PC Peripherals branded smps

Interesting discussion going on here regarding psu branding / ratings .......:cool2:
But guys never judge a book by its cover or a psu by its label.;)
Absolute "peak" power ratings of a psu, although a good index of the potential of a psu, should never be considered in the overall power ratings of a psu, The various combined output ratings for e.g. (3.3V + 5V) or (3.3V + 5V) + 12V are a better reflection of the performance of a psu in real life situations. They give the actual output potential of a psu.

not sure if its good enough but A-Open have a whole lot of other product range too.. [rank=www.xserves.com]Xserve India[/rank] is the official disti for A-Open products.

Rockyme2002 said:
If ur going to spend 3.8k ....why not get an Antec or Vantec
An equivalent antec costs more than 7K (the neopower/truepower eps). An antec is not worth that price. For a little bit more, we'd get a PC&P abroad.

Stalkersoftware said:
Get the regular 480 or 550TP they are great for the price

They neither have got dual 12V nor are they 24pin ATX 2.0 compliant. God knows when they'll get the ver2.0 to india. I'm not buying the aopen... just wondering if its any good :).

Chaos said:
They neither have got dual 12V nor are they 24pin ATX 2.0 compliant. God knows when they'll get the ver2.0 to india. I'm not buying the aopen... just wondering if its any good :).

yeah but they are still good.

If you want a 24pin psu from Antec they have 550TP EPS 12V it about 6k. Which IMO is not worth it ;)

Chaos said:
An equivalent antec costs more than 7K (the neopower/truepower eps). An antec is not worth that price. For a little bit more, we'd get a PC&P abroad.

u answered ur own Q
or
if u can wait.....antec hav released their TP series(nd others too i think) in ver 2.0 :cool2:

Update guys. I contacted antecindia and they are ready to ship SL450 for 3450 + 10% tax + shipping to Delhi by Gati on to pay basis (I asuume it means I have to pay shipping charges at the time of delivery) . But they are asking me to deposit the money in their ICICI account first. Is it safe? Secondly, with all the talk of two differently rated smartpower models floating around, any ideas which one ITdepot is shipping these days?

Edit: The email reply asks for depositing in ICICI account of Cyber Space Abacus Private Limited :S

yeah thats itdepot the official distro for antec in india. mask one of our members has ordered the same way so i guess it should be safe and i have purchased quite a few things from them as well

bottle said:
yeah thats itdepot the official distro for antec in india. mask one of our members has ordered the same way so i guess it should be safe and i have purchased quite a few things from them as well
Yeah... perfectly safe. I got my wavemaster the same way ;-).

hellfire said:
Update guys. I contacted antecindia and they are ready to ship SL450 for 3450 + 10% tax + shipping to Delhi by Gati on to pay basis (I asuume it means I have to pay shipping charges at the time of delivery) . But they are asking me to deposit the money in their ICICI account first. Is it safe? Secondly, with all the talk of two differently rated smartpower models floating around, any ideas which one ITdepot is shipping these days?

its perfectly safe to deposit the money. Like others pointed out, I did so too. And thats the way any dealer/distributor works. And about the courier charges, Gati is WAAAAAY TOOOOOO expensive. I wud suggest u send them the money in advance (about 200-250 bucks) n ask them to ship it thru Speed Post. Speed Post is very reliable n fast too. Gati once charged me 350 bucks for a small parcel (weighing less than 500g) from Mumbai to Mysore when it was put To-Pay. And Antec PSUs weigh quite a bit. My sincere suggestion wud be u go the Speed Post way. I mentioned Speed POst b'coz when i got my Antec TP480 Mr.Shunmugavel had told me about it when i said i didnt want it to be delivered by Gati.

hellfire said:
Edit: The email reply asks for depositing in ICICI account of Cyber Space Abacus Private Limited :S

yep, thats the name of the shop. theitdepot.com is their official website address. Even on the website (or at wntecindia.com) u'll find Cyber Space Abacus Pvt Ltd as the official distributor for antec products.

Chaos said:
Is this a good buy for 3.8K?

http://global.aopen.com.tw/products/power/FSP460-60PFN.htm

3.3 - 27A, 5 - 29A, 12V1 - 16.5A, 12V2 - 15A

Getting it from HCL for that price. Never heard of aopen PSUs though.
Hehe sorry for grave digging but this is interesting info. The 460W Aopen PSU that I mentioned above is actually made by FSP (the same guys who make psus with the fortron brand name. Does fortron bluestorm ring a bell :D?) xbitlabs has it for review here

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/fsp-psu_10.html

Seems like an excellent PSU. At 3.8K it really rocks. I wonder if its available from a source other than HCL.

Edit: Found it for 100$ on newegg :p http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104932

ok...i just got my powersafe 400w delivered from bangalore. And i realized my stone-age mobo has only a 20pin connector while the smps has 24. Do i NEED an adaptor or can i just offset the connector so that it fits?

Thanks,
Noob.

Back