BSNL EVDO - Question about Sierra 595u and 598u...!!

congrats. whats the final cost ? speed factor would always depends on congestion and distance.
I am not sure what to say, my ac2766 is performing better compared to 598. While 598 struggles to keep 1mbps, ac2766 easily manages to go up to 1.6mbps, to say it in one go its performance is same as my old micromax 300c. I was shocked when i was getting 1.6mbps for the first time with ac2766 on the same spot where my mmx 300c was hardly giving 900 Kbps, i think if i use patch antenna in 2766, speed could be improved further. I am gonna need an antenna. Can you suggest any for both 598 and 2766?

Total cost = about 1500 /-.
I told my seller to make sure it weights less than 1 lb.

This transaction was quite smooth on the ppo's part but rather depressing on the USPS's part. It took them about 15 days to deliver a package to NY 10018, USPS tracking was showing package going back and forth between stations which doesn't makes any sense!, I may have gotten it much sooner if it wasn't for this delay. The package was supposed to be received at NY warehouse on dec 6 but it got delivered on 16th. The package was delivered on the last day i was supposed to tell them as received or not received. Next time i would rather avoid using usps.

4020148138.png

Dat upload speed on BSNL evdo. M loving it :D

Happy New Year.
Ok. For you its hardly 50kBps, not for me because I think not everyone gets such upload speed in BSNL evdo.
That is true. I get about 30-35 kB/s.
But since I rarely upload stuff, I do not care too much about the upload speed.
Only when it takes too much time to attach documents in the mail do I feel sad. Very sad :(

That is true. I get about 30-35 kB/s.
But since I rarely upload stuff, I do not care too much about the upload speed.
Only when it takes too much time to attach documents in the mail do I feel sad. Very sad :(

Try this. This is what I did to increase the speed.
Open AxesstelPst.
In your room, roam and observe the RX1 Rssi and Ec/lo.
Keep anything for download and check speed variations.
Place the modem where you get lowest RX1 Rssi and Ec/lo nearest to Zero.
Note that Active Pilot PN might also change. It indicates on which tower you're connected to. Check RX1 Rssi and Ec/lo on other Pilot PN too.
U8uOwlC.jpg

Open AxesstelPst.
Note that Active Pilot PN might also change. It indicates on which tower you're connected to. Check RX1 Rssi and Ec/lo on other Pilot PN too.
U8uOwlC.jpg
With which modem is this application compatible?
Is it compatible with the ZTE AC2766?

Open AxesstelPst.
U8uOwlC.jpg
Well, it worked for me, that's exactly what i did, and placed my modem outside with 10m usb extension cable.I have heard that an active usb extension cable or usb over ethernet adapter would be a much better choice when the distance is this much long, still its working fine so far. Now i get 1.6mbps at midnight, sometimes morning or sometimes evening. I checked these thing with the laptop in my hands and AxesstelPst running, dial up running and download running. Sometimes the RX1 and RX2 values matters and makes sense sometimes it doesn't, for example RX1 value jumped to about 105-110dbm and i was getting download speed about 1.8mbps, while when it dropped to 60's download speed went down to 50KB/s on IDM, doesn't makes any sense right? When i am on my roof, i easily get close to 2 mbps,( i had to move around quite a bit to maintain it though, even a tiny inch makes huge difference in speed, it feels like the equipments in bsnl tower has become rusty!!) with my 2766 while sierra 598 struggles at 1 mbps, its really strange that zte modem is performing better than sierra. Do u think i need an external antenna? my 2766 doesn't had the slot, u know its one of those which doesn't comes with integrated port. Can i use patch antenna on it? Also what about my sierra. Why its slower then 2766? Do u think the piece i have is somehow defective?

Happy New Year To You ALL

Last edited:
Well, it worked for me, that's exactly what i did, and placed my modem outside with 10m usb extension cable.I have heard that an active usb extension cable or usb over ethernet adapter would be a much better choice when the distance is this much long, still its working file for now. Now i get 1.6mbps at midnight, sometimes morning or somethings evening. I checked these thing with the laptop in my hands and AxesstelPst running, dial up running and download running. Sometimes the RX1 and RX2 values matters and makes sense sometimes it doesn't, for example RX1 value jumped to about 105-110 and i was getting download speed about 1.8mbps, while when it dropped to 60's download speed went down to 50KB/s on IDM, doesn't makes any sense right? When i am on my roof, i easily get close to 2 mbps,( i had to move around quite a bit to maintain it though, even a tiny inch makes huge difference in speed, it feels like the equipments in bsnl tower has become rusty!!) with my 2766 while sierra 598 struggles at 1 mbps, its really strange that zte modem is performing better than sierra. Do u think i need an external antenna? my 2766 doesn't had the slot, u know its one of those which doesn't comes with integrated port. Can i use patch antenna on it? Also what about my sierra. Why its slower then 2766? Do u think the piece i have is somehow defective?

