Blaze...anyone?

Kumar

Skilled
Hi all!

I want to buy a vehicle for me and my sister. After going through many options ive zeroed in on the Kinetic Blaze.

1. Its going to be driven by me and my sister (so a bike won't do)

2. But it will be mainly be driven by me (so bike like power is important as i am 88KGs and couple that with a pillion rider and you can see the picture).

3. The blaze has a good storage space for carrying stuff like groceries and a good under seat bay for the helmet.

4.It looks quiet cool and is powerfull.

So do you guys have any experiance with the blaze? Also, is there anything I need to know before i get the vehicle?

@Nuke666

The active looks very tiny when im astride dude. Thats why i ruled out the Dio too.

@Hmasalia

Did you think i didn't read all that?:tongue:

well i know u would have surely read it....

but i did show my initiative n search for it.....

now dont i deserve something for the trouble taken :p

Its a decent bike. A friend of mine has it. Only thing, its got a very cheap feel to it.. The plastic at places looks very fragile

And also it isn't exactly suitable for a really tall person to drive, or else you'll be driving it like a chetak[e.g. legs dangling out].. lol

i have test drive it and its just too good :D ..... power is enuf ..... comfort levels are high ..... the rear seat feels like couch lol .....

but there are many repliability issues ...... kinetic has messed up a good product lol ..... heard these from many blaze owners ...... i won't suggest for this bike :)

The newer Kinetic bikes are not very reliable in the long run, (compared to the eternal Kinetic honda !)...The blaze looks flashy all right, but it has a very rough engine...and as Ankit said, the plastic quality is really sad..it starts to rattle n squeak after a few months...mileage is nothing to write home about...and the resale value is no good either...

I'd still suggest u to go with honda Activa...it is a very sturdy and reliable scooter....and u may think it looks puny, but its engine is very capable and can carry all the weight without feeling underpowered at all..The Activa revived the scooter market in India and not without reason...it indeed is a very very good bike...u shud have no issues with its resale value either...:)

the Dio has the same 100cc Engine that powers the activa....its just the exterior that differs... i personally like the Dio more and given ur issues of size :p i might suggest the dio over the activa

Err...on the contrary, i think the Activa will suit u more..:ashamed: The dio looks more puny than the Activa...and dio has problems with durability too..Activa is a proven machine...if i were u, i'd get the activa with my eyes closed...neways, i quiet happy with my Unicorn..:D

After owning & riding ~3 kinetic vehicles..i've decided NEVER to buy any of their anymore.

Before anyone tells its not kinetic..yea i know its OEM import...the thing is they charge like hell for spares & they are not always available...just get her a Bajaj Product/HH product & be happy.:)!

super_saiyan said:
After owning & riding ~3 kinetic vehicles..i've decided NEVER to buy any of their anymore.

Before anyone tells its not kinetic..yea i know its OEM import...the thing is they charge like hell for spares & they are not always available...just get her a Bajaj Product/HH product & be happy.:)!

I always wondered why you bought the GF 170 in the first place :p

err...k..seems i m the only blaze owner here. :eek:hyeah:

Heres a review:

Comfort +1 u HAVE to experience the front seat

Ample leg room, try it.

Been 10 months. i regularly get 35 kmpl (unless i have one hell of a freaky day n unleash it on a nice long stretch of the highway 80-90 easy n rock stable at that :bleh: ..then its 30, else keep it at like 40-55 as far as possible n ur lookin at 35kmpl :hap2: )

get the disc brake version, the drums not so good at stopping from 70-0 :bleh:

Get a test ride...the engine might be louder but it blows the activa/dios away....equals most 150ccs :p (the driver loses 1 gearshift on time n hes toast while ur perfect everytime ;) )

Build/plastic quality, yes, my only gripe.... n me lucky that kinetic pune service is good. hey especially like to take care of blaze owners as its the flagship :p so me ok that way. check service/dealer ur place.

but IMO, the comfort/engine/ride more than makes up for it. :clap:

EDIT: n i forgot to mention, my roomie has an activa. so have tried both side by side too..the activa just cant keep up ever :p n with the 2 of us (both 70 each :) its a very tight squeeze on the activa. no such problem with the blaze. Now when we both are going out we just take the blaze no questions asked :p

EDIT: Another point u want to check..bit higher than normal back seat...short girls might need to first climb on the side step n then swing on ;) not that big an issue tho.....

err...the activa gives 40 under same ridin conditions..esp with a 70k guy on top :p i have tried it. so not much of a tradeoff considering all the advantages.....

Back