Car & Bike Booking new Swift swift-Diesel or Petrol for city driving?

baccilus said:
I have no idea how they will enforce them. I can already see petrol pump guys being bribed to put in diesel at truck prices.

Nah,that wont happen instead the pump owners will sell you the subsidized diesel at Full price :eek:hyeah:

baccilus said:
These are the end prices I will be getting here in Chandigarh. The issue has recently been resolved. Actually, CSD wasn't paying them their dues.

has it been resolved ?

i asked 2 days back and the date given was 1 sept for opening the sale

Please confirm i am only waiting for it to open

Buying a verna fluidic diseal

sending u a pm also for the same for more details

kuduku said:
has it been resolved ?

i asked 2 days back and the date given was 1 sept for opening the sale

I will confirm this today. Even if it opens after 1st september, there is little chance of me getting the booked car before that.

@Mandeep: This too I will inform by evening today.

at 200-300 km per month, i have to go cancel my earlier statement!:p
diesel would be an overkill for you!
Go with your dad's opinion, petrol is more suitable for you
if the prices you mentioned are On road prices, They are killer prices :O

baccilus said:
I am getting Swift at following prices from CSD:

Vxi: 4.28L

Vdi: 4.87L

Zxi: 4.99L

Ldi: 4.57L

My father seems to be adamant about only the petrol variant since the our usage will be less. He has heard from many people that a diesal engine:

Is too heavy and hence and wear of front wheels is more;

Starts needing repairs sooner than petrol engine

I think I will normally drive it for just about 200-300Km per month.

with kind of monthly run you have petrol makes sense . If you can wait then new swift is coming on 17 august as you will buy petrol version you won't have to wait to get your car

^^ u sure bout that?? new cars will always have waiting periods.. and looking at the history of swift, they can be > 3 months

in swift petrol is easy to get even if there is wait then max. 2week i am sure about it . Reason most of people buy car without thinking and seeing the price of diesel low and FE people will buy diesel version like brainless zombie . if he still get problem let me know i will get him petrol version within 1week but don't expect any discount that way

@Mastersquall: I will only be getting the upcoming model of the Swift Zxi. I have decided to get the Azure grey colour. What do you think?

in colour department i let owner decide because its owner who will going to drive his car so you should go for colour which you like . I like white and black don't forget Red (means you are speed freak X) )

White and Silver are the only colours I prefer in cars. Black looks great till it is scratch free. Once the scratches appear, it looks :mad:

What are your thoughts on Azure grey? By the way the new swift will have a waiting time of 3 months. I will have to wait for 1-2 extra months to buy it from CSD. The sales guy told me that the upcoming swift will have much better interiors and more leg room for rear passengers. Changes to engine are only minor.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can anyone tell me why I can't post in TE from Firefox 5 anymore?

after owning one diesel for over a year i wound recommend a diesel version will be more economical if your run is atleast 20km per day which comes to around 600-700km per month it has got best in class ddis engine with higher torque and powerful than the petrol variant

Well, because of the unavailability of Swift we bought an i20 Asta (Petrol) a couple of weeks back. Had completely forgot about this thread. This car was for my sister who will drive it rarely.

baccilus said:
I need to buy a car in 5-6 lakh for city driving. It will be used just once or twice in a week, rarely more. I have two questions:
1. Is Swift the best car in this range. Please note that I will be getting this through CSD canteen and I have very few options.
2. Should I get the Diesel or Petrol version?

Please note that I will be getting the upcoming model.
Hi baccilus
No fount Maruti Swift is the best option to buy this car is perfect for all condition and had impressive mileage, sporty look and its handling is fabulous. See if you need to travel few kilometers daily in city only then go for petrol because diesel car require maintenance.

Hi this is Bala here.....
Im planning to get a Swift....Which is better either Petrol or Diesel....
I drive normally 40 km a day in week days and in and around 200 km on week ends....so approximately it would be around 1000km per month....
Can u suggest which is best...either Swift ZXI or VDI....

Back