Happy New Year To You ALL

Yes, I too have the same model(which doesn't have antenna port) so don't know about other way to attach antenna to it.
Which prl are you using with 598?
If you are getting better speed in AC2766, then use the prl of your RUIM card and not the one you get on the internet.
I get lower speed near the window and much lower on the roof. Very strange but true.
The only place I get good speed in inside my room.
And try this setup too:
Used a cardboard with aluminium foil wrapped around it.
Folded it to make a curved shape.
Attached a plastic bottle cut into half and wrapped foil on that too. Its below the modem (Image 2)
Used 3m usb extension cable and plugged it to my router.

DSC_00981.jpg
DSC_0099.jpg

Yes, I too have the same model(which doesn't have antenna port) so don't know about other way to attach antenna to it.
If you are getting better speed in AC2766, then use the prl of your RUIM card and not the one you get on the internet.
I get lower speed near the window and much lower on the roof. Very strange but true.
And try this setup too:
Attached a plastic bottle cut into half and wrapped foil on that too. Its below the modem (Image 2)

DSC_00981.jpg
DSC_0099.jpg

And try this setup too:

DSC_00981.jpg
DSC_0099.jpg

Well, that is some ingenious design you got there..About PRL, i am using All India Roaming prl file which i believe i got from this forum somewhere. And i followed the procedure on this blog http://bsnlevdoprithvi.blogspot.in/2014/01/configure-bsnl-evdo-on-sierra-598u.html. I see in the first image that you have mr3220 or 3420 V2 router. I tried connecting my 598u with 3220 with latest firmware on it but still it doesn't connects, i all receive in system log is that good, sim not locked or unlocked messages. Which firmware ur using? I am thinking if 595u can work on it then 598u should too.. Anyway, i will try building a similar antenna like yours and will check with both modems.
I will use the prl from my ruim for 598u and will tell the results.

Well, that is some ingenious design you got there..About PRL, i am using All India Roaming prl file which i believe i got from this forum somewhere. And i followed the procedure on this blog http://bsnlevdoprithvi.blogspot.in/2014/01/configure-bsnl-evdo-on-sierra-598u.html. I see in the first image that you have mr3220 or 3420 V2 router. I tried connecting my 598u with 3220 with latest firmware on it but still it doesn't connects, i all receive in system log is that good, sim not locked or unlocked messages. Which firmware ur using? I am thinking if 595u can work on it then 598u should too.. Anyway, i will try building a similar antenna like yours and will check with both modems.
I will use the prl from my ruim for 598u and will tell the results.

Ok. Hope you get boost in speed :D
I am using mr3420 V2 model with old beta firmware which works flawlessly with my 595U modem.
And in this forum another member (Doom2010) also got his 598U connected with that firmware.
Here is the download link: http://www.tp-link-support.de/firmware/TL-MR3420/TL-MR3420v2_130515.beta.zip

Ok. Hope you get boost in speed :D
I am using mr3420 V2 model with old beta firmware which works flawlessly with my 595U modem.
And in this forum another member (Doom2010) also got his 598U connected with that firmware.
Here is the download link: http://www.tp-link-support.de/firmware/TL-MR3420/TL-MR3420v2_130515.beta.zip

Thanks, i will see if i can find similar firmware for my 3220 as well. Also if you can, post screen shots of DFS software showing all the tabs under programming, it will help me better understand the whole thing. You can hide ur number and other things of course.

H
Thanks, i will see if i can find similar firmware for my 3220 as well. Also if you can, post screen shots of DFS software showing all the tabs under programming, it will help me better understand the whole thing. You can hide ur number and other things of course.
Here...
ymROH2X.jpg
LUX5RYI.jpg
GbYLIgo.jpg
HIc98Ee.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1420115696][/DOUBLEPOST]
4025679471.png

Though it shows 0.58Mbps, actual is more than 100kBps.

Last edited:
Thank you

Here is mine

CK3OWc.jpg
bgD9XV.jpg
KsFoej.jpg
1DUE1N.jpg

Let me know if you find anything wrong with the configuration.
I tried the beta firmware of mr3220 still its not working no matter what i do. While it connects just fine on pc.

Last edited:
Suraj bhai this application not work with zte ac 2766..... Give any other link to see signal strength and other things in 2766.... I hardly get 1. 35Mbps download and 0. 25 Mbps upload...
I have tried a lot to know the signal strength of my AC2766 modem but unfortunately I didn't get any solution for it so bought 595U.
Previously, I was also getting max. of 1.5MBps d/w speed but after shifting the modem to other place, it increased and I noticed change in PN value.
So shift your modem to other place and your PN value changes automatically if you have more than 1 towers in your area/city whichever is reachable.[DOUBLEPOST=1420185671][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you

Here is mine

Let me know if you find anything wrong with the configuration.
I tried the beta firmware of mr3220 still its not working no matter what i do. While it connects just fine on pc.

The config is correct unless you are not been able to get signal or connect to internet.
Only thing to increase speed is prl file and antenna for your modem.

Last edited:
Back