OC & Modding 'BTH' Score Submission - Intel Core i7/i5/i3

You got your WC kit Infected??? Anyways try harder, :p

thebanik - 6.969s- Intel Core i7 2500K @ 5.35GHz, 2GB DDR3 @ 1077(2154) MHz 8-8-8-24, Gigabyte UD7

tesuperpi1.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thebanik - 6.750s- Intel Core i7 2600K @ 5.5GHz, 2GB DDR3 @ 800 MHz 9-9-9-27, Gigabyte UD7

index.php

You got your WC kit Infected??? Anyways try harder,
Yes got the kit, but got no time to even install, and lazy too as the H50 is doing good for me at 5Ghz 24/7 (My ambient Temp is 20-25'c...)
I dont really wanna push it more until I install the WC....I aint competing for HWbots points or anything so no hurry...
.....and really why would I compete with your score? ...I got the chip from you, so obvious you will not sell me a better chip than yours....facts of life :)
I just use my PC for gaming and so far the chip is already exceeding my expectations in that regards...so thank you again.

^^Nice. What VCore are you running on?
:) ...I can't view the screenshot at work, but i think like 1.55+volts (....could even be 1.65v!!!) or so....just check the screen, I dont know exactly when I took that bench at screenshot as I was playing around with both vCore, Multi and BLCK all at once....but HT etc is on...

Not true, the chip(2500K) you see is a 57X which has already been sold to Sumon. The chip I have(2600K) is sadly only 56X, :(

Infected said:
Yes got the kit, but got no time to even install, and lazy too as the H50 is doing good for me at 5Ghz 24/7 (My ambient Temp is 20-25'c...)

I dont really wanna push it more until I install the WC....I aint competing for HWbots points or anything so no hurry...

.....and really why would I compete with your score? ...I got the chip from you, so obvious you will not sell me a better chip than yours....facts of life :)

I just use my PC for gaming and so far the chip is already exceeding my expectations in that regards...so thank you again.
:) ...I can't view the screenshot at work, but i think like 1.55+volts (....could even be 1.65v!!!) or so....just check the screen, I dont know exactly when I took that bench at screenshot as I was playing around with both vCore, Multi and BLCK all at once....but HT etc is on...

Infected said:
It looked like 1.65v odd in the first screenie, so I guess that is what it is.

My own 2500K is maxing out at 101.1 x 53 = 5358 MHz @ 1.44V. After that no matter how much I increase voltage, It doesn't budge at all. No boot with 100 x 54 or 101.2 x 53

Lord Nemesis said:
It looked like 1.65v odd in the first screenie, so I guess that is what it is.

My own 2500K is maxing out at 101.1 x 53 = 5358 MHz @ 1.44V. After that no matter how much I increase voltage, It doesn't budge at all. No boot with 100 x 54 or 101.2 x 53
Yup, Sandybridge CPU's have a specific clock limit after which no amount of cooling/volts can cross that wall.

^^

Is that a fail-safe put in by design by Intel. Or is the silicon threshold just being breached 'naturally'..? So it walls further increase.

asingh said:
^^
Is that a fail-safe put in by design by Intel. Or is the silicon threshold just being breached 'naturally'..? So it walls further increase.
Not a fail-safe, just silicon quality. This was there even earlier, just that the limit used to reach only on LN2 but with SB you can reach it even on water/air. If you are unlucky, you can be even stuck with a 48X(which is the minimum reported yet) chip with no other option to overclock further......

btw...thread needs an update

http://www.techenclave.com/overcloc...ssion-intel-core-i7-191538-2.html#post1830242

Lord Nemesis said:
^^ Asus Boot screen comes on and I can go into UEFI with DEL key, but system hangs just before staring to load windows.
Does it get stuck with blinking cursor??? If yes then that means thats the chips limit....

Back