BioShock Infinite - Discussion Thread

Yes, but Bioshock 2 wasn't an Irrational Product. It was made by 2K Marin. Most people didn't like it as much as the first game.

Guys, I have been away for sometime due to work and travel, wanna get back to some gaming, have been hearing rave reviews about this one. The question is can I directly play this one, or is it imperative to play the firs 2?

Without spoiling anything, you'd get about 98% of the experience if you play this directly. It's set in a different time and place, so it's not a direct sequel. However, there's a very clever reference to the first game and its setting.

Either way, you should play this game, and if you have the time, play the first Bioshock before it. It's a fantastic game as well. I personally haven't played the second game, but I'll try to make the time for it - especially the Minerva's Den DLC.

Without spoiling anything, you'd get about 98% of the experience if you play this directly. It's set in a different time and place, so it's not a direct sequel. However, there's a very clever reference to the first game and its setting.

Either way, you should play this game, and if you have the time, play the first Bioshock before it. It's a fantastic game as well. I personally haven't played the second game, but I'll try to make the time for it - especially the Minerva's Den DLC.

Thanks for that, think Ill go ahead and procure the game.

During the last few mins the game explains everything. Play the first one first. If you don't know what rapture is/was you may not get the climax properly. But if you don't care about story then its okay to play it first because i found this game better and more interesting than the first. But the first one is good too with a clever story.

I started playing Bioshock 2 and tbh it was the most addictive game I ever played (other than DotA :p ). Saw the trailer of the latest Bioshock and I was really eager to play it...... BUT 5 weeks back my GPU got destroyed. Still trying to get a good mid-ranged GPU. Can someone suggest a good one plz?

My config : Intel i5 - 2400 CPU, 3.1 Ghz, 4 GB RAM (DDR 3), 500 GB HDD.

I started playing Bioshock 2 and tbh it was the most addictive game I ever played (other than DotA :p ). Saw the trailer of the latest Bioshock and I was really eager to play it...... BUT 5 weeks back my GPU got destroyed. Still trying to get a good mid-ranged GPU. Can someone suggest a good one plz?

My config : Intel i5 - 2400 CPU, 3.1 Ghz, 4 GB RAM (DDR 3), 500 GB HDD.

This is the game's discussion thread not a GPU recommendation thread.

Please start a new thread in the relevant section. Members may be able to guide you better.

I thought the 2 one got repetitive pretty soon and I dropped it midway...has that changed ??? I have heard a lot about the story but hows gameplay ??

Is it mandatory to play the first two? Haven't played those and already bought the Infinite. Haven't started playing Infinite yet though. What do you guys suggest?

Played 2 hours of this. Really good so far! I skipped the original Bioshock halfway through for various reasons, but I'm liking this one better. Really love the bright colours as opposed to the dark tone of BioShock.

Not a big fan of the combat though. In BioShock games, I've always felt that the guns felt cheap and lightweight, and the enemies felt like dummies with no real character, rather than real people out for your blood. Compare this to Half-Life 2 or Max Payne, where each gun packed an awesome punch and you could really feel each kill. There's a huge element of that that's missing in all Bioshock games, including this one.

Played over 75% of the game. Nothing needs to be said about the story but that it's nothing short of amazing! Also my opinion about the combat changed over time. It's really good and challenging and the sky hooks add a level of verticality, making the combat that much more interesting.

Done with the game! Absolutely awesome journey. What I like:
  • The game really fosters a great emotional connection with Elizabeth.
  • Great story with lots of confusing stuff about parallel realities - food for thought.
  • The awesome visuals and art do a great job of setting the stage for the story.
  • Awesome soundtracks that kick in at just the right moments during the game.
  • Really good combat with a lot of verticality - skyhooks are awesome!

Back