Blur – Gaming heaven in Chennai

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Six Wiis, seven PlayStation 3s, ten Xbox 360s, a bunch of PCs running 8800GTs and a massive selection of arcade games in one place? Gaming heaven. But not satisfied with that, the guys behind Blur, went one step further and threw in the most comfy-looking recliners, a café, and a bowling alley, to make sure you’ll never want to go back home.

Blur is a massive gaming lounge spread out over 15,000 square feet at the Sathyam Complex in Chennai. Only recently launched, everything a gamer could ever want is here, they even have PS2s, PSPs and Nintendo DSs.

And unlike some other game lounges in the country that will make you consider buying a PS3 rather than paying for an hour there, Blur is surprisingly affordable; Rs 60 for an hour of PC or console gaming, Rs 300 for unlimited gaming on a weekday and Rs 400 for weekends. They even have a monthly package.

There’s nothing much I can really say about Blur; the pictures speak for themselves. But if you do want to read more about Chennai’s new gaming haven, head over to the TechSutra blog for rates and more detailed info on Blur (and a big thanks to Manu for the heads up).

Click third link for more photos courtesy Harish Anand of Influx Interactive.

Courtesy- sam Blur – Gaming heaven in Chennai - GamingIndians

Blur - Console, Arcade and PC Gaming, Now in Chennai

Picasa Web Albums - Harish - Blur

----------------------------------------

Chennai guys rejoice. You folks have the best gaming pub in india. :clap: :hap2:
Jerin

The photos look amazing. Guys from GI already visited the place. so its real.

according to their nos. lie level 5..6..6a..i am guessing multi storied building.

Kudos to the founders..Finally Gaming is actually being recognized well..

p.s There is one in blore. The living room.but costly.200 buck/hr.

hey guys the place looks heavenly atleast to a hard core gamer like me.....look at the place filled with everything a gamer would ever eye on...

Awesome find....

Wonderful place. 60Rs/hr is a great price.

Lets see...Suppose, 30 of their gaming stations(PC, Xbox and PS3) are booked for 8 hrs a day. 30x8x60x30 comes to 4.32L. Maintanence, power, rent will cut deep through this figure and they wont make much in the end in this scenario...

This place in a building that has a multiplex... I had seen the ads when I had visited the multiplex.. But had no idea the place was THIS huge...... I was under the impression that its just another gaming cafe.... I really regret not going there now.. If the above pics were shown in the ads I wud have definitely gone.... :(

Also I have to say the charges are really reasonable..... Rs.300/day for unlimited gaming is great.....

i was supposed to write the entire story of blur in chennai ,had a n appointment with some big gun on last Monday to write abt blur in TE:) , but ma mistake slept off :cry: ,the place is awesome ,just toooo goooood ,monthly unlimited in 2500/- :hap2: ,they have a total of 24 PC's all are c2q,8800GT SLIed,4 Gigs RAM ,but bad is that they are using XP and the headphones they are using are sad some logitech cheapos,else the place is awesome ,and the last time i went to play CS i was given some kind of Vest to put on and play ,its vibrates in the game that was the best part of all :clap:
the Pc config is

27 inch Dell screen
Razer Death Adder Mouse
Razer Keyborad
Mantis Mousepad
500 GB HDD
4GB RAM
2X8800 GT
Cooler Master Armor case

All the PC's are assembled by a company from Blore ( forgot the name)
and what not a real good and comfortable chair for u to actually sleep and play

So how do i get to play ,u need to purchase a prepaid card at Blur its 100Rs/- fo which u get 80Rs/- as ur starting balance and start playing :D

The pics shown are not ads but the place itself looks the same in real , i have spent my entire last weekend there.The staff is really courteous and what not u have a menu card right next top the KB and u can order food which is served directly to the Machine and the price of food is not really costly ,as vij said the money made by management at blur is really less ,coz not every one pays 60/- bcos u have unlimited packages

Below Given is the Price List

Unlimited Pacakages (PC & Consoles)
Unlimited Day Rs 300/-
Unlimited Saturday Rs 400/-
Unlimited Sunday Rs 400/-
Unlimited Month Rs 2500/- (Valid for 30 Days)

Hourly Basis Packages
1 Hour Rs 60
5 Hours Rs 250/-
20 Hours Rs 700/-
50 Hours Rs 2500/-

Bowling Alley
Weekdays Rs 100/- (Per Player Per game )
Weekends Rs 150/- (------"---"----"-----)

Now i guess we can have Chennai meets at Blur ,folks when can we have the next chennai meet ??

the place certainly rocks but as vij posted, this would not earn much revenue, untill and unless the owners are gaming enthusiast i dont think this place will survive long......

Tats right mate the last week i went there i could hardly find any gaming enthusiasts ,there were hardly any rest all were kids and their parent trying hard to play games ;)

*Jaw drops to the floor & shatters to pieces* :O

That's insane. Very hard to believe it's an Indian location. Looks like a foreign gaming exhibition location (minus the booth babes :p). Amazing place. Too bad it's not in Mumbai.

Back