Android Bought the Nexus5 - Initial impressions and some queries

Got my Nexus 5 16GB on 26th........ I wanted it on xmas day..... and Google had obliged as well..... so they shipped on 24th....... but thx to those FedEx morons having holiday on 25th..... the Phone only reached me on 26th.....

First impression: Love it!....... specially the screen size...... coming frm using Samsung Wave(GT-S8500) 3.3" screen for 3 yrs......
Though I must say I do like the Super AMOLED screen on Wave more than the IPS on N5......

Nxt is the OS...... was used to Bada OS on Wave...... having nvr used Android before......... it was fun to use...... though I was stumped by no apps having "Quit" or "Exit" options....... Using the "Back" button too often even on Chrome until I pushed the Home button;)......

Contacts were no where to be found...... then found ppl:)....... after having used TouchWiz for 3yrs...... this was difficult....... I still dont know how to send sms to someone frm ppl list:p...... can only do it frm Hangout.......

At first I went to chk Android ver..... into Updates...... it had already downloaded the update without asking me:shifty:....... it just asked me to "Restart"....... so I said later...... then I couldnt find the Restart button...... All it shows is Power Off......

Camera seems too eager & jumpy:snaphappy:...... like aimbot is turned ON in an FPS game:D...... always target locking:peeking: on something.......

So far the N5 is Super Fast....... awesome device...... plus I have so many things to learn..... tht many of u might take for granted......

I still havnt found way to create Homescreens(without icons)..... not able find Battery % icon on status........ not able to AM/PM in Status...... not able to arrange menu icons and many more.......

But am sure its going to be a gr8 experience on my first Android Phone:).......

................................................................................... :p

Saw a weird problem with Play Music on Nexus 5. When I use to the seekbar to seek a song from beginning, I am unable to take it to 0:00 but the least I am able to take it to 0:12 at the edge of the screen in portrait mode. Don't know why? anyone one of you faced it?

Saw a weird problem with Play Music on Nexus 5. When I use to the seekbar to seek a song from beginning, I am unable to take it to 0:00 but the least I am able to take it to 0:12 at the edge of the screen in portrait mode. Don't know why? anyone one of you faced it?

lol yup.

facing problem with video playback.. when i played a 720p movie i saw bit shuttering and picture is bit lagging to volume. But when i played same file in my friends s4 there is no lag. using mx video player. dont know what is the problem. also no other services are running i mean free ram is more than 1 gb. any one else faced the same problem?

Coming from an iphone, I found this to be a welcome change. I really liked the build and the screen.
I only wish the audio output quality was better(not satisfied with the audio output), and a little bump in battery life never hurts.

My nexus 5 has been acting strange all day.Could use the 3g or even call anyone for an hour frm my office even when the phone was showing good signal.I thought maybe it's bacuse of some apps i installed yesterday.Rebooted in safe mode still the same problem.The problem finally went away after an hour or so . Anyone know what the likely reason could be ??

My nexus 5 has been acting strange all day.Could use the 3g or even call anyone for an hour frm my office even when the phone was showing good signal.I thought maybe it's bacuse of some apps i installed yesterday.Rebooted in safe mode still the same problem.The problem finally went away after an hour or so . Anyone know what the likely reason could be ??

I think you mean couldn't? If yes, that's probably will be the carrier and not the phone :)

I think you mean couldn't? If yes, that's probably will be the carrier and not the phone :)
If it was just the 3g would have agreed.Couldn't even make calls.My office is in the middle of city.My iphone (on airtel) never had this issue.Also yesterday whenever i received any notifications there was no audio confirmations or led light blinking.Today seems to be working fine though.

hey guys my wife's phone after the 4.4.2 update , the camera just stopped workin, its a local phone got from mumbai, has anyone faced this issue, front cam works fine, the rear cam, just a black screen when trying to switch it on, i guess its time to take it to the service centre, tried a full flash n restore. didnt work :( .. any1 have any experience with the local service centres? good/bad?

hey guys my wife's phone after the 4.4.2 update , the camera just stopped workin, its a local phone got from mumbai, has anyone faced this issue, front cam works fine, the rear cam, just a black screen when trying to switch it on, i guess its time to take it to the service centre, tried a full flash n restore. didnt work :( .. any1 have any experience with the local service centres? good/bad?

try restoring from stock image

Back