BioShock Infinite - Discussion Thread

Finally completed this masterpiece. It's straight up the best game I've ever played and one of the finest creative works I've experienced across any medium. Genius.

I know many will argue with me for this but Irrational Games just made the entire Half-Life series look like run of the mill shooters. And I'm a Valve fanboy.

Completed it!! :D

OMG... what a game, what a terrific game!!! I was left at utter awe at the final chapter of the game. It's so beautifully crafted and synced together. I admit I lost my way a bit amidst all the gunfights and it took me quite a few minutes to let the entire final chapter sink in. The way the game looks, the graphical finesse and the sheer immersion is brilliant. Ran like a champ on my HD7850.

I'm short of words, short of superlatives to describe the sheer magnanimity of this title. Thank-you to the developers and a big thumbs-up to the entire team who made this title. My utmost *RESPECT*.

P.S. I owe a huge thanks to @Gannu and a beer for recommending this title. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just completed the title. Terrific game! Hands down, the best title to have come this year. Amazing story and artstyle. The emotional bonding between DeWitt and Elizabeth was so well scripted and narrated. The voice actor for DeWitt - Troy Baker did a brilliant job! Memorable characterisation too. Just as the Big Daddy and Little Sisters from the previous titles. Kudos to the devs. at Irrational Games - these folks know to make some really memorable titles. Another GOTY contender for this year.

The only gripe (if I may call that one) was the combat during certain occasions towards the later chapters. I used to quickly run out of ammo and then eventually die. Elizabeth used to help DeWitt by throwing ammunitions, salts, health etc. but then the maximum permissible ammo that can be carried per weapon was a bit too less, despite all the upgrades. I just loved riding on the Skyline and taking down the enemies from it. :happy:

Well it's a Bioshock game. You can run from point to point and complete it quickly but it is HIGHLY recommended to take your time with it and explore every nook and cranny. The voxophones you find really fill you in on what's happening and the more time you put into the game, and by that extent the characters and Columbia, the more you get out of it. As much as I could, I tried to pick up every audio log, interact with every object and visit every square inch of a building.

Take it slowly or the game might leave you very puzzled when you're done with it. Immerse yourself and you'll probably have your mind blown. Try to pay attention to every little detail, including the dialogue - I can almost guarantee it paying off. That being said, there are a few optional quests.

Is it such a short game?

Yeah about 10-12 hours tops. I didn't bother listening to all the voxophones. There are so many scattered around the levels and it plays in the background, sometimes becoming a nuisance! There are not many side quests other than deciphering some symbols encrypted on the walls and hunting for extra goodies. But despite doing all this, it wouldn't prolong the gameplay time much.

Heh chuck that. You know what is short? Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel! I think I might just wrap the title before crashing tonight. I started in the evening around 6:15 odd and crossed half of the game already. I couldn't believe this when I saw the chapter progression after quitting it. :hilarious:[DOUBLEPOST=1364743206][/DOUBLEPOST]
The part about Booker being Comstock?

Yeah except that they were in parallel worlds. And that Elizabeth is his daughter Anna DeWitt, whose initials are inscribed/tattooed on his right hand.

That wasn't really hard!

I just started the game and the moment I entered Columbia, I was only standing still for a couple of minutes trying to slap myself to believe it's fictional. The intro section of the game at the docks has probably got the best texture detail I have ever seen in any game till date. The effect of water over those tiled area was so crisply rendered. Never have I witnessed a city being so lively where almost everyone is busy with their own gossip and activities. I grabbed every voxophones I could find. It's too bad the game doesn't allow subtitles for it. The story seems to be highly derivative of Christian religion. I knew there were a lot of Biblical references in the first game, but Infinite seems highly influenced with it.

Anyway, I'm experiencing a minor amount of stuttering here and there, despite having the latest nVidia drivers in place. Guess I'll stall it, till I get my new processor installed.

The stuttering is a major annoyance for everyone regardless of hardware. There are workarounds but no complete fixes. Sadly, the only thing that worked on my rig was to turn down the texture detail to normal but it still looked amazing. I haven't seen art direction like this since the original Bioshock. You should probably find yourself a workaround that helps and continue playing through. It's not something a new processor would fix, but perhaps a patch. This is a game that you'll want to play again anyway :)

Yeah I found it a bit odd that the voxophones didn't have subtitles but you can still hit O to read the transcripts if you missed something.

Gannu, I think certain voxophones are key to understanding important information such as

who the Luteces are, how they were killed by Jeremiah Fink, Why Comstock went sterile and had to steal a child from Booker (not entirely sure if this was in a voxophone or shown through a tear when you fight the Siren), why Daisy Fitzroy started a revolution... among other things. Then there are just many fun facts like how pop music from the future came to Columbia :)

One thing which i didn't understand is why Comstock wanted Elizabeth and what is the bird made of ? I really wanted to fight him but..

One thing which i didn't understand is why Comstock wanted Elizabeth and what is the bird made of ? I really wanted to fight him but..

Comstock wanted to destroy America but the archangel told him that it would not be him who would carry out the task but his child. He tried to procreate with Lady Comstock but all the tear travel made him age rapidly and go sterile. Since he needed his own flesh and blood, he takes the help of the Lutece “twins" to make a deal with Booker who went on to father a child in his reality.

As for Songbird, he was stolen tech from another reality. You can find the blueprints lying around somewhere in the game.

What were those references to SongBird ? Frankly speaking the video which was shown 2 years back it actually gave a hint that you would fight Songbird

What reference exactly? I'm happy we didn't fight Songbird because he wasn't actually evil and was just too powerful anyway. It was a nice way to show off Elizabeth's awakened powers when she instantly teleported them to Rapture to drown him.

Looks like my stuttering issue is fixed. Installed the new processor and found a tweak on YouTube. Now have everything maxed out, except Ambient Occlusion (which is off), it constant 60fps. I'll avoid visiting this thread as there seem to be spoilers flying all over the place. Just missed looking at it as the webpage was loading slowly and the spoiler tags didn't get activated. Phew, talk about a close call.

Back