BioShock 2 India Price revealed...

tarey_g said:
The PC version is available for low price because the game companies don't have to pay console manufacturer royalty and some other licensing fees.

MS,Sony and Nintendo get huge share from the sales. The 2600/- Rs console version and 699/- Rs PC version will benefit the publishing studio equally.
Console gamers forget that buying the hardware was only a part of paying the console manufacturer.

But.. some greedy companies like Activision had almost same price for the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 as for the consoles. Whole 60$ with no royalties to pay. No wonder it was pirated insanely.
not completely true, buddy...

It is true that console games have to pay royalty to the MS and Sony, but that isnt much. This is why in US, most PC games are priced just 10$ less than their Console counterparts.

Indian pricing is something very unique. The PC game prices are very very low compared to anywhere. I think the credit should go to the local publishing company (Milestone, I think). Not sure. Or maybe the game companies feel that by pricing it so low, they can compete with piracy. Well, this does seem to work to some extent. Works with me though :hap2:

pretttt said:
not completely true, buddy...

Yeah, maybe not entirely accurate, but last week i was watching a onlive demonstration and during the demo Steve Perlman showed the figures of the huge cuts that console manufacturers get from games. That video is available and is impressive, although OnLive service not for hardcore PC gamers, hence not for me.

It is true that console games have to pay royalty to the MS and Sony, but that isnt much. This is why in US, most PC games are priced just 10$ less than their Console counterparts.

Indian pricing is something very unique. The PC game prices are very very low compared to anywhere. I think the credit should go to the local publishing company (Milestone, I think). Not sure. Or maybe the game companies feel that by pricing it so low, they can compete with piracy. Well, this does seem to work to some extent. Works with me though

Actually that royalty is the reason, why MS and X360 owners are selling the console. They make a loss on hardware sales.

But you have a point on the Indian pricing being low, the console prices would be lower too if M$ and Sony decided on different royalties for Asian countries.

Aces170 said:
Actually that royalty is the reason, why MS and X360 owners are selling the console. They make a loss on hardware sales.
But you have a point on the Indian pricing being low, the console prices would be lower too if M$ and Sony decided on different royalties for Asian countries.

hmm, let me put it this way, PC games dont have any royalty, correct?. Yet, they are priced only 10$ less than the console games in those countries. So, if you are attributing the difference in price to royalty, then that comes to only 10$. In reality, I think it is much more. Also, PC games are simply priced higher there owing to whatever reason.

also, I would love to see the console games prices coming down. I mean, the price of the games is the ONLY thing stopping me from buying a console now. If the game prices come down to PC levels, I'd buy a console in a heartbeat and forget upgrading my PC.

anyways, lets not discuss this in this thread.... this is for Bioshock 2 :)

The PC pricing is low because India has manufacturing unit for PC game discs but for XBox360 & PS3 there are no manufacturing units for HD DVD & bluray. All have to be imported.

thx for the info,will definately buy this... also heard that there is tons of multiplayer in Bioshock 2 ,so it is 100% worth buying:)

I too think that this is the reason why PC games are cheap; no blu-ray printing in India yet.

nitinveer said:
The PC pricing is low because India has manufacturing unit for PC game discs but for XBox360 & PS3 there are no manufacturing units for HD DVD & bluray. All have to be imported.

nitinveer said:

LOL you really think that is the reason the console discs are priced so high?!

By the way..Bioshock I was heavily influenced by Ayn Rand's 'Atlas Shrugged'. It had tone and elements of a similar capitalistic and dystopian society. Really looking forward to this game. Hope it is just as immersive and good looking.

mav2000 said:
I didnt like it at first, but after like 1 hour of gameplay it suddenly got a whole lot better....one of the best stories around for games and nice with lots of spooky touches.

i cant agree mroe ^^ it was an epic game people!

asingh said:
By the way..Bioshock I was heavily influenced by Ayn Rand's 'Atlas Shrugged'. It had tone and elements of a similar capitalistic and dystopian society. Really looking forward to this game. Hope it is just as immersive and good looking.

yea, afaik whole of BioShock is like one big homage to Ayn Rand's writings. Even the name Fontaine comes from "The Fountainhead" (another book of her's). When I finished BioShock, I was really curious to read these books, but never really got to it.

pretttt said:
yea, afaik whole of BioShock is like one big homage to Ayn Rand's writings. Even the name Fontaine comes from "The Fountainhead" (another book of her's). When I finished BioShock, I was really curious to read these books, but never really got to it.

If you can..read them in this order:

1. We the Living.
2. The Fountainhead.
3. Atlas Shrugged.

Excellent. Though..looking forward to B.S. 2....!

Back