Audio Brainwavz M3 is here!

Mephistopheles said:
Yeah, some competition is always nice for us as customers ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Finally after a long long wait received my M3 today :eek:hyeah:
Me and my Fuze have been waiting for this moment so long, will post my impressions soon
They didnt put in the Earhooks and 3x Foam tips though, but they will send it later.

I think even with the earhooks you can't use them over ear.
The projections will hinder as it will turn 180deg.
too intrusive /painful if worn over ear.

Here go my humble impressions after listening to them for 2-3 hours:

I was overjoyed to receive the parcel today, as already it had taken more than a month since I paid. I immediately grabbed my Fuze and started trying them out. I was slightly worried about whether or not they would fit me properly, but as it turns out they were perfect in this department, one of the best isolation I have experienced and really comfortable (Very good, tight seal). The tips that came attached with it suited me perfectly. The Bass on these is a bit less in quantity, but is tight, refined and weighty (The extended sub-bass on these is awesome). It isn't there when not required and kicks-in when the soundtrack demands. There is very less mid-bass on these. Its very easy to distinguish between 320kbps/FLAC and 128 kbps mp3 on them, I can now feel the difference in SQ (Something which I couldn't significantly notice earlier). Instruments sound simply excellent, specially guitar and drums (The 'thud' of the drums is clearly distinguishable, very neat). These have great detailing and one doesnt miss out on anything the soundtrack has to offer. The soundstage has great depth in them, but the width wasn't as much as I expected but still good (I may have expected soundstage width close to that of a full-sized headphone :ashamed:). Instruments separation is really good, and I can appreciate the instruments on a higher level now. Acoustic music really shines with these, although it handles other types of music pretty damn good too.

The Bass works for me, but I would have liked if there was a notch more of it quantity wise. I reckon Bass-heads wont find the M3 interesting. I'd also like to add that people who only listen to lossy 128kbps tracks wont notice any significant improvements in most soundtracks as its real magic is felt with FLAC/320kbps MP3. For people who don't seem to understand why the hell a FLAC file is 30MB+, try the M3 out - You wont be disappointed.

I really like them and the more I listen to them the more I like them, its a great VFM product I must say.

P.S For some perspective - Im no audio-guru, and haven't owned any high-end IEMs in the past. As it happens, these are the most expensive IEMs I have ever bought. Im still a noob at all this.

^^ time to change your sig then :D

Pretty sure I'll get these or the NE-700x in a couple of months, by which time they should be available locally.

Nice impressions. :)

I completely agree with you on the bass. It is not there when the track doesn't demand it but it comes in dollops if the track has lots of low notes. It hits very low but doesn't have a mid bass hump which the M2s have.

Those who like to hear the bass in each track they hear would probably be happier with the M2s instead of the M3s.

About comfort, I perfer to wear these straight down even though I use all my other earphones over the ear. They are comfortable over the ear but I don't get the best seal that way.

Since the housings are light and the treble is smooth without sibilance I can listen to music for hours without fatigue. :)

nice impressions , you are well on way to your next upgrade:D
lol, i have observed the when someone liks a product very much , he strarts looking for upgrade , just to see that what CAN be better :p
its human nature do not resist !!

Hmm..this purchase burned quite a hole in my pocket (combined with the purchase of Fuze) so it'll take some time before I can even think of an upgrade. But If I do upgrade in the near future, I'd like something with wider soundstage, a tiny notch more bass quantity and something with a bit more energy in the mids without compromising on the other aspects this one has.

I wont sell these now, I usually sell an IEM and then buy another one but the M3 is going to stay with me...I really am impressed. :D

BF1983 said:
About comfort, I perfer to wear these straight down even though I use all my other earphones over the ear. They are comfortable over the ear but I don't get the best seal that way.

Since the housings are light and the treble is smooth without sibilance I can listen to music for hours without fatigue.

Absolutely, I can even sleep with these on.

archat68 said:
I'm waiting for some dissatisfied M3 customers who would like my M2 more than his M3 :eek:hyeah:
Your best chance is to wait for them to be available in India, because there are only a handful of members here with M3

I may sound crazy but these have a kind of addiction effect, The first few songs I listen on these I dont really appreciate them but the more I let them stay on the more I cannot stop listening to these and it becomes quite hard for me to take them off. :D

Mephistopheles said:
I may sound crazy but these have a kind of addiction effect, The first few songs I listen on these I dont really appreciate them but the more I let them stay on the more I cannot stop listening to these and it becomes quite hard for me to take them off. :D
Don't worry! It's a natural thing - your brain is adapting itself to it's signature. Happens to me most times :)

Mephistopheles said:
The thing is that it happens everytime I plug them in, and not like it happened the first time and then it was consistent
That is what I was referring to. I feel that way with a few IEMs. I don't like them for the first 3-4 tracks (every time) and then the brain adapts and I go on listening for 3-4 hrs.

esanthosh said:
Don't worry! It's a natural thing - your brain is adapting itself to it's signature. Happens to me most times :)
lol, your brain has too many signatures ti adapt to, quite a brain you have there :p

BUT that does not happen with me :(.

My FX700 sounded great , from the start :D.

about the improvement with AKG K702 i credit that to burn in (headphone ...not brain )

strategy said:
BUT that does not happen with me :(.

My FX700 sounded great , from the start :D

But you have 4 IEMs, I probably have 24. I am not sure, lost count :ashamed:. I need to sell a few next year, not enough space to keep them.

Aside, there are some IEMs I immediately like and every time I try. Those mostly would be fun IEMs where bass / timbre / texture etc., appeal to you. Others which are balanced sounding (similar to M3) do take some time to adapt.

Back