BREAKING NEWS Osama bin Laden killed in CIA operation

blr_p said:
Coming to you at a theatre in Pakistan shortly :(

My take on this whole affair is somebody in the senior ranks, possibly retired, knew he was in the country at least on a town level if not exact address. They held onto him because that way they could milk the US for more aid. When the time was right they disposed of OBL and gave the US a tip. OBL was caught because they decided it was the right time. So you see how they kept the fundies of their backs for many years AND only delivered OBL to the US when they wanted. It's funny when you think back the reason the US invaded Afghanistan was because the Afghans refused to turn over OBL.

My thoughts exactly,but the pakistans army/isi would have tipped them yet,since they still were on the shopping spree,they were demanding those UAV drones ,even in the joint press conference in pakistan the pak press asked the US official about when the US will give pakistan the UAV drones.
So they where trying to milk US of money and weapons aid.

Now if pakistan did tip the US,why would the US risk the use of a never before see helo ,with measures of RCS and acoustic signature and now parts of wreckage will be extensively studied by pakistan and china.
So the US was probably not tipped off.

blr_p said:
Coming to you at a theatre in Pakistan shortly :(

Exactly, so evidently somebody knew.

But all they will say is 'we did not know'. And nobody can prove otherwise. Because saying somebody knew is circumstantial. Nothing is going to happen in the short term as the US needs them. US Congress is making all sorts of noises as they are embarassed the arch enemy was caught in this important ally's backyard but it will pass ie no major downside.

My take on this whole affair is somebody in the senior ranks, possibly retired, knew he was in the country at least on a town level if not exact address. They held onto him because that way they could milk the US for more aid. When the time was right they disposed of OBL and gave the US a tip. OBL was caught because they decided it was the right time. So you see how they kept the fundies of their backs for many years AND only delivered OBL to the US when they wanted. It's funny when you think back the reason the US invaded Afghanistan was because the Afghans refused to turn over OBL.

This talk about soverignty is all smokescreen to reduce chances of backlash from the fundies. The US has liberty to use attack drones in other areas of the country so this is not too different. Why he was found so near is another useless rathole to get into without any answer. They don't know.

There is still Zawahiri, any guess where he is hiding, the Haqqani's and last but not least the Quetta Shura. Now i wonder how those cards will be played.
Your theory would have been good but if the capture/kill was in the NWFP region of Pakistan or the tribal areas.

Allowing a successful operation in a heavily militarized area would be like shooting themselves in both the feet at the same time.

Secondly, there was NEVER a time to hand over OBL. The milking was still very much for the taking and the prolonged silence due to the stunned Pak establishment says a lot. Had they planned this.. they would have prepared the people of Pak with some subtle messages beforehand and would have been ready with statements after the mission.. but they are screaming themselves hoarse about everything under the Sun since they found their vocal cords again.

Spacescreamer said:
Your theory would have been good but if the capture/kill was in the NWFP region of Pakistan or the tribal areas.
Allowing a successful operation in a heavily militarized area would be like shooting themselves in both the feet at the same time.
Well, what could they do ? shift him over to the NWFP. In some ways you could even say OBL was their prisoner. Playing dumb as they do with everybody incld their own ppl is better than looking responsible for OBL's death.

Spacescreamer said:
Secondly, there was NEVER a time to hand over OBL.
OBL's death came as a suprise to me because i've always maintained OBL was too valuable, too protected to EVER get caught. So something has changed and those in charge decided it was time to get rid of him. In any case his value has dropped since the days he was actively involved. He's only a symbol now, an important one if not the most.

So, lets say it was better later than sooner. More time to get aid, enough time to satisfy the fundies. Now when the US is about to get out shortly they get a present. Why does Obama go and lay a wreath days after OBL's death. Beause their adventure has come full circle.

If there was no deal struck then it implies the US armtwisted the Paks into delivering and they had no choice but to comply.

Spacescreamer said:
The milking was still very much for the taking and the prolonged silence due to the stunned Pak establishment says a lot. Had they planned this.. they would have prepared the people of Pak with some subtle messages beforehand and would have been ready with statements after the mission.. but they are screaming themselves hoarse about everything under the Sun since they found their vocal cords again.
Evidently the left hand does things the right hand does not know about. Will all blow over after some time. But the fundies will not forget.

Do not pay too much attention to what the Pak govt does in public, they don't care about their ppl and neither do their ppl have much respect or trust in their govt.

2mhzmv8.jpg

Obama: booyeah! Headshot! :eek:hyeah:

Osama's wife said she hasn't left the house in 5 years. She went on to say "First it was Facebook, then along came Twitter".

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Man makes $120k in two days selling bin Laden t-shirts and we were busy posting threads.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

on a second note i am keeping 2 designs ready of Alyman al-Zawahiri & Anwar al-Awlaki, if you do not know who these are, then one of the two are the likely successors of bin laden, hence i am keeping the designs in advance, time, place & cost will be updated as soon as the to be successor joins bin laden beneath the sea.

malhotraraul said:
Man makes $120k in two days selling bin Laden t-shirts and we were busy posting threads.
A good idea if in the US not much here. He's never directly targeted us.

malhotraraul said:
on a second note i am keeping 2 designs ready of Alyman al-Zawahiri & Anwar al-Awlaki, if you do not know who these are, then one of the two are the likely successors of bin laden, hence i am keeping the designs in advance, time, place & cost will be updated as soon as the to be successor joins bin laden beneath the sea.
Umm, better with someone known here like Mr.D

But thats just loose talk isn't it :(

...just to "Show Off"...He was tracked down not by a Human but by a Dog first in the compound: A Belgian Malinos!!!

I am just glad now I dont have to tell people that mine is not a German Shepard but a pure Belgian Malinos...

Infected said:
...just to "Show Off"...He was tracked down not by a Human but by a Dog first in the compound: A Belgian Malinos!!!

I am just glad now I dont have to tell people that mine is not a German Shepard but a pure Belgian Malinos...
Belgian Malinois :D

Back