BioShock 2 India Price revealed...

^Why don't you stick to your regular eBay thread and stop spamming around lest the mods should ban you permanently and your IP as well?

Am i the only one who did not like the game? Except for the atmosphere and cohesive story i dont see anything great about the game. The gameplay can be best described as mediocre. Oh well, thats just me then.

I'm too early into the game to comment, however, it feels the same for me. I hate not being able to sprint using the Big Daddy. Also why are the cut-scenes rendered in such low quality? :S

^Yep. It's more like an expansion pack with a few things changed. Nothing major either in the graphics department, nor in the gameplay. Still it's fun :p

Well for me it was fun first time around. I will wait for some of the better releases rather then wasting my time on this.

Few good games which have offered something different in the last year or so are the ones where the the lead character doesn't use guns. Mirror's edge and Batman AA with the exception of COD:MW2 are one of the better games which have come out in the last year or so.

Switch said:
Well for me it was fun first time around. I will wait for some of the better releases rather then wasting my time on this.

Few good games which have offered something different in the last year or so are the ones where the the lead character doesn't use guns. Mirror's edge and Batman AA with the exception of COD:MW2 are one of the better games which have come out in the last year or so.

Don't forget dragon age. Game of the year. :D
I am on 4th playthrough.

bioshock 2 picks up after the first couple of levels. sure, it's not new but it's still quite a fun and immersive game. finished it yesterday, took me 13 hours to complete, and i enjoyed it.

spindoctor said:
bioshock 2 picks up after the first couple of levels. sure, it's not new but it's still quite a fun and immersive game. finished it yesterday, took me 13 hours to complete, and i enjoyed it.
Does the ending indicate the possibility of another sequel? Alternate ending?

spindoctor said:

How would you rate it vs. the original. Also how are the graphics. How taxing is it on the system hardware...?

Ethan_Hunt said:
Does the ending indicate the possibility of another sequel? Alternate ending?

the game has 4 endings, but they're not vastly different. it's basically the same ending with different moods and emotions. and yea, 2k games have talked about the bioshock franchise having 5 games, so i definitely think they will be making more. the story of bioshock 2 is fairly limited in scope as compared to the first one, but yes, it does have an open ending.

asingh said:
How would you rate it vs. the original. Also how are the graphics. How taxing is it on the system hardware...?

it's not as good as the original, but that's not really a flaw. the first time we played bioshock, everything was new. the whole concept of rapture, the objectivist philosophy behind it's creation, the story of it's rise and fall, a couple of very neat twists at the end plus gameplay elements like plasmids, sisters, daddies etc... all this was brand new. the second one obviously doesn't have this many new things in it. in a sense, there is a bit of fatigue when you go back to rapture.

however, after the first couple of levels, it gets fairly immersive. the gameplay is better realized, the story is pretty good too. the level design is kind of open and it rewards exploration. it's fun to play, and it's also longer than the first game. it's not going to have the same impact that the first did, but it's a fine game none the less.

graphics are basically the same as the first game. it's not at all taxing on modern hardware... i was running at 1920x1080 with everything maxed out, 4xS mixed mode antialiasing and 16x af and it stayed locked at 60fps with vsync. it's also very smooth... no sluggishness that is sometimes associated with ue3 games. it has a bunch of technical issues and quirks though, which kind of makes it feel a bit rushed but it's nothing that you can't deal with.

Back