BSNL FTTH

I got it (100 mbps plan 1277) four months ago. Pretty good. I had submitted a PG portal complaint for slow download speeds on a few international servers (ubuntu/fedora mirrors and github.com) which got closed with no resolution - they just said "all out efforts" and "it will be resolved soon".[DOUBLEPOST=1548751522][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone else here with BSNL FTTH these days?

Used it until 3 months back with their 999 plan with 80Mbps of download and upload with 600GB FUP in Chennai circle. Nothing to rave about but the speed was ok and definitely not for online gaming. Whenever a complaint is raised for slow download they usually close it saying that it has been resolved but still the speed will not match as per their plan. I used this as a secondary connection as I had ACT as main connection. Probably if you have no other option you can go with BSNL.

Off-topic: I had surrendered a BSNL landline connection 6 months back and I am yet to receive the deposit amount. Their answer was they do not have enough funds to return the deposit amount to the customers. There are several lakhs of customers waiting for their deposit amount to be returned for years. Pathetic PSU.

Used it until 3 months back with their 999 plan with 80Mbps of download and upload with 600GB FUP in Chennai circle. Nothing to rave about but the speed was ok and definitely not for online gaming. Whenever a complaint is raised for slow download they usually close it saying that it has been resolved but still the speed will not match as per their plan. I used this as a secondary connection as I had ACT as main connection. Probably if you have no other option you can go with BSNL.

Off-topic: I had surrendered a BSNL landline connection 6 months back and I am yet to receive the deposit amount. Their answer was they do not have enough funds to return the deposit amount to the customers. There are several lakhs of customers waiting for their deposit amount to be returned for years. Pathetic PSU.
Killed by modi sarkar by refusing to give them 4g spectrum. Even a govt entity like railways does not use bsnl CUG plans then what else can you expect.
They want BSNL to go the vsnl way. Sell off to tatas and ambani.

So now these bastards have changed FTTH plans from monthly FUP to daily FUP!

My 100 mbps plan 1277 which had monthly FUP of 750 GB is now a daily FUP of 25 GB. I use my connection mostly on the weekends so for the entire weekdays all that data goes waste. And on the weekends I get effectively 50 GB per weekend or only 200 GB per month based on my usage pattern. Sneaky bastards.

It's like I can either watch only 3 hours of 1080p streaming video per day or download stuff but not both.

I have tweeted/facebooked BSNL and also submitted a PG portal complaint but as if they will care.

@vishalrao how did you find out about the daily fup? I have the 100mbps 1277 plan too, and while my usage is not very high the idea of daily fup is very sneaky. How do I check? I am in Jharkhand.

My 100 mbps plan 1277 which had monthly FUP of 750 GB is now a daily FUP of 25 GB. I use my connection mostly on the weekends so for the entire weekdays all that data goes waste. And on the weekends I get effectively 50 GB per weekend or only 200 GB per month based on my usage pattern. Sneaky bastards.

It's like I can either watch only 3 hours of 1080p streaming video per day or download stuff but not both.

I have tweeted/facebooked BSNL and also submitted a PG portal complaint but as if they will care.

Time to move to a real ISP man. I mean i feel bad, but if the govt themselves want BSNL to die, then nothing's gonna improve. My aunt who's a GM there, says they're having trouble paying salaries. If a govt. entity is having salary problems, the shit is REAL !

Time to move to a real ISP man. I mean i feel bad, but if the govt themselves want BSNL to die, then nothing's gonna improve. My aunt who's a GM there, says they're having trouble paying salaries. If a govt. entity is having salary problems, the shit is REAL !

No other option where I live, so I'm at the mercy of these dicktards. For years I had old copper wire (ADSL) with horrible downtimes. This FTTH feels like a godsend now that it's finally here. No idea if another ISP will be able to provide connections here anytime soon.

Yeah BSNL is in heavy loss, they can't even refund deposits for discontinued services, I am lucky I got my sizeable refund 3 months after disconnection of a landline.

@vishalrao how did you find out about the daily fup? I have the 100mbps 1277 plan too, and while my usage is not very high the idea of daily fup is very sneaky. How do I check? I am in Jharkhand.

Someone posted it on another forum (broadbandforum.co). It is starting on the first of this month. It's updated on the calcutta website of BSNL not yet on the main website.

To check you can visit selfcare.bsnl.co.in your account if you have it, where in the current account info area is shows "25 GB Plan" or visit fuptopup.bsnl.co.in and click "know your usage" where earlier it used to show the current used data amount but now at the moment it shows this error "NOT FOUND. Reason:No package found with pkgName: I-H-DLY-100MB-25G-2MB-GPON-M for subscriber ID:" which suggests 25 GB daily FUP.

I checked. Doesnt show anything on Selfcare maybe because my account is new and first bill has yet to come. But on fuptopup, under "Know your usage", it shows "Base-I-H-DLY-100MB-25G-2MB-GPON-M" which indeed does suggest a 25GB fup. Damn, the sneaky bas****s!

Can someone confirm if BSNL is providing symmetrical speed (50 down 50 up) OR asymmetrical.(50 up and 12.5 down ).

8012555483.png

It's supposed to be symmetrical but some folks report their local exchanges cap the upload speed. Most probably it will be symmetrical. Mine is 100 up and down.

I got fed up with BSNL so got Nextel 50 MPS and so far I am happy. Started Jan 26th. So far it is good. Did not even check with BSNL if they have FTTH here.

I got fed up with BSNL so got Nextel 50 MPS and so far I am happy. Started Jan 26th. So far it is good. Did not even check with BSNL if they have FTTH here.
i did that a year back ....but found out that international speeds of most of the local ISPs suffer.
BSNL on the other hand give good speed to most of the servers around the world.So, it is compelling me to switch back to BSNL FTTH.

speed to local vodafone server:
8014057943.png

vs speed to US server:-

8014062814.png

vs speed to amsterdam speedtest server:-
8014065356.png

Technnician was talking about some voda server. I think you're saying the same thing. I get 50 MBps and has been good since Jan 27th or so. Let's see how it goes.
i did that a year back ....but found out that international speeds of most of the local ISPs suffer.
BSNL on the other hand give good speed to most of the servers around the world.So, it is compelling me to switch back to BSNL FTTH.
speed to local vodafone server:

Just checking if anyone else has tried to complain to BSNL about this daily FUP thing yet?

Back