Brand new motorola defy random reboots

muneersn

Disciple
My Brand new motorola defy re boots randomly. Anybody else facing a similar problem? I have not rooted the phone or installed any untrusted application. Very worried. Any solutions ?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

I guess no one is able to help you cause no one has ever faced this problem. Even I have a Defy, nothing ever happened like what you described to it.

@muneer, u able to use the usb port for transferring files and charging? Random reboots points towards the motherboard of the device. Take it to the Motorola service center asap and let them take a crack at it. It might be nothing or it might be a potential disaster waiting to happen.

P.S not trying to scare u here, just letting u know the fact.

I can charge as well as transfer files from the PC through usb.

Reading through the xda forums it seems that using a new sim card should solve the issue. If it doesn't then I guess the next option is to take it to motorola service. :(

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Even i was facing the same issue with my Defy having a 5 year old 'Hutch' SIM.. The problem was more common when 3G mode was switched on. Replaced my SIM with a 'VODAFONE' SIM and now the problem is gone. Will strongly suggest you to replace your SIM first.

Back