BSNL Unstable

Well i'm getting randomly disconnected ... every few mins the ADSL line drops & i can see my modem trying to re-establish a connection.... so reminds me of good ole dialup days!!!

Wierd thing happing here too, my router cum modem, can't connect itself to internet in pppoe mode, have enter username and pass in windows to connect so only on pc can be connected at a time. :(

Very weird....usually I get 2Mbps, but for almost 10 days I got close to 3.2MBps and from 2 days am getting download speeds of 50-60....some technical glitch or FUP?? Am in Bangalore BTW.

Same problem here in chennai, i suffered from last one week, complaining complaining to customer care, but didn't problem didn't resolved

The connection had been very unstable at noon time.

Was so darn frustrated that had to switch the system off and went off. Has been stable for past 2 hrs or so (knock on the wood)

Up/Download speeds been normal.

From Noida.

No problem in Punjab. BB Home 500 Plan.

1552446253.png
1552447625.png
1552448642.png

I've always been lucky with BSNL Broadband. Always got some extra speed. I know most of users face instability issues with BSNL. It is completely normal due to heavily spread network of BSNL.

kuki_295 said:
Wierd thing happing here too, my router cum modem, can't connect itself to internet in pppoe mode, have enter username and pass in windows to connect so only on pc can be connected at a time. :(

Update: the problem appears to be in the router/modem, using separate modem and router there is no problem.
But many websites are not opening like apple, lynx-india, Techenclave on firefox or other browser, saw somewhere opera in turbo mode helps, and here i am posting.

kuki_295 said:
Update: the problem appears to be in the router/modem, using separate modem and router there is no problem.

But many websites are not opening like apple, lynx-india, Techenclave on firefox or other browser, saw somewhere opera in turbo mode helps, and here i am posting.

use opendns ip's in router....... 208 67 222 222 / 208 67 220 220

Use to happen to me too on MTNL..... some sites wont open....... but since dns chg no such probs.....

Also routers can be a problem too....... had 2 working Dlink routers just dropping ADSL line every 10mins...... since I switched to Linksys there has been no drops......

I face the same problem evry couple of days. the connection would just drop. I tried changing DNS, no result. called up BSNL, told them the issue. They said everythings working fine on their end. Below is the convo.

Me: I face this issue every now and then
BSNL: SIr there is no issue from our end.
Me: (WTF in silent mode). Why would I call when theres is no problem.
BSNL: Which router you use?
Me: Buffalo with in built modem.
BSNL: Thats the problem.
Me: I use it because your pathetic modem went dead within a month after 1st year. I am not buying that cap anymore. Besides if there is any problem with modem, it cannot fix by itslef.
BSNL: Sir maybe theres some problem with Wifi (me thinks WTF wifi is on. internet is not. why is there a problem). Next time you face issue connect LAN cable.
Me: What if issue still not fixed?
BSNL: Call these nos, they will help you.
Me: (#@#!$%)

I am facing the same speed drop issue for the last 10 days or so... the direct download speed has reduced to 50-55 and the download speed for torrents is even less ~25-30 !! Location - Bhopal..

I have been facing the problem of unstable ADSL links for the last 45 days. They seem to be unable to solve this problem. What can be done now?

There are many possible reasons for this:

1. Problem in line. If this is the case there will be humming/noise in the telephone.if there is no humming the line is ok. The problem may be in the adsl splitter. So try bypassing the splitter.

2. Check your distance from the telephone exchange. If the distance is more than 3 km there is chance that adsl will be unstable. If the underground cables are not in good condition adsl becomes unstanle even at 2.5 km.

Back