Brochure / Catalog Design Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
krazypop said:
@malhotraraul:Rightly said. Agree with you in totality.
Like another member said its upto the individual to decide whether he/she wants to go ahead with speculative work. But i do have a question for TE members. Would you buy say ram, or processor or motherboard from a dealer with the condition that you will try it for a few days and then if you like it, decide whether to buy it or not. Be it designing or any other thing, there is time and there is effort involved.

that depends on buyer & seller understanding, coz i took an ipod 1g / 8gb from devilsmind & i only paid him after i got the ipod & after 3 days of testing period.

tho we were dealing for the first time, there was a mutual trust & the dealing went well.

malhotraraul said:
u investing ur time & effort in making something for someone for which u don't know whether its gonna be liked / approved or not.

it is as simple as that, there is nothing to be missed.

I am no expert but I think you can pass on your existing work perhaps like something called as portfolio right?
If he likes it fine enough put up your pay and I ll work thing :).

But if he starts paying for everyone who wants to try his hand at it, it might become difficult for him.

I do understand your concern and thus suggest if you are a pro, you know how to deal and impress.

Woh... that was quite a bit.

Guys
#1 This is TE. This may come as a huge surprise to you but most of us here help each other for no other reason than to just be helpful. We're not here to do business. Ordinarily I would have just posted this request in the graphics thread and asked some of our guys here at TE to help out, for which I would have gotten all the samples I could possibly ever need. Instead I chose to to make a market thread out of it and offered the "winner", so to speak, a little reward.

#2 There is no complulsion. Nobody asked you to do anything you didn't want to. You read my post. If it's not something you're interested in, why bother with it?

#3 To all the guys with the restaurant analogy... analogies seldom make a point. For every single one you can make favouring your ideolgies or your point of view, I can just as many for mine.

That brings to mind another one. You want to buy a car. You take the car out for a test drive, does it mean you have to buy it? Can't remember the last time somebody bought a car by just looking at the brochure. Sorry I couldn't resist that one. :p

While you have been debating this in a thread that you have obviously no interest in contributing to, I've already received quite a bit of help from some of our members here a TE.

I hope this thread can carry out it's intended purpose. Hope you will understand that and let it be.

Satan said:
That brings to mind another one. You want to buy a car. You take the car out for a test drive, does it mean you have to buy it? Can't remember the last time somebody bought a car by just looking at the brochure. Sorry I couldn't resist that one.

u already have the answer mate, u don't buy the same car u test drive, u buy the one of your color & accessories & stuff only after u pay.

same way, u see design samples of previous work of a designer, hire him / her, fulfill the formalities & go ahead.

any other example u have :bleh:

p.s. when u say u want HELP, your thread narration don't point that way & yes one more thing, as long as ur purpose of this thread is getting solved, we're good :hap2:

Are you even reading what you are putting out there?

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So if you test drive 5 different cars from 5 different manufacturers, are you going to buy all of them in the color that you want?

Seriously though, I have tried to appeal to your sensibilites and yet you continue to shamelessly trash this thread. I didn't ask you to personally help niether is this the place for your opinions. Opinions are a dime a dozen. You my friend can sit on yours.

I don't have to spell out HELP einstein. Read the original post... it calls for anybody that is INTERESTED in doing what I have requested. Since you are obviously not interested and you ahve abundantly makde your point... stay the hell out.

Locking this thread up till the mod's clear it up.

Thanks for the cleanup MODS. Much appreciated.

To reiterate. This is only for people who are interested in coming up with realy cool designs and concepts based on the information provided above.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back