Bsnl increases upload speed..

. Regarding the unlimited plans, in the initial project 2.2, the uploading limit has been restricted to 1:4 i.e. 1/4 th of the downloading speed which comes to 64 Kbps for Plan 900. In the latest rollout in Multiplay, the uploading speed is 256 Kbps along with the downloading limit

I think this means that all the new users to apply for a 900UL plan will get 256UL, but the old users like us (project 2.2) were sttuck at 10kbps UL

i m having home plan500 since december 2007. the speeds in my router are displayed as 2047kbps d/l and 513kbps u/l. so if i shift to ul900 now, will i get 1:1 speeds

It is better you phone up the bsnl people.
From what I have understood so far...
The users who applied for UL 900 at the beginnign were given a 1:4 UL:DL ratio.
However, now I think all the new UL900 connections are recieving 1:1 ratio.
And also few days back bsnl have given all the older UL 900 users a 1:1 ratio too.

It would be best if you phoned up your bsnl local exchange and confirm this, or visit some friend's house who has recently taken a 900UL plan.

Im pretty sure you will get 256kbps UL, so you can go ahead.
They are giving 256kbps to all new customers, and even increased the speed of the older customers, so I am almost totally sure you will get 256kbps UL and DL speed if you take a new UL plan anytime soon.

Grossly off topic but since we have so many BSNL users converging on this thread, could someone please tell me how exactly do I check my account usage?

I'm on the new Multiplay setup and my IP ranges from 117.xxx.xxx.xxx

Thanks, and sorry for OT! :)

One question here,do ISP's have any right to block any kind of traffic ? I guess it could amount to a breach of trust. And could they be dragged to court for that ?

Neotheone said:
One question here,do ISP's have any right to block any kind of traffic ? I guess it could amount to a breach of trust. And could they be dragged to court for that ?

Lol they have backing of administration and judiciary when they try to block piracy.

Neotheone said:
That depends on what they written in their terms and conditions.

p_sam21 said:
Is BSNL throttling torrent traffic? I am getting weird tracker offline messages even though i am connectable.
I don't think they're throttling torrent traffic, but they're throttling UL traffic during the day. UL speeds during the day is 128kbps(16 Feb, 14:34) for me, but during night unlimited (2:00 - 8:00 am) the UL speed goes up to 512kbps as reported by the modem.
picture3yb4.png

picture4ah5.png

the thing about BSNL's strange accounting is they show usage details like this, every connection lasts exactly 15min's, and there is no way to know how much was my total billable / free unlmited use.

e.g.

SL | Start | Stop
1 | 02:01:27 | 02: 16:27
2 | 02:16:27 | 02: 31:27
3 | 02:31:27 | 02: 46:27
4 | ..... |
5 | ..... |
24| 07:46:27 | 07:58:55

is it just me or anyone else having this problem ?.

p_sam21 said:
Lol they have backing of administration and judiciary when they try to block piracy.

P2P doesn't necessary mean tht one is downloading copyrighted content . There's quite a bit of free stuff out there.

Anish said:
Grossly off topic but since we have so many BSNL users converging on this thread, could someone please tell me how exactly do I check my account usage?

I'm on the new Multiplay setup and my IP ranges from 117.xxx.xxx.xxx

Thanks, and sorry for OT! :)

true_power said:
the thing about BSNL's strange accounting is they show usage details like this, every connection lasts exactly 15min's, and there is no way to know how much was my total billable / free unlmited use.

e.g.

SL | Start | Stop
1 | 02:01:27 | 02: 16:27
2 | 02:16:27 | 02: 31:27
3 | 02:31:27 | 02: 46:27
4 | ..... |
5 | ..... |
24| 07:46:27 | 07:58:55

is it just me or anyone else having this problem ?.

Yes, the usage records on bbservice.bsnl.in(for IP range 117.xxx.xxx.xxx) are not easy to understand. I use this greasemonkey script http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/23597 which does all the calculations and displays the free and billable usage

Back