Android Bought the Nexus5 - Initial impressions and some queries

kaunkaun

Disciple
Okay folks
I've finally got my hands on the n5 (locally)

Cons:
Speaker volume is kinda low
And the battery doesn't last quite long either

Earlier to this i have used the s4 and note3, which had massive battery lives hence maybe ive been feeling it this way

My phone does not have "Tap and Pay" under the settings. However my friend's nexus 5 does. We both bought from the same shop and both are indian phones. Can anybody tell me what is the implication of this ?

My phone does not have "Tap and Pay" under the settings. However my friend's nexus 5 does. We both bought from the same shop and both are indian phones. Can anybody tell me what is the implication of this ?
Even mine has tap and pay. Maybe (doesn't seem though but) related country settings you have set.

I have removed it too. I like the phone so much. It's very smooth and much better than my both previous android phones.
One thing I don't seem to find is the option to edit number before call in dial pad. I don't know if it's me who's unable to figure how to do that or its not available in android 4.4 stock dialer.

I have removed it too. I like the phone so much. It's very smooth and much better than my both previous android phones.

True that. It's the best phone I have ever owned. Beats ass of every other phone in the market, though sure other flagships do give u 3000mAH battery, 13mp camera and some more perks but those are the perks I am not interested in. Camera? I hardly use it, battery? naah, m good.

Please do not take this as anti android comment. But i would like to know the performance after few weeks of usage and filling device with apps and such.Because i think OOB android works well on most phones but real problems start when things start getting filled up with content and such.

No, everything is just the same as my friend's Nexus. Can anybody else check if they have this option available under their settings also?

Have you set-up your credit/debit card yet?
One of my friends in US had the same problem and once he set-up his card the option showed up automatically.

Have you set-up your credit/debit card yet?
One of my friends in US had the same problem and once he set-up his card the option showed up automatically.
Okay I just figured it out, it appeared right after I turned on the "NFC" under wireless and networks (More).

No I don't think there are any devices installed in any malls in India where you could use it. But maybe you could find one in Google Stores in India.

Back