BioShock 2 India Price revealed...

spindoctor said:
the game has 4 endings, but they're not vastly different. it's basically the same ending with different moods and emotions. and yea, 2k games have talked about the bioshock franchise having 5 games, so i definitely think they will be making more. the story of bioshock 2 is fairly limited in scope as compared to the first one, but yes, it does have an open ending.

it's not as good as the original, but that's not really a flaw. the first time we played bioshock, everything was new. the whole concept of rapture, the objectivist philosophy behind it's creation, the story of it's rise and fall, a couple of very neat twists at the end plus gameplay elements like plasmids, sisters, daddies etc... all this was brand new. the second one obviously doesn't have this many new things in it. in a sense, there is a bit of fatigue when you go back to rapture.

however, after the first couple of levels, it gets fairly immersive. the gameplay is better realized, the story is pretty good too. the level design is kind of open and it rewards exploration. it's fun to play, and it's also longer than the first game. it's not going to have the same impact that the first did, but it's a fine game none the less.

graphics are basically the same as the first game. it's not at all taxing on modern hardware... i was running at 1920x1080 with everything maxed out, 4xS mixed mode antialiasing and 16x af and it stayed locked at 60fps with vsync. it's also very smooth... no sluggishness that is sometimes associated with ue3 games. it has a bunch of technical issues and quirks though, which kind of makes it feel a bit rushed but it's nothing that you can't deal with.

how is the multipayer does it suffer from crappy matchmaking system??

don't get me started on the multiplayer. forget matchmaking, the game design itself sucks. it's absolutely ****ing horrible. totally amateur shit. they should have focused on polishing the singleplayer instead of adding on the abomination that is the multiplayer mode. i played it for 30 mins and i'll never touch it again.

spindoctor said:
the game has 4 endings, but they're not vastly different. it's basically the same ending with different moods and emotions. and yea, 2k games have talked about the bioshock franchise having 5 games, so i definitely think they will be making more. the story of bioshock 2 is fairly limited in scope as compared to the first one, but yes, it does have an open ending.
Excellent! I was hoping for a grand storyline, since BioShock's ending had left endless possibilities. Diverting the story from Jack to that of a Big Daddy was kind of surprising to me, exciting nevertheless. 13 hours is a big investment, hope to start it once I'm done with Mass Effect.

That is so disappointing. I was looking forward to the MP. :(

spindoctor said:
don't get me started on the multiplayer. forget matchmaking, the game design itself sucks. it's absolutely ****ing horrible. totally amateur shit. they should have focused on polishing the singleplayer instead of adding on the abomination that is the multiplayer mode. i played it for 30 mins and i'll never touch it again.

played the game today

the is good but not like revolutionary likke first one
very similar to first one
and i believe the developer team is also changed

i read somewhere it was most anticipated game for 2010

kishan_razor said:
played the game today

the is good but not like revolutionary likke first one
very similar to first one
and i believe the developer team is also changed

i read somewhere it was most anticipated game for 2010

like i said earlier, the game really picks up after the first couple of levels or so. don't judge it before you've played a good portion of it... the gameplay is actually better realized in this game than the older one.

sujithbvm said:
Hey any one got an idea of the wide screen fix for Bioshock 2 ?

Has it been released yet?:huh:

yes, the fix has been released. it will autodownload from gfwl when you launch the game.

The gameplay/textures are not a tiny bit different from the first game. Only thing that seems to have changed is the hacking minigames and ability to use the offhand for plasmids. Voice actors and content depth is just as wonderful as the first game.

^LOL. :p

Btw I was done with Bioshock 2 yesterday. Thought of putting my 2 cents down. Brilliant game - no second thoughts on this. I think I liked Bioshock 1 over this. I quite cannot figure out why. I think the first time Rapture city made it, I must've liked it. And so did the big daddies and the protagonist of the game. As for the ending, I had saved all the little sister in the game, so led me to a different ending. I'm sure harvesting them will lead to an alternate ending. The gameplay as I said before was very good.

Looking forward for Bioshock 3. :)

Guys i have a problem in enabling AA in bioshock 2.

Any ways to enable it? I have a ATI 4850 GPU.

I have also tried forcing the AA from the ATI Control Panel but no use:huh:

Not sure why I didn't like this game. Played for like 30 minutes. Its all the same as the previous one. Just few cosmetic changes. Similar plot, similar surroundings. I am uninstalling it today.

Back