Bosch Washing Machine Drum Replacement

The beads will also mask any smell in the machine. The fragrance lingers in the machine and takes like five washes to completely go away. So you can see how it can lead to issues with clothes and the machine if one isn't aware. The only saving grace here is the price, most won't consider it worth it.

After I ordered some of the beads the owner of Volt called me and offered me a sample of a new product they were launching.
Still, do those beads make clothes smell better than fabric conditioner?

Still, do those beads make clothes smell better than fabric conditioner?
Question of which fragrance you prefer. Many fragrances are available with fabric conditioner. If you find the Volt ones in a store, just squeeze the bottle and smell the top, there is a hole there to give you an idea. This squeeze feature they copied from Downy's unstoppables. Downy's a little more stronger and more complex fragrance compared to Volt.

Out of the three from Volt that I have, I prefer the zen garden over the others. The purple I expected to smell like lavender but it isn't quite that to my disappointment. Just smells like something 'floral' nothing specific. In comparison, Dettol's 'spring-blossom' laundry sanitiser has a nice lavender smell. Dettol's product btw is a twofer. Biocode and perfume. That's how I tackle laundry with odours that just won't go away in a regular wash.

There is one that went out of stock fast so I'm waiting on that one. Funny, it's called 'spring bloom' too :)

The fragrance is better from the clothes from all of them than if you were to smell the beads themselves. It is faint though.

The fablife one I chose to match the scent of Surf. Fablife has sealed tops, so it's buy to try.

Last edited:
Same is my case. If the repair cost is >=50% of the machine cost, then it's a useless brand.

Yes, I have the same problem and I have wordt opinion on this brand now. Cost is 20k and repair cost is 10k. What a funny situation !

But the thing is - even if we are ready to get it repaired with 10k, there is one more trouble - he says the warranty is just 3 months.
So did you replace the drum with 3 months warranty? And post replacement is it working fine so far?
Same is my case. If the repair cost is >=50% of the machine cost, then it's a useless brand.

Yes, I have the same problem and I have wordt opinion on this brand now. Cost is 20k and repair cost is 10k. What a funny situation !

But the thing is - even if we are ready to get it repaired with 10k, there is one more trouble - he says the warranty is just 3 months.

So did you choose to replace the drum with 3 month warranty? And post replacement is the washing machine working fine so far?

is there a legal approach which can be taken as this is similar to extortion?

You will find some like-minded individuals behind this movement:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_repair

To counter this (and increase profits), electronics manufacturing corporations are shifting towards System-on-a-Chip designs. Their end goal is to integrate almost all the microchips in a gadget, so that when it develops a fault, you will have to replace the costly unified microchip. I am yet to come across a microchip-repairing facility.

If you want my opinion on this, I would suggest that instead of forcing private corporations to change their ways, it is better for you to join or support open-source hardware movements. They are the future of a world where electronic-waste generation is minimal.

Belt drive or direct drive ?
You already have a belt drive in your IFB

Direct drive is quieter and has a finer control on movement so allows six different drum motions that gives better wash quality.
Heard in direct drive drum and motor has to be replaced unlike belt drive.
Heard from who?

Drum is the steel basket. If it's damaged you can open the tub which is the plastic that encloses the drum since LG's tubs aren't sealed. If you don't attend to this in time the drum can damage the tub which means tub too will need replacing along with the drum. This applies to any brand.

You can't do partial internal fixes with a Bosch. You would need to get tub and drum as a unit which raises the repair cost to at least half the purchase price.

Motor is separate. If that develops a fault which is rare then in either case the motor has to be replaced if it cannot be fixed.

Last edited:
Back