any tracking system too for bikes .

can be handy in times like bike theift it self rather than petrol ?????

can any body post a link and price to such system???>?

hahaha, this is the last thing i wanted to read, protect petrol

ok ok ok on a serious note, it is not that hard to take off the entire bike petrol tank.

Finale thought to end this debate-

dump your bike & get an age old maruti 800 1998 model.

install autocop and there you go free minded.

You get----a nice average, no fuel theft, no ones gonna steal you car even if thats the last resort though, get protection from scorching heat & upcoming rains & lastly enjoy 4 gals in one go :bleh:

where in mysore do you stay?i have friends in some places who've had their vehicles jacked,my scooter was drained of petrol once too.near hebbal or some place.we once set a trap and caught a fellow once too,but the thefts continue.

ronit said:
Finale thought to end this debate-
dump your bike & get an age old maruti 800 1998 model.
install autocop and there you go free minded.

You get----a nice average, no fuel theft, no ones gonna steal you car even if thats the last resort though, get protection from scorching heat & upcoming rains & lastly enjoy 4 gals in one go :bleh:
Wonder how many gals would hop on to a 800 as opposed to the newer models today :D

surajspai said:
where in mysore do you stay?i have friends in some places who've had their vehicles jacked,my scooter was drained of petrol once too.near hebbal or some place.we once set a trap and caught a fellow once too,but the thefts continue.
:(.

I am in hebbal.

Back